Tiger Starfuries - Sneak Peek!

frobisher said:
Tank said:
AoG didnt do them FA but did do them Wars

Yup - all evidence is pointing towards my memory being dodgey here. Of course if I'd actually painted some of them then I'd trust my memory more...

But I'd never have expected the Tigers to get a release, Flying Fox next..?

I was gonna sya the Flying Fox as well ... so will there be more early designs?

yeah, I read that right after I posted...then I went and looked for S&P 39, realized we were still on 37....and shook my fist at the sky...."Khannn!!!"

Chern

Chernobyl said:
yeah, I read that right after I posted...then I went and looked for S&P 39, realized we were still on 37....and shook my fist at the sky...."Khannn!!!"

Chern

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

LBH

Typical, MGP brings out one goddie, and everyone cries "We want this, we want that, we want more!!!" Ah well... :roll:

Are these going to replace the original Starfuries in the Early Years Fleet box or will those remain the same?

Nick

The Early years also represents the time of the Minbari War, so I guess the Auroras will stay in the box.

But yes, those tigers are cool! Almost makes me think twice about choosing 3rd age for my EA fleet - almost...

Musteatbrains....

yer youre right about the Auroras.

But its just that MGP does such a nice model, ofc you want more of that.

And its great that ittl be in S&P39, thats as good as it being in Armageddon :D

CXan anyone tell me what is the diference the new starfury tiger and the regular Starfury? Have more range? more AD? More initiative? :?

It's the old Starfury Tiger. The Nova was replaced by the Tiger, the Tiger was replaced by the (standard) Aurora, the Aurora may be replaced by the Thunderbolt- it'll be less effective than the standard 'Starfury'.
The Badger (Tu-16B...no, sorry, Harppon flashback, it's not armed with Kelt missiles) is a proto- Thunderbolt, misile armed attack fighter.

It's the old Starfury Tiger. The Nova was replaced by the Tiger, the Tiger was replaced by the (standard) Aurora, the Aurora may be replaced by the Thunderbolt- it'll be less effective than the standard 'Starfury'.

I thought the Tiger came first; IIRC the Nova Starfury is pretty much the same spaceframe as the Aurora with older internals.

Fox then Tiger then Nova then Aurora.

The Nova was designed from Dilgar Tharoun fighter Parts and was named Nova, because it was mainly started from the Nova Dreadnought.
The Aurora is an upgraded Nova Starfury.

At the beginning of the Dilgar war only ca. 20% of all fighters where Nova and in the end it was over 80%.

Very accurate and attractive minis, I'll be buying some of these.

(I was originally going to do Crusade-era EA, but upto now, Early-era seems more effective, certainly at Raid PL. Mafeesh.)

After the weirdness of some of the Armageddon stuff, a return to more 'canon' B5 is very welcome.

Goldritter said:
Fox then Tiger then Nova then Aurora.

Starfury progression was; Aries, Flying Fox, Tiger, Nova & Aurora.

source info from the Chameleon Eclectic: Earthforce Sourcebook.

(and i actually spelled Chameleon Eclectic right for a change, been calling them Chamelion Electric for years! :oops: :roll: )

the Tiger mini looks very nice indeed. 8) 8)

Slightly Norse John said:
The Badger (Tu-16B...no, sorry, Harppon flashback, it's not armed with Kelt missiles) is a proto- Thunderbolt, misile armed attack fighter.

Is this the two-man one with the rear facing copilot?

Back