Techno-Mage Chracter Sheet

Mage Ash

Mongoose
I was wondering if Mongoose ever came out with an official character sheet for the techno-mage class. I ask because their are a number of additional things that would need to be added (spells, power points, chaos points) and with them having their own sheet it would be easier to keep track of.

Thanks for any help.

Aramanthus said:
Looks pretty good! I like the midification.

My first attempt at a character sheet, but I checked out a few to get ideas. Especially David C. Carney's sheet that is found here.

Planned changes so far.
- A better lining up of the boxes in front of the skills on the second page.
- Under equipment 'weight carried' will be changed to 'weight carried on body'

Any suggestions on how to improve my sheet?

Kizarvexis

I updated the character with the two above items and added weapon proficiencies on the second page under the Feats, Languages, Teeps, etc section.

Verision 1.1

Kizarvexis
Any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

p.s. If anyone can give me the info on what the Technomages need for a sheet, I can start to work on that. Otherwise, it will have to wait until I get the book and that could take awhile. (b5wars@gmail.com)

Primary Aptitudes
Weak Aptitudes

-Both these are important because they directly impact game playing. You could either set it up as two different categories or give a list of all aptitudes and a small box to allow a person to put in P (primary), S (standard), or W (weak).

The schools are Defense, Elements, Conjuration, Movement, Healing, Enhancement, and Creation.

Power Points - a small little box with the total listed.

Chaos Points - this would contain two numbers; the amount of accrued chaos points / wisdom score (not modifier but actual score)

Spells - A giant list of spells. Just like it would be in a wizard class

Pinnace - This has a list of enhacements. It is important cause all techno-mages get their own ship upon the Becoming.

New Skill: Magery - Techno-mages possess the new skill of Magery. It is a class skill and one that roughly equals Spellcraft.

Thats it. I appreciate what you are doing for it will allow a greater playability of the techno-mages.

Thanks again.

Mage Ash said:
Primary Aptitudes
Weak Aptitudes

-Both these are important because they directly impact game playing. You could either set it up as two different categories or give a list of all aptitudes and a small box to allow a person to put in P (primary), S (standard), or W (weak).

Are these the standard, Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha?

Mage Ash said:
The schools are Defense, Elements, Conjuration, Movement, Healing, Enhancement, and Creation.

Do you need a list of the schools with a check box of which ones you can use?

Mage Ash said:
Power Points - a small little box with the total listed.

Do you get these sort of like how you get skill points every level?

Mage Ash said:
Chaos Points - this would contain two numbers; the amount of accrued chaos points / wisdom score (not modifier but actual score)

Are these like the Dedication points a Dedicated to the Corp Psi Corp member can collect?

Mage Ash said:
Spells - A giant list of spells. Just like it would be in a wizard class

How many spells are they and how many per school? How many details per spell. Please see my telepath sheet below for the list of the telepathic abilities - are these similar?

Mage Ash said:
Pinnace - This has a list of enhacements. It is important cause all techno-mages get their own ship upon the Becoming.

My sheet was going to leave vehicles off as I would prefer to use B5W for that. Is this a long listing of enhancements? (I may add a vehicle add-on sheet for ACtA players.)

Mage Ash said:
New Skill: Magery - Techno-mages possess the new skill of Magery. It is a class skill and one that roughly equals Spellcraft.

NP, easy to add to the skill list.

Mage Ash said:
Thats it. I appreciate what you are doing for it will allow a greater playability of the techno-mages.

Thanks again.

NP, I haven't found the Technomage book at a good enough deal yet, but plan on getting it as soon as I can.

Character sheet page with the Telepath add-on sheet

Kizarvexis

No, a techno-mage still has the main ability scores. The primary and weak aptitudes impact school proficinecy and spell choice (i.e., you usually choose more spells from the primary school and less spells from a secondary school.) Plus, this lists where certain boosts go to spellcasting. That is why I listed the schools, as they need to be listed as weak, standard, or primary aptitudes.

No, you can generally use spells from all schools. But this tells the player chraracter where his ability lies, and what boosts he gets to spellcasting. (For example, casting a primary aptitude spell might increase damage from 1d4 to 2d4 or something).

Are these like the Dedication points a Dedicated to the Corp Psi Corp member can collect?

They list the chance a techno-mage can go into a rage like state. If a techno-mage's chaos point total ever equals his wisdom score he goes nuts for a short time and attacks everything he sees with spells, friend and foe.

