The Psi Corps

Anonymous said:
So for those of us that are still waiting for our local Game store to get this in (took them 6 extra months to get in The Earth Alliance Fact Book...they had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted it, I had bought it online 3 months before), is there going to be any kind of Download? Teaser???

PLEASE :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:

To be fair, I think your FLGS isn't supposed to have Psi-Corps yet. The GenCon copies were advance releases(I think).

If it's at the open day I'm having it and damn my FLGS preorder!

LBH
Give me ramming speed!

Full review of Gar's excellent book will be up on Dredd Times/Gaming Report within the week, work permiting.

Marc

From this morning on the WZL Industry list (email addresses redacted)

To: <>
Subject: [WZL] B5 Psi Corps Book Alert
Date sent: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:28:50 +0100
Hi guys,

It has come to our attention that our recent release for the Babylon 5 RPG
range, The Psi Corps (MGP 3345), has some very serious problems with the cover - the lamination peels off by touch, rendering the book useless for sale.

If you have copies of this book, please do not sell it on. We are getting
new copies printed ASAP and they will be air frieghted to the US as quickly
as possible. We will replace every copy you have bought from us with all
possible haste.

We will be in touch within the next few hours as to whether your copies
should be returned or simply destroyed.

Many apologies for this. Obviously the sample copies we received from the printers ourselves were not representative of the job as a whole and this slipped us by. We are already taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

If you have any questions or concerns with regards to this book, please get in contact with me directly at <email address redacted>

Regards,

Alexander Fennell
Mongoose Publishing

Any idea when it'll turn up in Australia. You know, the forgotten country. League of Non-Aligned ?Worlds turned up about 2 weeks ago.

fyi said:
From this morning on the WZL Industry list (email addresses redacted)

To: <>
Subject: [WZL] B5 Psi Corps Book Alert
Date sent: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:28:50 +0100
Hi guys,

It has come to our attention that our recent release for the Babylon 5 RPG
range, The Psi Corps (MGP 3345), has some very serious problems with the cover - the lamination peels off by touch, rendering the book useless for sale.

If you have copies of this book, please do not sell it on. We are getting
new copies printed ASAP and they will be air frieghted to the US as quickly
as possible. We will replace every copy you have bought from us with all
possible haste.

We will be in touch within the next few hours as to whether your copies
should be returned or simply destroyed.

Many apologies for this. Obviously the sample copies we received from the printers ourselves were not representative of the job as a whole and this slipped us by. We are already taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

If you have any questions or concerns with regards to this book, please get in contact with me directly at <email address redacted>

Regards,

Alexander Fennell
Mongoose Publishing

The Lengths Mr Bester will go too to prevent Corp secrets being leaked know no bounds :)

And be assured every dirty little corner of the Corp is explored in this book ;)

It has come to our attention that our recent release for the Babylon 5 RPG range, The Psi Corps (MGP 3345), has some very serious problems with the cover - the lamination peels off by touch, rendering the book useless for sale.

Aghhhhh, uhmm OK then. Tell you what I will give you ONE MILLION dollars for one of the defective books! The prospect of waiting any longer for this book makes me weep :(

Nahhhh, well though I hate the wait I'm sure you'll get it out as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know. My local gaming stores will thank you for the reprieve from my daily calls (I call multiple just in case one store got the book sooner.... hmmm perhaps I'm king of the Geeks). Please let us know as soon as possible when you have an idea of the new date it might hit our stores.

This just means maybe my local gaming store will have it in time for x-mas... :cry:

Thas a good question since I pre ordereded it the first time and I got a email about 7 days ago saying it wont ship for about 14 days.

scottmage said:
Why does Psi Corps show as Preorder again?

Does mean that they are no longer shipping?

I'd guess to do with the lamination issue I mentioned on the previous page. They were selling slightly iffy lamination copies at the Open Day for half price, I don't know how many takers they got though.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I'd guess to do with the lamination issue I mentioned on the previous page. They were selling slightly iffy lamination copies at the Open Day for half price, I don't know how many takers they got though.

LBH

How do I get a half price copy even? I can put contact paper on it :!:

I do that on my favorite game books anyway. Clear contact paper is great for making game books last.

Anonymous said:

I do that on my favorite game books anyway. Clear contact paper is great for making game books last.

I'm not sure about the offer, I was talking to the blokely at the stall at the Opn Day (Forgotten his name, sorry). Try dropping Mongoose a line, it can't hurt!

I'm waiting for my FLGS to get one in.

LBH

Anonymous said:

You probably can't - they'll be going back to get pulped as is standard practice for returned books. Mongoose would (at a rough guess) have to pay for any of the unsatisfactory books that they kept, whereas if they return the lot, they don't need to pay for the replacement print run.

What a shame....

I can't even get my local store to look and see what the status is on the book.

I think I will buy it on line...

ronbogard said:
Thas a good question since I pre ordereded it the first time and I got a email about 7 days ago saying it wont ship for about 14 days.

:) :D :p :twisted:

GOT MINE TODAY !!!

I preordered it along with Zocalo about a month ago and finally got them both (with S&P 15)!

YES !!!

Right now I'm so happy, I could even forget the outcome of a certain election that's haunting me...

petitbilbo

Back