Trading ?

Dartson

Mongoose
Just started a campaign with a group of friends I haven’t played traveler with since college, so it’s been a minute to say the least. As we started jumping around pursuing this new adventure, gave some light trading a shot to make some $ with our scout ship.

Found the trading rules in the core rulebook a little convoluted as we are working through them in real time. Has anyone developed a spreadsheet or workflow with the tables that will make this less tedious as we execute the process at each starport? Did some research on here and online but haven’t really found what I’ve been envisioning. Thoughts?

Saladman

Banded Mongoose

ColinD

Mongoose
As a Referee I like to make a few bargains using the Trading table as a guide and offer it to the Travellers.

Example: Banasdan to Amber Zone Noricum along with its Naval Base.
Advanced Electronics will go for 200% of price for the Naval Base.
Also Advanced Weapons at 80% on Banasdan and 120% on Naval Base.

If Smuggling the Amber Zone will make it very profitable for many things.

I also try and put faces to the trade. The Electronics could be from a small, starting up firm that wants to make a splash in the market.

ColinD

Mongoose
Just started a campaign with a group of friends I haven’t played traveler with since college, so it’s been a minute to say the least. As we started jumping around pursuing this new adventure, gave some light trading a shot to make some $ with our scout ship.

Found the trading rules in the core rulebook a little convoluted as we are working through them in real time. Has anyone developed a spreadsheet or workflow with the tables that will make this less tedious as we execute the process at each starport? Did some research on here and online but haven’t really found what I’ve been envisioning. Thoughts?
I love mixing in Trading with a Traveller game. It can showcase the players as negotiators and is a way they can meet parts of a planet's society they would normally miss by just sitting in the Starport or hanging out at the Spacebar. Not that there's anything wrong with going to the local Cantina!