How many spells are they and how many per school? How many details per spell. Please see my telepath sheet below for the list of the telepathic abilities - are these similar?

There are over 300 spells. They are:

Spells of Defense

Armor, Lesser
Armor
Armor, Greater
Blurry Image
Bubble of Air
Bubble of Air, Greater
Bubble of Air, Group
Elemental Resistance, Lesser
Elemental Resistance
Elemental Resistance, Greater
Force Wall, Small
Force Wall, Medium
Force Wall, Large
Invisibility
Invisibility, Greater
Invisibility, Group
Shield, Group, Lesser
Shield, Group
Shield, Group, Greater
Shield, Flexible, Lesser
Shield, Flexible
Shield, Flexible, Greater
Shield, Flexible, Total
Shield, Personal, Lesser
Shield, Personal
Shield, Personal, Group
Shield, Vehicular, Small
Shield, Vehicular, Large
Shield, Vehicular, Starship
Skin of Wood
Skin of Bronze
Skin of Iron
Skin of Diamond

-Spells of the Elements-

These spells are divided into a number of energy types: Ice, fire, sonic, electricity, and acid. I guess this would need to be listed after each of these spells (I mean what subtype it would be).

Acid Ball (A)
Acid Ball, Greater (A)
Acid Blob (A)
Acid Coat (A)
Acid Rain (A)
Acid Spray (A)
Blizzard (C)
Control Conflagration (F(
Control Flame (F)
Create Acid (A)
Create Fire (F)
Create Ice (C)
Create Lightning (L)
Create Sound (S)
Deafen (S)
Destruction (special)
Destruction, Greater (special)
Destruction, Total (special)
Douse Flame (F)
Elemental Storm (All)
Fireball (F)
Fireball, Greater (F)
Fireball, Explosive (F)
Fireball, Artillery (F)
Freezing Touch (C)
Hailstorm (C)
Ice Bolt (C)
Ice Bolt, Greater (C)
Ice Shards (C)
Icy Surface (C)
Icy Item (C)
Lightning Bolt (E)
Lightning Bolt, Chain (E)
Lightning Bolt, Greater (E)
Mimic Sound (S)
Napalm Burst (F, A)
Paralyzing Arc (E)
Power Device (E)
Shatterclap (S)
Silence (S)
Snowfall (C)
Sonic Blast (S)
Sonic Burst (S)
Sonic Stun (S)
Surge (E)
Surge, Greater (E)
Surge, Painful (E)
Surge Storm (E)
Thunderbolt (E, S)
Ventriloquism (S)
Winter Storm (E, C)
Zone of Silence (S)

Spells of Conjuration

Conjure Creature, Small
Conjure Creature, Medium
Conjure Creature, Large
Conjure Creature, Huge
Conjure Creature, Gargantuan
Conjure Creature, Colossal
Conjure Daemon, Lesser
Conjure Daemon
Conjure Daemon, Greater
Conjure Daemon, Monitoring
Creation, Minor
Creation, Major
Darkness
Daylight
Dimensional Pocket
Disguise
Disguise, Area
Disguise, Greater
Disguise, Mass
Disguise, Mass, Greater
Displacement
Duplicate Image
Fearful Visage
Flare
Homunculus
Light
Light, Blinding
Light, Bright
Light, Dazzling
Light, Hypnotizing
Mage Ear
Mage Eye
Mage Head
Missile
Missile, Greater
Missile, Killer
Missile, Swarm
Phantom Image
Phantom Image, Greater
Phantom Image, Perfect
Repairs, Minor
Repairs, Major
Suggestion
Will-O-Wisp

Spells of Movement

Attract
Balance
Blink
Burst of Speed
Center Gravity
Center Gravity, Mass
Cone of Gravity
Control Wind
Floating Box
Floating Disc
Floating Sphere
Flying Platform
Flying Platform, Fast
Flying Platform, Large
Flying Platform, Maneuverable
Flying Vehicle
Friction
Gravitic Bolt
Gravity Platform
Halt
Hold In Place
Knockback
Levitation Platform
Lighten Object
Lighten Object, Greater
Mage Boat
Mage Mount
Push
Quickness
Quickness, Mass
Rapid Movement
Slow Time
Slowfall
Slowfall, Mass
Sluggishness
Sluggishness, Mass
Stop Time
Telekinesis
Telekinesis, Greater
Teleport
Teleport, Greater
Tread Lightly
Walk on Walls
Walk on Water
Wall of Gravity
Weight of Gravity
Weightless
Wind Gust
Windstorm

Spells of Healing

This school is a very hard school to get. It doesn't really impact the character sheet (the hardness of the school), but I thought I should mention it nonetheless.

