The loss of Dredd License - what does it mean?

PerryParker

Mongoose
I received a "sale" email today from Mongoose about a big sale on all RPG Dredd pdf books, because the license has expired.
I also noticed that the miniature rule books were part of the sale.

Then a quick visit to the Mongoose site revealed NO Judge Dredd miniatures anywhere?

Why was this not announced? Was it? When? I am a Kickstarter backer and heard nothing of this. I TOTALLY would have bought more miniatures before they disappeared.
Are they still available? What about the future of the remaining figures for Kickstarter backers? (I for one have received all my figures, but was totally counting on buying some models for which I did not pledge).

Not feeling too amused at the moment with what appears to be very poor communication.... :cry:

As you have noted, we have passed on the 2000AD licence - however, this does not affect the Kickstarter projects in any way. You will all get the miniatures you are after. That has already been discussed with 2000AD and Warlord, and is a guarantee.

We have removed the Judge Dredd miniatures from our web site, as we have several out of stock items already. However, they are still available from Warlord, and will continue to be so until the end of November (with a good discount too!)

Does this mean that things like the vehicles will not be available for those of us that missed out on the kickstarter?

n815e said:
Does this mean that things like the vehicles will not be available for those of us that missed out on the kickstarter?

They won't be available from us. I cannot speak to anything else (just yet).

Sad to hear this project has lapsed with Mongoose. Many Thanks for what was accomplished! ..Could you please, please share with us the closest to final draft achieved for the intended to be free PDF for the East Meg Reinforcements???

I have a nearly complete, Council of Judges Kickstarter pledge that I'm looking to sell, since no one else around here plays.

I think I'm missing one set of the minis that never arrived, but there were a couple of add-ons included that more than balance the deal.

If you (or anyone else) are interested, contact me at tony (dot) l (dot) Thomas (at) Comcast (dot) net.

I gather another company bought the moulds for JD figures like Citi-Def and cultists that were generic in appearance rather than clearly 2000AD. Anyone know of which company it is, I think its a US one?

havercake lad said:
I gather another company bought the moulds for JD figures like Citi-Def and cultists that were generic in appearance rather than clearly 2000AD. Anyone know of which company it is, I think its a US one?

Rebel minis in the US have bought Mongoose moulds for other ranges. I'm only guessing, but they'd be the first place I'd look, in their 28mm sci-fi and horror ranges. http://www.rebelminis.com/

Back