The Biggest Battle Report EVER.

WickedE

Mongoose
In the campaign I've been running at campus, it has culminated in a huge brawl that lasted from Tuesday evening to Wedsnday afternoon, and we only got 3 Turns done (Due to by Wedsnday Afternoon everyone had to go get ready for Thanksgiving). A Results will be posted after the evening feast, but here's the forces List:

My Side:
The Drakh:
2 Motherships
2 Carriers
1 Cruiser
3 Light Cruisers
2 Fast Destroyers
1 Raider Strike Carrier
20 Heavy Raiders (Carriers/Motherships included)
10 Light Raiders

The Centauri: (House Ghustavo)
3 Adira
1 Victory
3 Liati
2 Octurion's
1 Colony Station
1 Balvarix
2 Primus
2 Secundus
2 Tertius
2 Balvarin
1 Dargan
2 Demos
6 Elutarian
1 Magnus
2 Prefect
6 Sulust
7 Darkners
2 Kutai
5 Maximus
1 Morgrath
1 Vorchan
1 Vorchar
2 Independant Rutarian Flights
20 independant Razik Flights
8 Corvan
11 Haven

Their Side:
Crusade Era EA Fleet:
2 Nemisis
1 Poseidon
2 Apollo
3 Marathon
6 Chronos
3 vDelphi
5 Hyperion Cruisers
4 Hyperion Assault Cruisers
3 Raider Strike Carriers

Brakiri Fleet:
2 Brivoki
1 Takata
1 Brokados
2 Kaliva
1 Batrado
1 Halik
2 Brikorta
2 Ikorta

1st EA Dawn of the 3rd Age Fleet:
1 Poseidon
2 Warlock
1 Avenger
3 Omega
1 Hyperion
4 Nova
2 Artemis
2 Olympus
1 Vaarka
12 Independant Thunderbolt Flights
14 Independant Starfury Flights
4 Hermes

Narn Fleet:
1 Ka'Bin'Tak
1 G'Vrahn
1 G'Quan
1 Var'Nic
2 Dag'Kar
2 Rothan
2 G'Karith
5 Ka'Tan
2 Ka'Toc
1 Sho'Kar
6 Independant Frazi Flights
4 Breaching pod Flights
4 Sho'Kov

Kind of on a "Third Front", a Dawn of the 3rd Age EA Fleet:
1 Explorer (With serious refits)
4 Omega
2 Omega Pulse
1 Avenger
1 Hyperion
2 Nova
2 Oracle
2 Artemis
2 Olympus
4 Xixx (Don't ask)
13 Breaching Pod Flights
10 Starfury Flights
10 Thunderbolt Flights
4 Hermes

Minbari Fleet:
1 Neroon
1 Teshlan
1 Tigara
1 Sharkaan
1 Morshin
2 Leshath
2 Torotha
1 Esharan
2 Nial Flights

Needless to say, those Three Turns were harsh. Game took 24+ hours!

Ok that sounds crazy!
We played a 6 Point War battle at Monday, Narn vs my Drakh force.
This took about 6 or 7 hours, i love GEG but not in big Games :)
Gruß Patrick and big respect!

It's...On loan from the ISA player. Ahem.
And considering the opposing fleets? Yeah. I was on the defensive.

Pictures will come soon.
Deployment:
It...Took a LONG time. I started setting up at about 3:00 getting my stuff out, took till about 5 to mark everything on my sheet to keep track. We started at about 7:00pm Tuesday. My deployment error was putting my biggest ships in the back.
1st Turn:
My forces were spread out on one side of the Ping Pong table, with Two Octurions squadded with the Victory in the middle to act as one badass wedge to go right up the middle. Two Adira's were Squadded with a Tertius and Secundus on the right side to help support the Drakh, along with two squads of KNife Fighters, including a Secundus teamed with about Five Maximus! That's a WHOLE bunch of dice that got to see action! My other Secundus was teamed with Two Kutai and a Morgrath.
On the right I had another Adira teamed with four Sulusts, all with Long Range Targeting on the lasers to snipe people, while Another squad consisted of a Prefect, a Magnus, A Tertius and Primus, and the Dargan. Also up front was another Prefect squadroned with two Demos.
My Three Liati's were teamed with a Vorchan and a Vorchar on the left, and the Darkners were squadroned together, except for one, ready to go up middlish Right.
The Elutarians were squadroned together to provide me a serious bombarder element, my Havens were squadroned together to go up the middle ahead of the Big guns, and my scouts and carriers were not squadroned so as to act as initiative sinks.
The Drakh deployed to the right in front of me, and were the first ones to be targeted.

Enemies Deployment
TO BE CONTINUED

Enemies Deployment:
Narn were deployed on the left to match the Drakh, the Warlock EA fleet to the left, Crusade Era Up Front, Minbari and Brakiri in the middle with the Explorer EA in the rear. In hindsight, I'm fairly sure the Crusade Era player wanted to have the Narn up front, but they rushed their deployment and didn't think about it much.

Hindsight: I made a tactical error in deploying my three Adira's in the back. I should've Had'em up front to unleash firepower immediately. As is, it took to Turn 3 before they could shoot.

