The Rule book mixes DnD skills with Conan do you

afro-slav

Mongoose
I was paging through the Conan rule book 1st ed and I read the concentration skill and it mentions storm of vengeance and combat casting but these two items are mentioned in the players handbook and not in the Conan RPG.

So
A) I assume Mongoose just used the skill section from the PHBK and did not change it for Conan. ( this is just an onservation and not a complaint)

B) With that being said do you allow players to use skills and feats from DnD in your games?

I think it is ok as long as it has GM approval.

Thanks,
Afro-slav

Editing. I don't think it was meant to be in there.

... and no, I wouldn't, in general. That said I'm running my campaign in a different world than the Hyborian Age, so things are different anyway.

Yeah, in earlier threads it was mentioned that they had already been writing the book when dnd v3.5 came out and that threw them off a little. Much of the Conan game is based on the 3.0 release of OGL. Also, their editor did a very poor job proofing/correcting. So common sense is your best guide for the first edition release of this game book. If you see no support or clarification, it may well be an oversight.

There used to be an errata on the Conan page. Since I don't see it there now, I'd recommend emailing the rulesmasters or one of the moderators for the Conan game and asking them how to get the errata. Hope this helps.

Right, but afro-slav wrote he had the 1st edition core book, not the Atlantean Edition, so that's what I was talking about, the first edition errata.

lastbesthope said:
The Atlantean changes is the first edition errata, I thought.

It brings the first edition into line with the Atlantean.

LBH
I don't remember if there was a separate 1st ed. errata, The AE changes on that website are for converting 1st ed to AE rules changes, not for cleaning up what was wrong with the 1st ed. itself. We haven't heard back from afro-slav yet, I thought from his post that he wasn't using the Atlantean Edition, so a conversion doc to AE wouldn't be much use in this instance. I think you and I may just be misunderstanding each other. :)

I probably had a copy of the original errata on my old PC, but the hard drive crapped out on me and I haven't managed to recover the data yet :(

LBH

The Atlantean Changes document isn't 100% complete and can't really be used sufficiently as an errata between the two editions. I'll look Concentration up for you here in a coupole of minutes and PM you the differences between the editions (I still have both versions).

8)

Back