Thief's Companion - August 2009

Cover for Thief Companion:

conanthiefcomp.jpg

I must confess I liked the Warrior's Companion, so I hope I will like this book too.

I have just a complain. Warrior's Companion was initially advertised as a 120 pages book for £15, and we got 92 pages for those £15.

NOW the Thief Companion is advertised as a 120 pages book, will we see the same reduction of pages count?

Yeah, the Warriors Companion was a little thin, just got a copy the other day. Some nice ideas in there though, and I like the character descriptions as well.

Looking forward to the Thiefs Companion. (And to playing Conan rpg, in truth). I wonder, is the Secrets of Skelos a 'sorcerors companion'? Or do you think we can expect a true Sorcerors Companion towards the end of the year?

But that cover... yuck. I'm glad I'm not into thieves for I wouldn't like to have that one on my shelf.

Yeah, that's a pretty sorry cover. It doesn't inspire one to play a thief or think how cool thieves are in the game in any way, shape, or form.

I think art on these books should make one say to himself, "Damn, that's cool! I can't wait to play THAT."

This cover doesn't deliever on any angle, really.

Hope the content is good, though.

I'd like to read a review when someone finally gets this.

Yeah, it seems Mongoose is going cheap with their cover artists. The Warrior's Companion cover was weak too. I've talked with a lot of gamer's who've said they didn't buy the Lankhmar book because of the cover.

5164DVSMPXL._SS500_.jpg

Word to the 'goose, you're not winning any customers with these weak ass covers. I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but with RPG books those are part of the draw. :?

Hey...isn't that Stallone from Rambo XXVII...the one where Rambo goes through a portal and rescues Vietnam POWs that are being held by Thoth-Amon?

I'll probably buy this book, but not because of its cover. And, if I wasn't already so "sold" on Mongoose's Conan, I just might not be as inspired to buy it.

Strom said:

I like this cover much more than those on Warrior's Companion and Betrayer of Asgard.
The real problem remains the page count (whether it will remain 120 pages or not) and its content.
I hope it will be as good as Warrior's Companion, where my only complaint were its small dimensions.

Supplement Four said:
Hey...isn't that Stallone from Rambo XXVII...the one where Rambo goes through a portal and rescues Vietnam POWs that are being held by Thoth-Amon?

LOL! I was about to say that Conan looks a lot like Sylvester Stallone in this one. I wonder what happened to Chris Quilliams?

I want the book, but the cover sucks.

We couldn't get a Quillams cover of Conan, I don't know...stealing something?

I think that guy on the rope in the background is non-chalantly stealing gems or something out of that wall art while Rambonan puts the hurt down (in a very un-thief like manner) on the guys in the front. :roll:

Undoubtedly. But wouldn't it be a thousand times cooler if Conan were stealing it? If Conan is engaged in combat, hasn't the time for nonchalant thievery passed?

Color me underwhelmed and disappointed.

Hopefully, the content will be up to usual high-quality standards, but I confess - it's going to have to compensate for that cover.

Azgulor said:
Undoubtedly. But wouldn't it be a thousand times cooler if Conan were stealing it? If Conan is engaged in combat, hasn't the time for nonchalant thievery passed?

Color me underwhelmed and disappointed.

Hopefully, the content will be up to usual high-quality standards, but I confess - it's going to have to compensate for that cover.

Thats right. Isn't Conan, 'a thief, a reaver, a slayer?'. Couldn't Conan be the thief on the cover? Stealing an Acheronian sword from the skeletal grip of a dead king? Im writing it myself here. :lol:

Ugh. That cover would make REH roll over in his grave. Is the masterful Mr. Quilliams no longer making the covers? :? His art is a banquet for the eye! 8)

This cover is quite ridiculous IMO even if the concept is great.
I though the Conan game was more mature than other RPG, but you can't show boobs in the inner illustration and propose a cover for kids.

I have to agree whit everyone else, that cover for thiefs companion is horrible! It's of a really bad taste, just like the one from warriors companion. I believe many users from this board thought that bad cover from warriors was just a one book deal, but again we see a very bad art in the cover of the books we love, that's sad.

Back