The Crusade Supplement!!!!!

lastbesthope said:
Hi Ryan

Drakh material in the source books:

NSNR (Season 4) : Drakh Raider, warship (unarmed) and Shuttle

WOF (Season 5) : Keepers , Shadow Biotech Control Pods

Crusade : Shadow Death CLoud, Drakh Plague, Shadow peons (people with implanted Shadow tech)

Hope that helps

LBH

Thanks for the reply, LBH.

Kinda disappointing though that there's no info on the Drakh themselves, since the blurb on the book talks about setting campaigns in the ISA era. You'd think that in a sourcebook where the Drakh are the main adversaries, there would be Drakh racial edges, npc's, and warship stats. Oh well, I expected as much, as it fits with the Mongoose pattern so far of rationing out information between books.

Just my 2 cents tho.

Hi guys,

There are big things afoot for the Drakh in the B5 universe (which is still expanding). They are not going to tip their hand too early. . .

Mouth of Sauron said:
You'd think that in a sourcebook where the Drakh are the main adversaries, there would be Drakh racial edges, npc's, and warship stats. Oh well, I expected as much, as it fits with the Mongoose pattern so far of rationing out information between books.

Just my 2 cents tho.

Well technically it's the Drakh plague that is the main enemy, and if the series had continued even that would have been solved and replaced with something more dangerous.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Well technically it's the Drakh plague that is the main enemy, and if the series had continued even that would have been solved and replaced with something more dangerous.

LBH

True. Although the Drakh could've still shown up after the plague was cured. I doubt they would've given up. But that's besides the point since the series was cancelled prematurely and we'll never know for sure.

I guess my main frustration with the line so far has been the difference in my opinion of what should have been included in the sourcebooks, and Mongoose's opinion of what goes in which book. For example, I don't think the Drakh plague needs rpg rules at all, it's made pretty clear in Crusade what it can do. But since stats for the Excaliber are in the book, and the Excaliber fights several battles against Drakh warships (not just Drakh raiders) and the crew encounters the Drakh in person on the ground, there could have been stats for both Drakh ships and npc's, even if those stats get redone in a future book.

But's that just a matter of opinion anyway. Despite my tone I DO like the Mongoose B5 books and think they've done a good job otherwise. :D

Mouth of Sauron said:
True. Although the Drakh could've still shown up after the plague was cured. I doubt they would've given up. But that's besides the point since the series was cancelled prematurely and we'll never know for sure.

Get the Crusade DVDs, I know the region 2 set has 2 commentaries, one form JMS where he mentions where the series would have gone, had it not been cancelled, and the 3 extra episodes in the RPG book also give us a hint.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Get the Crusade DVDs, I know the region 2 set has 2 commentaries, one form JMS where he mentions where the series would have gone, had it not been cancelled, and the 3 extra episodes in the RPG book also give us a hint.

LBH

We'll still never know in what direction the series would have gone for sure. Given the changes that can affect a tv series. :wink:

Great to here this book is coming out & that it will include the info on the unflimed conclusion to the series!

I'm a long time Babylon 5 fan, but I'm just now getting into the RPG. Has the Psi-War that B5 did so much foreshadowing to that occures between the end (though not last episode) of Season 5 & the Call to Arms movie ever been covered by the any of the game supplements? I know there are novels that cover it, but I'm hoping the game has given it treatment aswell...

I'm really curious now about how the Series would have ended... to me the obvious direction to go looking for a cure to a Shadow-designed plague is the abandoned Vorlon homeworld. I realize its security system is supposedly impenetrable, but thats what heroes are for...

There is some details on the Telepath War in the Psi-Corps book but as yet theres no dedicated sourcebook.

Glamourweaver said:
I'm really curious now about how the Series would have ended... to me the obvious direction to go looking for a cure to a Shadow-designed plague is the abandoned Vorlon homeworld. I realize its security system is supposedly impenetrable, but thats what heroes are for...

JMS himself has said that the humans don't get to the Vorlon homeowrld for a million years. Also Lyta in "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars".

ANd JMS not exactly known for doing the obvious in B5, sometimes predictable if you knew what to look for beforehand, but never obvious.

LBH

Barbara said:
I've got to get the Psi-Corp book back on saturday, he's getting too much ammunition from it.

But I'm having fun scaring the psychics that don't realise the blip they are tracking is on a TechnoMage ship! 8)

Don't worry. After all, Sundog still hasn't mentioned in any of his Ranger reports that he's carting around an unlisted human telepath and deliberately disobeying human laws(not turning her in).

Then again, sooner or later his character (instead of the Technomage) is going to be on the receiving end of her temper.

Barbara said:
Then again, sooner or later his character (instead of the Technomage) is going to be on the receiving end of her temper.

Although, it does appear that he is encouraging your temper being directed against me.

I just feel sorry for that poor Minbari you've been terrorising...

Back