Terror of the Darklords: character classes?

Zager Krahl

Mongoose
Does anyone know what, if any, character classes there will be in the new 'Terror of the Darklords' expansion for the LWMPGB?

Zager Krahl said:
Does anyone know what, if any, character classes there will be in the new 'Terror of the Darklords' expansion for the LWMPGB?
There are no new classes in Terror of the Darklords. It is a campaign written specifically for Kai Lords. It starts off at the Kai Monastery and then journeys around the northern regions, with a quick skip off to one of the planes en-route... :twisted:

Okay... So are there any Evil character classes available for the LWMP games? I know S&P 81 had the Cener Druid in, but are there really no other Evil classes?!

The reason I ask is that the adventures being posted in S&P are all for good characters only - and it seems a bit dull to me to only have one side of the coin available.

On that note, what are the different classes available for the MP game thus far? (not the d20 one) I picked up the following from the S&P 81 adventure:

Kai Lord
Brother of the Crystal Star
Herbwarden of Bautar
Magician of Dessi
Dwarven Gunner of Bor
Buccaneer of Shadaki
Vakeros Warrior Mage
Border Ranger of the North
Ice Barbarian of Kalte
Kloon Sage of Chaman
Telchos Warrior

Are there any others?

I think the game is being aimed to draw in new players, and an evil campaign is notoriously difficult to do. And the LWMPGB doesn't seem to need to have villains a recogniseable 'class', so in terms of generating bad guys can simply have the abilities you want them to have.

Oh come on... Who would not like the chance to play a Drakkar warrior, or a Vassagonian desert fighter, or an Assassin of Rhem, or an Acolyte of Vashna? Magnamund is FILLED with interesting characters, both good and evil - why focus only on the one side?

Write an adventure, write a character class that can be used with said adventure and submit it to Signs and Portents.

I've already submitted the Hammerlandese Rekenarim character I posted here, some two weeks ago. Have not heard anything since then, but hopefully it gets accepted and published eventually.

As for an evil adventure - you will need more evil characters. To date S&P has only published one, the Cener Druid of Ruel - for a full adventure, you would need at least one each of the warrior/ monk/ mage/ rogue/ ranger classes to give the players some variety.

Actually... *ponders* The preface to LW 13, "The Plague Lords of Ruel", mentions an assault on the Cener fortress of Mogaruith that involved 7000 men... and only 70 managed to make it back to friendly territory. Using the Cener Druid as main class, one could write an adventure that portrays the Cener perspective of the invasion, and revolves around a group of PC's having to accomplish a series of tasks in order to stem the invasion successfully. Of course, LW 13 also mentions that there were Drakkarim and other Darkland characters housed in Mogaruith, so one would expect to see them available as classes too.

Oh, you'd be surprised... I've been running that very campaign for some weeks now on RPoL with 4 players, and they seem to be enjoying it immensely. A Cener Druid, two Acolytes of Vashna, and a Drakkar Rekenarim - and some of them might even be Helghasts... They have just finished exploring the main library in Mogaruith, and the one character was absolutely terrified of a book...

Back