Clear Mind
Cure Blindness
Cure Deafness
Cure Disease
Cure Poison
Cure Radiation
Extend Life
Healing, Minor
Healing, Lesser
Healing, Lesser, Mass
Healing, Moderate
Healing, Moderate, Mass
Healing, Greater
Healing, Greater, Mass
Healing, Major
Healing, Total
Loan Life
Monitor Lifesigns
Monitor Lifesigns, Mass
Raise Dead
Regeneration
Regeneration, Greater
Remove Nausea
Remove Fear
Remove Fatigue
Restore Ability
Restore Consciousness
Restore Vitality
Stabilize

Spells of Enhancement

Acrobat
Alertness
Altered Breath
Altered Breath, Greater
Appeal
Appeal, Mass
Clarity
Clarity, Mass
Contortionist
Danger Sense
Darkvision
Darkvision, Mass
Detect Communication
Detect Lie
Detect Metal
Detect Thoughts
Determine Direction
Dreamspeech
Falsehood
Far Speech
Hardiness
Hardiness, Mass
Improved Fortitude
Improved Reflexes
Improved Will
Insight
Insight, Mass
Leaping
Luck
Luck, Greater
Meeting
Might
Might, Mass
Nimble Fingers
Nimbleness
Nimbleness, Mass
Observation
Oration
Oration, Greater
Preparedness
Prescience
Prescience, Greater
Prescience, Mass
Prescience, Mass, Greater
Prowess, Lesser
Prowess
Prowess, Greater
Scan Terrain
Sharp Ears
Sharp Eyes
Skillfulness
Spyspot
Streetwise
Sustenance
Swimming
Translation
Translation, Mass
Voice
Writing

Spells of Creation

Attune to All
Attune to Group
Attune to Individual
Attune to Race
Attune to Self
Enhancement, Automatic Function
Enhancement, Deactivation Switch
Enhancement, Dust Size
Enhancement, Enlarged Battery
Enhancement, Free Action Activation
Enhancement, Hidden Power
Enhancement, Individual Control
Enhancement, Self-Destruct Switch
Enhancement, Single Use
Imbue
Imbue Elixir
Infusion
Infusion, Greater
Powering, Mass
Powering, Self
Powering, Self, Greater
Powering, Will

Thats it for the spells.

[By the way, if I am violating copyright or any other such legal thing then somebody tell me. I will delete the spell listing, if not then have a good day.]

Now onto what should be listed for each spell. Well, that is really up to you but here are some important spell information that might be needed.

Casting Time
Duration
Casting Cost
Maintenace Cost
Magery DC
Chaos Points

Really, the cost (both in casting and maintenace), the magery DC, and the chaos points gained when using this spell are the most important.

My sheet was going to leave vehicles off as I would prefer to use B5W for that. Is this a long listing of enhancements? (I may add a vehicle add-on sheet for ACtA players.)

I don't know if you should leave it off. The pinnace is a major aspect of all techno-mages, one in which they get for free. I really don't think it would take up much room, just give a box with room for some words. Their are only twenty or so enhancements but they are highly important.

NP, I haven't found the Technomage book at a good enough deal yet, but plan on getting it as soon as I can.

You should, and as fast as possible. It is one of the greatest books that Mongoose has done (if you can't tell it, I am a techno-mage supr fan. lol). But in all seriousness, this can wait its not that important though it would be good to have.

I looked at the telepath add-on sheet, wow quiet comprehensive. I even see that you have listed feats. I didn't even include that cause I figured it would be their like it is on a normal character sheet.

Still, you did an awesome job on the telepath and so keep it up.

Mage Ash

Mage Ash said:
Kizarvexis said:

No, a techno-mage still has the main ability scores. The primary and weak aptitudes impact school proficinecy and spell choice (i.e., you usually choose more spells from the primary school and less spells from a secondary school.) Plus, this lists where certain boosts go to spellcasting. That is why I listed the schools, as they need to be listed as weak, standard, or primary aptitudes.

Kizarvexis said:

No, you can generally use spells from all schools. But this tells the player chraracter where his ability lies, and what boosts he gets to spellcasting. (For example, casting a primary aptitude spell might increase damage from 1d4 to 2d4 or something).