Turn 1: Movement:

We won initiative, though it was really irrelevant because we couldn't shoot. The bore sighters of the opponent couldn't get a lock, except for the Nemesis. The Motherships and Drakh Carriers started Scrambling, sending Raiders out left and right, and One Nemesis boresighted one. The other tried, but the Drakh Revealed the KEEPER he'd placed on it AND the Neroon, taking them out of the fight!
This then caused the bulk of the enemy fleet to turn towards the Drakh...
Unfortunately, the opposing forces could barely move because of how tight together they were. Over half ended up All stopping because they couldn't maneuver forward.

Shooting:
The only thing able to shoot, was the Nemesis who crippled the raider it was targeting. Other than that, uneventful.

2nd Turn: Movement.
Things started getting interesting, as my Beamers were now in range of a few Hermes that wandered too far forward, and the EA player with the Explorer started Shooting the Brakiri because of the MASSIVE traffic Jam. (Don't ask me why.)
Movement wise, the Nemesis Continued to boresight, while the Advanced Narn (G'Vrahn and Ka'Bin'Tak) started unloading Mines that really hurt the Raider Swarms.

Attack:
TO BE CONTINUED. Pie!

Very cool.

We ended up playing a War 8 last week in the campaign, his Narn vs. my Dilgar. Took about 9 hours to play. Luckily, the store owner is cool about such things, and let us leave the game set up wednesday night, and we finished it thursday.

There was a War 9 played on the first turn of the campaign, Vorlons vs. Centuri. Pretty mean, from what I hear.

2nd Turn: Attack

Well, Unfortunately I was only able to pop a few Hermes this turn, while the Drakh managed to malign a couple EA ships.
The Narn continued their Mine Barrage on the Raider Swarms, injuring new ones and destroying the wounded, while the EA's Marathon Squadron, Nemesis, and Apollo's started going to work. THe Right flank EA started taking shots at a squad I had bearing down, but only injured my prefect. All in all, only minorly eventful with the loss of Raiders and one Drakh Cruiser...EXCEPT...

The REAR EA PLAYER with the explorer started DESTROYING Brakiri ships! Literally! His back Olympus, hermes, Artemis, everything in the rear just started destroying the Brakiri forces. Why? Backstabbing for our benefit or just wanted to clear the damn traffic jam? We'll never know.

3rd Turn: Movement
Drakh and Centauri Won iniative, and it was decided this would be the last turn. Why? Well, we started at 7:00pm Tuesday, and it was about 2:30pm Wedsnday. People had to start packing up!
So, The Drakh deployed their last Raiders, moved forward, and my Big Guns finally came within range of the lasers and CAF'ed. Two Octurions CAF'ed two Chronos, A Set of Three Elutarians each targeted two more Chronos, a Squadron of Havens CAF'ed a Chronos, One entire Beam squadron consisting of a Dargan, a Prefect, Two Primus, and a Magnus CAF'ed One Warlock, while my Scouts painted the other so my Adira-Sulust Squadron could take it apart. My Victory Surged Forward with ApTE so it was within Beam range to clean up any leftover Chronos.
On the Drakh front, my Secundus/Maximus squadron came within range of the three Marathons, along with my Adiras/Primus Squadron on that side. Drakh Scouts painted targets, and my Liati Swooped in to target the last few Chronos in the front that stood in my Octurion's way.
Narn closed to Boresight Distance, boresighting many Raiders and Light Cruisers, while the Marathons and Nemesis targeted more of the Drakh Swarm.

Attack:
Well....Let me sum it up for you.
4 Chronos Dead between Missile Barrages, Octurion Fire, Liati Fire, and Haven Fire.
3 Marathons Dead between Drakh Neutron Cannons and Maximus/Secundus Particle Goodness.
1 Warlock due to a CAF'ed Squadron that just tore the crap out of it.
1 Much injured Warlock from the Sniper Squadron.

5 Light Raiders dead by the numerous Boresights and E-Mines
1 Liati Dead by Three Omega's Boresighting it along with 1 Warlock. Took that much to kill it. Much surprise.
2 Demos Dead by Nova's/Omega/Warlock firepower.
1 Prefect dead by Two Brivoki's targeting it.

And of note: his fighters Crippled that Prefect that was targeted by the Brivoki's, Killed a Light Raider right out. DAMN FIGHTERS!

Overall: I made an error in deploying my big ships in the rear. Should've put'em out front to start shooting things ASAP.
The Combined 6 Person fleet was so tightly packed together they couldn't really move or fire until the forward EA fleet got out of the way! It was hilarious!
Total Losses for Each Side:
My Side:
1 Drakh Cruiser
5 Light Raiders
2 Light Cruiser
1 Drakh Scout
1 Drakh Fast Destroyer
6 Heavy Raiders
1 Liati
2 Demos
1 Prefect
1 Haven

Their Side:
3 Marathons
1 Warlock
4 Chronos
5 Hermes
1 Neroon
1 Nemesis (I count the Nemesis/Neroon under the Keeper though)
Pictures coming soon.

Wanna bet?

Brawl11EAmovingturn1.gif

I´m not sure it was quite the biggest battle... I think our Drakh invasion of Earth game tipped well over 250 ships, on a 24ft x 4ft board, with every ship having a fully painted model. I think we managed a fighter count of 200 or so as well if memory serves me right.
Absolutely tonkin game! Came right down to the wire between the Shadow Cloud and the Excalibur (the Victory having popped at the dramatically appropriate moment a few hours earlier).
Of course, what helped the Drakh most was the Earth Commander on their right flank drawing away from Earth and getting tied up in a major furball right down the board... he claimed victory on his flank but probably cost the EAS players the Earth itself.... :twisted:

Back