The Crusade Supplement!!!!!

lastbesthope

Mongoose
Oh yes ladies and gents, it is very shiny. Lots of info on the Excaalibur, Dureena's Race, the new telepath organisation. And that's just from a flick through the pages.

Can't wait to get a free night to go through it more closely, especially as I just watched the box set on DVD!

LBH

More importantly, what about events in the series that we never saw because it was canned? Do we learn what the cure is and where Crusade would have been going?

There are plots of extra episodes not in the series, the order of the eps is different from the broadcast order, but that makes sense when you watch them.

Some more info on the aftermath of the Teep War is presented but I haven't read it closely yet. i need to be up in 4 hours!

:lol:

I seriously doubt that anyone will be dissapointed with it.

LBH

Does it have a bit where ISN programming executives get the axe (literally or figuratively) in an effort to clear out Clarke's people? If not, it should. Bad TNT, bad, bad., bad TNT. :twisted:

Flarn said:
Does it have a bit where ISN programming executives get the axe (literally or figuratively) in an effort to clear out Clarke's people? If not, it should. Bad TNT, bad, bad., bad TNT. :twisted:

Aren't you confusing Crusade with Season 4?

Satai Delenn said:
Crusade is on my want list :D As soon as it comes out.

How big is your want list these days Satai?

I am in the lucky position of having all the released B5 RPG books from Mongoose.

One thing, the blurb about Crusade supplement on the Mongoose website says the episode reviews are given in broadcast order, but this order is different from the order on the VHS and DVDs. Now whilst watching the series recently, I'm sure some of them are in the wrong order. I know the grey uniform eps were produced first but they later had to rejig for the channel and created the eps that are at the start. I shall consult the RPG supplement, my B5 books and the official printed timeline and try to draw some sort of conclusion.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
One thing, the blurb about Crusade supplement on the Mongoose website says the episode reviews are given in broadcast order, but this order is different from the order on the VHS and DVDs. Now whilst watching the series recently, I'm sure some of them are in the wrong order. I know the grey uniform eps were produced first but they later had to rejig for the channel and created the eps that are at the start. I shall consult the RPG supplement, my B5 books and the official printed timeline and try to draw some sort of conclusion.

LBH

Quick answer - there is no one true answer :)

There are three different orders to Crusade. TNT showed them in one running order, which had the two introductory episodes (Racing the Night and War Zone) at the start. The running order that they appeared on UK TV/Video/DVD's releases was different.

In 2001, when the Sci-Fi Channel started showing Crusade, they asked JMS for his preferred story order.

Chobbly

How big is your want list these days Satai?

I am in the lucky position of having all the released B5 RPG books from Mongoose.

Crusade right now is the only one on my want list .

Chobbly said:
In 2001, when the Sci-Fi Channel started showing Crusade, they asked JMS for his preferred story order.

Which is? I have seen 3 or 4 versions of the correct order.

Eryx said:
Chobbly said:

Which is? I have seen 3 or 4 versions of the correct order.

Message on JMS's preferred order, as requested by Sci-Fi
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated/msg/a1c52c6e0ff6add7?q=g:thl3653952664d&hl=en

Other episode orders
http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/videos/crusade_order.html

Of course, JMS's order reflects the plot, but not neccesarily the chronological ordering of the episodes - War Zone has to happen first, as it is set straight after 'A Call to Arms'. Appearances and Other Deceits clearly has to happen before any of the grey/red uniform episodes, because that's the episode they get them.

Chobbly

Hello fellow B5/Mongoose fans,

Is there any information in the Crusade sourcebook on the Drakh? RPG stats on the Drakh warships, warlock-class, or the Excalibur? :)

Stats on the Excalibur, Drakh Plague and Shadow/Drakh death cloud. I think the other ship stats will need to wait for the Ships guide coming out later this year.

LBH

What!? No information on the armed version of the Drakh Motherships? :eek:

Any stats on the Drakh themselves? You know for use in encounters against your players.

Whens the Crusade book out? Next month?

How far past the half-season 1 does the sourcebook cover?

Hi! I'm new here. I'm not that into RPG's but I'm a B5 nut. Am I still welcome?

I've been watching my Crusade DVDs for the 5th time and each time I get so bummed that there is no more. I'm psyched to hear that Mongoose is publishing new B5 stuff! Maybe we'll find out more about the apocalypse box, Gideon's death, and the cure to the Drakh plague. I'm hoping that the new stories/graphic novels are not going to be the same $35 a pop like the manuals, but hey, I'll take what i can get at this point.

Back