So, a school list with three columns of check boxes, Primary, Standard, & Weak, would work then?

Mage Ash said:
Kizarvexis said:

They list the chance a techno-mage can go into a rage like state. If a techno-mage's chaos point total ever equals his wisdom score he goes nuts for a short time and attacks everything he sees with spells, friend and foe.

So just a set of boxes with the current Wisdom score and the current Chaos level?

Mage Ash said:
Kizarvexis said:

There are over 300 spells. They are:
(Snip for space)

Well, 300 spells would probably entail multiple sheets. How many spells can a Technomage use at once and how many can they know? Is it like Wizards who only can use a few per day and only know a dozen or so per level or do Technomages have access to most to all of the spells? If they only get a few, then blank boxes are the order of the day, but if they can use most to all of the spells, then a list like the Telepath list needs to be made.

Mage Ash said:
Now onto what should be listed for each spell. Well, that is really up to you but here are some important spell information that might be needed.

Casting Time
Duration
Casting Cost
Maintenace Cost
Magery DC
Chaos Points

Really, the cost (both in casting and maintenace), the magery DC, and the chaos points gained when using this spell are the most important.

Since all of these items appear to be numbers, then adding them all only makes for 7 items over 5 items and should fit, no problem.

Mage Ash said:
Kizarvexis said:

I don't know if you should leave it off. The pinnace is a major aspect of all techno-mages, one in which they get for free. I really don't think it would take up much room, just give a box with room for some words. Their are only twenty or so enhancements but they are highly important.

Then the Pinnace will need to be added.

Mage Ash said:
Kizarvexis said:

You should, and as fast as possible. It is one of the greatest books that Mongoose has done (if you can't tell it, I am a techno-mage supr fan. lol). But in all seriousness, this can wait its not that important though it would be good to have.

I looked at the telepath add-on sheet, wow quiet comprehensive. I even see that you have listed feats. I didn't even include that cause I figured it would be their like it is on a normal character sheet.

Still, you did an awesome job on the telepath and so keep it up.

Mage Ash

I plan on getting all of the books, but I purchase them as I have funds and when they are a good deal. I was layed off last month, so fun money spending is tight. ;)

Kizarvexis

So, a school list with three columns of check boxes, Primary, Standard, & Weak, would work then?

Yes. Certain feats can modify things so yes, that is perfect.

So just a set of boxes with the current Wisdom score and the current Chaos level?

yes, thats exactly it. It would be like Current Hit Points/Hit Point Total.

Well, 300 spells would probably entail multiple sheets. How many spells can a Technomage use at once and how many can they know? Is it like Wizards who only can use a few per day and only know a dozen or so per level or do Technomages have access to most to all of the spells? If they only get a few, then blank boxes are the order of the day, but if they can use most to all of the spells, then a list like the Telepath list needs to be made.

they are given power points which is based on a stat that they calculate each level. If they have the power points they can use any spell they know, which is also based on a calculation. They are like a spellpoint Sorcer, though they know a lot more spells.

Since all of these items appear to be numbers, then adding them all only makes for 7 items over 5 items and should fit, no problem.

Thats fine. I mean each spell has requirments (not really essential), casting time, range, target, duration, casting cost, maintenance cost, magery DC, saving throw, chaos points. Out of these the ones I listed in my post are the most important in my opinion.

Then the Pinnace will need to be added.

I'm glad that you have seen the light. lol, sorry I just had to do that.

Their is no rush to get the books as they will be their. I am so glad that Mongoose is publishing them cause Bablyon 5 really needs such a sorce of information.

Keep up the good work.

Mage Ash

Ok, more questions.

casting time - I'll try to fit that in because I'm betting not everyone will be able to remember them.

range - Same as casting time.

target - Is this the target of the spell?

duration - Same as casting time.

casting cost & maintenance cost - since the system is based on points, these two are a must.

magery DC - I'm guessing this is the DC to cast the spell.

saving throw - I'm guessing this is the DC to save vs the spell.

chaos points - Since these are accumulated before flipping out, these need to be there.

Kizarvexis

casting time - I'll try to fit that in because I'm betting not everyone will be able to remember them.

range - Same as casting time.

Thats fine.

target - Is this the target of the spell?

Yes exactly, this is the subject of the spell.

duration - Same as casting time.

casting cost & maintenance cost - since the system is based on points, these two are a must.

magery DC - I'm guessing this is the DC to cast the spell.

