Traveller Release Schedule 2024

Before my stay in GB (exchange pupil) I did to. After 6 weeks in Norwich I came home and put milk and sugar in it
I almost never add anything. Sometimes a slight touch of honey (a girl I dated from Finland taught me that) but mostly just simple easy leaves and hot water.

Dang! I was hoping to see the Bounty Hunter book sooner but you can't rush quality! I'm so excited for what you guys have in store as a new Ref (and hopefully one day player)

steampunk-airship_303085-3559.jpg
Zeppelins.

Looks like Bounty Hunter has gotten pushed back a bit.
I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I feel good about their taking their time with it.

Do we know who's writing The Starship Operator's Manual? Also, has it been disclosed if it is going to be rewriting (inventing anew) everything the previous Starship Operator's Manual (by DGP) did? Most probably so, but maybe they took some notes, or at least drew inspiration, from it.

Do we know who's writing The Starship Operator's Manual? Also, has it been disclosed if it is going to be rewriting (inventing anew) everything the previous Starship Operator's Manual (by DGP) did? Most probably so, but maybe they took some notes, or at least drew inspiration, from it.
It's been stated that the Old Hand won't be in it, which makes me sad. I hope he shows up somewhere else.

Do we know who's writing The Starship Operator's Manual?
Lead author Adrian Tymes, and co-authors Sabrina Tymes, Robert Eaglestone, and Gabriel Gonçalves de Araujo Barbosa da Fonseca (Hi!).

Also, has it been disclosed if it is going to be rewriting (inventing anew) everything the previous Starship Operator's Manual (by DGP) did? Most probably so, but maybe they took some notes, or at least drew inspiration, from it.

The book covers a lot more than the original SOM did, and to a much greater depth. We have done our best to be faithful to the old SOM, but a lot was also updated both to comply to Mongoose 2nd and Traveller 5, as well as the last nearly half a century of space travel advancements.

The book covers a lot more than the original SOM did, and to a much greater depth. We have done our best to be faithful to the old SOM, but a lot was also updated both to comply to Mongoose 2nd and Traveller 5, as well as the last nearly half a century of space travel advancements.
That sounds most excellent! Looking forward to reading what you came up with, especially with regards to the maneuver drive (thrusters). The one they came up with in the old SOP was interesting and I really liked the entire thrust vectoring part (with rapidly dropping efficiency as you vectored it away from straight backwards). As you mentioned Traveller 5, I take it you are going with the idea (or option) of limiting thrusters to 1000 diameters of a major mass (gravity well) given in T5, or am I mistaken?

Anyway, for all the tech, not just thrusters, you can invent all sorts of theories and/or technobabble for the why it works, but I'm mainly interested in how it works - the effect of said tech in practice (what you can do with it).

Lead author Adrian Tymes, and co-authors Sabrina Tymes, Robert Eaglestone, and Gabriel Gonçalves de Araujo Barbosa da Fonseca (Hi!).

Will you finally explain where waste heat goes?
Will you make some attempt to reconcile known science with the handwavium?
Will you explain gravitics - artificial gravity, acceleration compensation, null-grav modules
What will the m-drive paradigm be this time around?
Will you end the hydrogen filled jump bubble debate?
Will you include the ramifications of damper technology at TL12?

Will you finally explain where waste heat goes?
Yes-ish.
Will you make some attempt to reconcile known science with the handwavium?
Yes.
Will you explain gravitics - artificial gravity, acceleration compensation, null-grav modules
Yes.
What will the m-drive paradigm be this time around?
T5 Compliant, but incorporating the concepts of the original SOM of thrust output varying with angle, etc.
Will you end the hydrogen filled jump bubble debate?
Hopefully.
Will you include the ramifications of damper technology at TL12?
To some extent; for instance, we point out that nuclear dampers are in large part what makes fusion reactions so easy by artificially decreasing the repulsion between nuclides due to the strong force, therefore requiring colder temperatures to achieve fusion at the cost of the energy yield in the reaction.

I'd tinker a bit more with the gravitationally motivated drives.

I'd suggest more extensive customization options, at introductionary technological level, not just budget and advanced.

Lifters could be organic, or an add on.

Back