Tone of MMWG

I've thought about it, and think that if a 15 year old girl is invited to a MWWG game, the GM will have to take the game a lot more seriously than if only guys and adult women are invited.

A teenager would be looking for role models, and have questions to which a guy should be able to give honest answers. A game like MWWG is going to bring certain topics to the table, so a guy needs to be ready for them.

Odds are kids already talk about this stuff and have opinions on it. Whether they're comfy talking to their parents about it even in the context of a game is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

I think you can run this at different levels of comfort though.

U - 'She Ra'
PG - 'Charlies Angels'
15 - 'Hell Comes to Frogtown'
18 - 'Debbie Does Dallas' meets 'Doberman'

I know someone is going to want to throw something at me for saying this, but one of the best examples for the typical tone of MWWG game is the comic Tank Vixens. An all girl team of six, all well-endowed, all packing serious firepower, and every last one of them is a lesbian. It's a furry comic, but it spends more time making fun of furry and anime conventions (such as the young and sexy female CO) then anything else.
*runs away from the large pointy objects that are coming his way*

Thanks, usually I expect a kind of reply that is not really repeatable (never got them, but I know they can come at any time.) Then again, I like my role-playing to be more than a little off the wall (ala Judge Dredd or the earlier versions of Gamma World) so I usually try to find material that goes in that direction.
As for Tank Vixens, I never read the comic per say (no credit card and I don't want my FLCS to give me any funny looks) but the one storyboard (no pictures, just text) I found on the main site was as funny as heck and a good idea for the tone of MWWG as well as TV.
And remember, a single sexy pose is as deadly as an entire tank battalion in the Tank Vixens universe. Surely there can be a mechanic for making those nerdy Republican weenies melt when one of the PCs does something unreal (read the storyboard on the main site, I'd get in trouble if I gave a example)?

Given that Wisconsin is very much a battleground state in the Red-Blue United States Culture Wars, I made it very much a literal battleground between the red-bikini-clad Wausau Pact and the blue-bikini-clad MATO Forces. Of course, with this being Wisconsin, they have to be able to change into their parkas at a moment's notice.

(I've given a god of snow and ice a nice mansion in Manitowoc County, and sometimes random blizzards wander around the state. OTOH, it could also be 90 degrees in January; you never know what you'll get.)

On the other hand, I doubt that a tank-vixen will be able to make a bikini-clad Republican babe's heart melt just by posing. Maybe if she started talking about tax breaks and mutual funds...

Utgardloki said:
On the other hand, I doubt that a tank-vixen will be able to make a bikini-clad Republican babe's heart melt just by posing. Maybe if she started talking about tax breaks and mutual funds...
Forgive my ignorance, I also need to buy the core book.

Bikini-clad Republicans aren't in the book.

It's just that in the book, most men have been killed by the plague, so if a macho woman with a gun has a problem, it is often with other macho women with guns. Kind of like Tank Vixens vs another crew of Tank Vixens.

Utgardloki said:
Bikini-clad Republicans aren't in the book.

It's just that in the book, most men have been killed by the plague, so if a macho woman with a gun has a problem, it is often with other macho women with guns. Kind of like Tank Vixens vs another crew of Tank Vixens.
As I said, there are embarassingly large holes in my knowledge here.

darth_azabrush said:
Works the same way with patriarchal Texas as it will in the next Tank Vixen's adventure!
Yeah, I was under the impression that the Republic of Texas was the last "noble" baston of the XY chromosome. Again, I need to read the book. Also I assumed the Republic was a joke to make fun of arrogant men who want to pretend to rule the world. :wink:

Yeah, I was under the impression that the Republic of Texas was the last "noble" baston of the XY chromosome. Again, I need to read the book. Also I assumed the Republic was a joke to make fun of arrogant men who want to pretend to rule the world.

Lies! Lies! What it says in the Mongoose Sourcebook is all Yankee lies!

:)

Definitely, you want to buy the sourcebook. You don't want to get all your news of the MWWG world from me. I should have a timeline of the MWWG world on this forum somewhere, which I don't think got any replies. It combines the events described in the sourcebook with my own ideas. I'm always glad to be of service.

Meh, I'm a little short on cash right now from picking up Paranoia (I just had to get one of the last XP editions now that Microsoft told Mongoose to stop printing them) and I'm kind of torn between MWWG and JD, but I'll probably pick up both eventually. :D

Texan's aren't interested in ruling the World.-TEXAN MALE'S ARE INTERESTED IN RULING THE UNIVERSE AND ALL DIMENSIONS KNOWN AND UNKNOWN-BUT THE PESKY MACHO WOMEN-BAT WING BIMBO'S AND RENEGADE NUN'S KEEP MESSING UP THEIR PLAN'S TO RULE THE UNIVERSE IN MY MWWG CAMPAIGN-PIGKING KING OF ALL UNDEAD ZOMBIE PIGGY'S EVERYWHERE.. :twisted: BWA HAA HAA-OINK POWER.

I'm probably crazy.

I am going to have to have a war between my MWWG universe and Pigking's MWWG universe. We'll see whose batwing bimbos rule whose.

Utgard-you can have my MWWG Universe-Alien Invaders from Uranus captured all my MWWG Characters using a Hypnosis Ray World wide. the Invaders from Uranus took all the Macho Women-Batwing Bimbo's and Renegade Nun's back to Uranus with them to use them for Breeding Purposes on Uranus.-My Campaign World is for the taking.-as all the MWWG Classes threw down their weapon's and boarded the Uranian Space Saucer's all in their Birthday suits (nude) and left Earth. They are under the Uranians total control because all the women in my campaign world are wearing mind control collars and don't have any will of their own. they do whatever the Uranians tell them to do willingly with question. :wink:

Back