Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 - eBook & Pre-Order

Sorry about the delay, a little web site wobble. We have just given the server a kick and you should now be clear to download.

MongooseMatt said:
Sorry about the delay, a little web site wobble. We have just given the server a kick and you should now be clear to download.

Confirmed...clear to download...thanks again.

This probably wont get answered but what the hell.
Why was telekinesis changed from 1 psi point for 100lbs to 1 psi point for 10lbs?

agentwigggles said:
Why was telekinesis changed from 1 psi point for 100lbs to 1 psi point for 10lbs?

We wanted to alter the scaling of what is possible with Telekinesis and bring in more in line with the other talents. Basically, we wanted throwing a person about to be a Big Deal, and concentrate instead on the manipulation of small objects. Worth pointing out that different universes can easily change this scale (1 point per 1,000 kg to go on God Mode, for example).

MongooseMatt said:
agentwigggles said:

We wanted to alter the scaling of what is possible with Telekinesis and bring in more in line with the other talents. Basically, we wanted throwing a person about to be a Big Deal, and concentrate instead on the manipulation of small objects. Worth pointing out that different universes can easily change this scale (1 point per 1,000 kg to go on God Mode, for example).

Oh cool. Thanks for getting back to me.

Page 180

The Bridges table has been revised (well not really as there was no bridge table - and thanks BTW for finally including spacecraft construction!) so rather than as in High Guard 51-99 tons requiring a 6 tons bridge and 100-200 tons a 10 tons bridge, 51-100 is 6 now tons and 101-200 is 10 tons.

Which means the Scout/Courier and the Seeker now have the 'wrong' size of bridge at 10 tons.

(I seem to remember there being somewhere a minimum bridge size of 10 tons for starships but can't see that anywhere in High Guard so it must be some other edition of Traveller).

I'll keep that in mind; seems an attempt to make the Scout competitive again, considering that a small bridge variant would now be three tonnes.

Also, would indicate that all bridges are capable of jump control; cockpit, iffy.

RogerMc said:
Page 180

The Bridges table has been revised (well not really as there was no bridge table - and thanks BTW for finally including spacecraft construction!) so rather than as in High Guard 51-99 tons requiring a 6 tons bridge and 100-200 tons a 10 tons bridge, 51-100 is 6 now tons and 101-200 is 10 tons.

Which means the Scout/Courier and the Seeker now have the 'wrong' size of bridge at 10 tons.

They are correct at 10 tons - High Guard has the priority here.

I can see how this arose (the single ton dividing line that just happens to be right at the Type-S mark), but not why that crept in, as the Word docs I am looking at duplicate High Guard.

We will look into this, but for now assume the dividing lines at are 51-99 tons and 100-200 tons as per High Guard.

Does the standard edition come with a pdf? And are pdf purchases available at purchase or held until physical copies are shipped?

Moose said:
Does the standard edition come with a pdf? And are pdf purchases available at purchase or held until physical copies are shipped?

It indeed comes with a PDF, and you will get it immediately!

Tiny update to the ebook file (and the FAQ) - the bridge table issue has been trapped and we have added a paragraph for ship repairs. If you re-download (from our web site or Drivethru) you will get the latest version.

On page 153, in the Skipping on Debts sidebar, it looks like the time frames did not get fully updated.

It goes:
Payment is less than four weeks overdue: -4
Payment is 4-24 MONTHS overdue: +4
Payment is 25 MONTHS to one year overdue: +2
Payment is more than one year overdue: +0

Old version of rules used months (1-6 then 7 months to 1 year), update has been converted to weeks but wording was missed.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive. The site says my order had been shipped, when can I expect it to be delivered?

Back