Tiger Starfuries - Sneak Peek!

Shadow Queen said:
they say its in the war without end eps seasion 1

If memory serves, War Without End is the two-parter in season 3. I think there is supposed to be one that flies out of the EAS Hyperion in the season one episodes where Epsilon 3 starts to misbehave, A Voice in the Wilderness.

never noticed it until I saw some close-up shots on the web somewhere.

Slightly Norse John said:
The Badger (Tu-16B...no, sorry, Harppon flashback, it's not armed with Kelt missiles) is a proto- Thunderbolt, misile armed attack fighter.
Actually it IS armed with Kelt missiles, they got them from the same place Airwolf got it's Mavericks...

Wulf

Actually it IS armed with Kelt missiles,

An AS-5 Kelt is about the same size as a Starfury...if you strapped a T-Bolt onto one I'm not sure if it would be a fighter armed with a missile or vice-versa.

Still, it's rocket-powered, so it'd still go racing off in space...might have difficulty steering, tho.

I don't play EA so I won't be getting any but I have to say I approve. It's nice to see that Mongoose can bring out some good B5 stuff. I was worried that all the good designs were going to Starship Troopers and we were getting the scraps.

Now....where are the T'Rakks? :D

Just something that occured to me......

But there isnt a cockpit on those things. Either they did not have one, just lots of cameras.....rather unlikely, or please get better paintjobs for the pics on your homepage......

Nomad said:
Actually it IS armed with Kelt missiles,

An AS-5 Kelt is about the same size as a Starfury...
Clearly not an Airwolf fan 8) In that seies, the helicopter has 3 3" drainpipes strapped underneath which, according to what the crew were saying, could fire Mavericks, Sidewinders & numerous other missile types...

Wulf

To say nothing of the minor problem of Airwolf ripping its rotors off evey time it went supersonic. Lets be honest it was hardly the most technically thought out show but damnit, it was COOL. Back in the days saturday afternoons had good tv on....

I think I may go watch the A-Team now :)

Voronesh said:
Just something that occured to me......

But there isnt a cockpit on those things. Either they did not have one, just lots of cameras.....rather unlikely, or please get better paintjobs for the pics on your homepage......

It the flat section dead centre. They've just painted it silver. Given the general lack of detail in the cockpit area on the standard Aurora I don't think they should be crucified on it.

also bear in mind its a space ship. Alot of space suits etc use metalic coatings on the visors to defend against the glare from the sun, so why not a starfury cockpit?

Yes yes i know.....

But the show had glass cockpits or some hightech form thereof.

And it would have been a nice touch.

Its just that with the tiger Drakh i realized that the ships can really look ALOT better with a good paintjob......why hamper yourself??

Nagle........

Its not about my models........

Its bout MGP pics they put on their mainpage.

Like the official Drakh pictures dont make me want to buy Drakh at all. But the Tiger Drakh sure gave me a second thought.

And yes i would put a blue dot on my own fighters, gah im not that stupid.........

Locutus9956 said:
To say nothing of the minor problem of Airwolf ripping its rotors off evey time it went supersonic. Lets be honest it was hardly the most technically thought out show but damnit, it was COOL. Back in the days saturday afternoons had good tv on....

I think I may go watch the A-Team now :)

The book of the Airwolf pilot explains it better, as the helicopter approaches maximum rotor speed the rotors fold away and the jets kick in. The fuselage itself is a lift generating body and so the jets propel it above Mach 1.

Obviously they couldn't film it that way without a lot more CGI than they could afford back then :lol:

LBH

Back