Traveller 2nd Edition Errata

Thanks! That's really useful and will probably save me from posting questions already answered.
On the Heavy Fighter computer, I wonder if the intent was really to make it CT Model/5 which is now Model /25.
I checked the original Fighting Ships, and that had the Computer as/7, reduced to /6 by lack of bridge, so it's not a straight "translation error".

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CB3lp-eKOzOlFKxEkbMV-78XLXotrlyyXDTDaUElM68/edit?usp=sharing
AndrewW said:
GarethL said:
J-Drive, High-Tech Advantages
Note that Stealth jump normally requires two advantages, thus the Harrier breaks the rules presented in High Guard here

Actually, it requires one that was supposed to have been updated. (...) That adjustment should have been in before the PDF was released, not sure what happened.

Thanks for the errata, just adding a thing you missed.

Baldo said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CB3lp-eKOzOlFKxEkbMV-78XLXotrlyyXDTDaUElM68/edit?usp=sharing

I have some quibbles:
nX3pCVv.png

E.g. the jump drive is base 5 Dt + 2 × 2.5% × 200 Dt = 15 Dt.

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thank you's. I really appreciate all the work you put into creating and compiling this errata document.

I am assuming most, none, all of this content has been added to the core rules book PDF's available from drivethrurpg.com ?

That's great work! The format looks good even on mobile.

Do you revise the unofficial to official when the correction is confirmed by an editor? Or are the things marked official corrections that appear in newer PDF editions but not necessarily in print or first release PDF editions?

Thanks all,

I found detailed errata on the forums for all of the high guard ships that I'm currently working through,

I'll add everything else you've suggested as soon as I can,

steve98052 said:
Do you revise the unofficial to official when the correction is confirmed by an editor? Or are the things marked official corrections that appear in newer PDF editions but not necessarily in print or first release PDF editions?
I don't want to come across as organised or anything... I just wanted to make it clear what official word was and what was a workable but unofifcial tweak was in case people questioned anything,

The CSC Track trait is official. I emailed Matt some time ago and he confirmed it's an omission. The trait stays.

Also, can someone elaborate a little on this one:

"Page 135, Vehicle Critical Hits
Where results “increase hull severity”, apply a hull critical hit at the lowest level not yet applied..."

Is that the same it works for spaceships?

arcador said:
The CSC Track trait is official. I emailed Matt some time ago and he confirmed it's an omission. The trait stays.
Cool - thanks,
arcador said:
Also, can someone elaborate a little on this one:

"Page 135, Vehicle Critical Hits
Where results “increase hull severity”, apply a hull critical hit at the lowest level not yet applied..."
Taken from this thread:
http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=120907
My take on it is that if a critical hit results in an effect saying "Hull Severity increased by +1" or similar (such as a level five fuel hit) then advance the critical hit level of the Hull track by one.
arcador said:
Is that the same it works for spaceships?
Yeah - it looks like it.

High Guard page 77: what's the tonnage of planetoid results (8-12)? And do planetoids automatically change the ore type to "nickel iron planetoids" for the purpose of the Commodity Prices table on page 79?

I've been going with, "8=10,000,000 tons, 9=100,000,000 tons, 10=1,000,000,000 tons, 11=10,000,000,000 tons, 12-then-1=100,000,000,000 tons, continue the pattern for 12-2 through 12-6".

Though the net yields seem a little much. Just one find at 7+ for size (7=1,000,000 tons), with an average 14% usable yield (140,000 tons), with crystal-type ores (50,000 credits/ton; if you're searching a trojan belt, on average at least 1 in 3 asteroids will have useful crystal ores, which on average can be found in surveyed in less than the 14 shifts that a lone prospector can manage in a week, let alone the 28 shifts that a 2+ person crew can manage in that time). Staking the claim is practically a autosuccess, so long as someone on the crew took Admin 1+. Selling the claim is likewise likely enough not to discount; the average 10% price (actually 10.5%, but 10's simpler math) brings the average haul to 700 megacredits for a week's worth of work.

Granted, this is very spiky: it's quite possible or one team to spend a week finding only small or worthless rock, and for another team to find teracredit (or even petacredit, if 12-6 is 10,000,000,000,000,000 tons) hauls right off. The main swinginess seems to be the size of the rock (and thus part of why it seems valid to say that size rolls of 8+ mean "use planetoid prices", merely 400 credits/ton).

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you wingedcat, only another question.

I am wondering if I missed something here (I couldn't find it in the errata): The Tigress-Class Dreadnought has 430 Sm. Missile Bays. That means, with a full load of missiles (not counting extra storage I am assuming) they have 61,920 missiles on board loaded in the bays (144 per). So why do they have a missile storage of 7,680 missiles? Is that so they can reload a few bays, at best? This perplexes me, unless there is something I am missing (likely).

Possibly as reloads for the 300 heavy fighters (each of which has a missile rack)? The numbers still don't divide evenly, but you're right that it wouldn't provide much of a reload for the 430 small missile bays.

it could be used for special warheads such as nukes, ortillery or even probe drones depending on mission?

12 salvoes of regular (or most likely advanced) missiles feels like it should suffice for a full battle, but having up to 1 1/2 full salvo of other warheads available without having to compromise the standard loadout might come in handy?

OK, so I guess I should just look at it as a, "in case I haven't thought of it..." type thing. I agree that 12 shots of 5,160 missiles each do seem like they could be enough for a battle. But, the battles that type of ship could get into, it might just not be enough.

I have noticed other things. Is it OK if I just keep asking them here? As they come up, or should I try to put a list together? (With my mind, if I don't ask it right away, I an very likely to forget.) Or should I make a whole new thread? I have been checking the things I notice against the errata, so it is stuff in both the HG book and the errata.

Condottiere said:
If this is a legacy specification or derived thereof, it probably isn't optimal to begin with.
Do you mean that the brought in stats from earlier editions and didn't check them against the new rules?

Anyway, I was able to find some of the answers on my own, and will continue to do so. :D

I just noticed a mistake in the Slug Throwers chapter.

The Gauss Rifle on page 118 is listed as TL 12 when it should be TL 13.

Source: Page 120 says that it "replaces riles at TL 13" and the Gauss Pistol is TL 13.

Back