Yep

saving throw - I'm guessing this is the DC to save vs the spell.

Not all spells have saving throws, but those that do have this.

chaos points - Since these are accumulated before flipping out, these need to be there.

Yes, definitly. This needs to be kept track of. In fact this should be located on the main page that way the player can always see it.

In addition, I wanted to tell you that unlike most skills Magery is not based on only one attribute. It is based on Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma. It is, of course, a class skill.

Even More Questions :)

The first three questions are to determine what order to place the items on the character sheet. They should match up to the order in the book as close as they can.

Ok, so in what order is the School list in the book, please?

Ok, in what order are the casting time, range, duration, casting cost, maintenance cost, magery DC, saving throw, & chaos points listed for the spells, please? (BTW, what are the values for each of the spells so that I can enter it on the sheet? Please e-mail me or private message me on how you want to handle this.)

In what order are any special feats or powers that need to be added for the Technomage, please?

What is the formula for power points?

What info do I need to include for the Pinnace?

Anything else I've missed?

I have part of the sheet done, but I need the info above to continue.

Kizarvexis
b5wars@gmail.com

Kizarvexis said:
I haven't purchased the Technomage book yet, but once I see what a Technomage needs on a character sheet, I'll modify this one I made to fit.

Kizarvexis

I wouldn't just yet.

I was flipping though it hoping that my FLGS was going to give me store credit for the snafu they caused with my checking account. I saw that the Technomages get their "training wheels" (the crystals that are on their spines) from the Shadows??? :shock:

I stopped and put the book down at that point!

scottmage said:
I was flipping though it hoping that my FLGS was going to give me store credit for the snafu they caused with my checking account. I saw that the Technomages get their "training wheels" (the crystals that are on their spines) from the Shadows??? :shock:

I stopped and put the book down at that point!

Not read the Technomage Trilogy I take it? A very good read in the most part building off of jms ideas concerning the story arc he was wanting to persue in Crusade.

The best way to think of it is the Vorlons prepared their weapons (the teeps) and the Shadows theirs; the weapons don't know of this preparation, but sometimes had their own opinions...

That very fact makes them seem more 'human' and recognizable. They came from chaos but realized that only through order could the order survive. Their very act of not fighting but actually leaving so that they could not be used as weapons (season 2 episode Geometry of Shadows) shows that they are not following the path of the Shadows. Also, by the very act of betrayal they have doomed their entire order, cause they can't replicate the tech.

Also, the majority of the order has only recently realized that they were made by the Shadows. A piece of information that caused some to kill themselves. They were made into what they are without their actual knoweldge.

Plus, (and this provides the one piece of actual in-built game balance) the fact that they were built by those on the side of chaos makes them highly suseptible to its pull. They must remain in absolute control at all times, for without that they would slip into chaos and loose their loyalty to order.

To me, the techno-mages are one of the greatest groups established by JMS and put into the babylon saga.

That last post was by me, I didn't realize that I wasn't logged on when I posted. All well.

Ok, so in what order is the School list in the book, please?

The order I listed them, including the spell chart is exactly the same way it comes into the books.

Ok, in what order are the casting time, range, duration, casting cost, maintenance cost, magery DC, saving throw, & chaos points listed for the spells, please? (BTW, what are the values for each of the spells so that I can enter it on the sheet? Please e-mail me or private message me on how you want to handle this.)

add requirements to the top (I didn't list that cause its is an entry filled with many spell names), the rest follow the same I as I posted them.

The next part of the post is going to be difficult for me to achieve. I cannot simply type all the information of the spells. Not only is it alot of spells, information, but it will also take up a lot of time. Time, I am sorry to say, I do not have in that great abundance. I really don't know what we can do about that. Except, why not leave it a really big space with room for a lot of spells. Have the player write each of the spells he knows. That way he can better keep track.

In what order are any special feats or powers that need to be added for the Technomage, please?

I simply don't understand why all these things need to be automatically listed in the character sheet. Why not have the player add them to the sheet whenever he gets them.

What is the formula for power points?

1st level = 10 + 1d6 + Con bonus + Cha bonus

most levels = 1d4 + Cha bonus

5, 10, 15, 20 = 1d4 +3 + Cha bonus*

*This is how it is written on the chart, though I have heard it has been changed. I would not change it personally, as these boosts do not represent that much. Plus it equals milestones in a techno-mage's history.

What info do I need to include for the Pinnace?

Pinnaces have a 40-point power battery and can cast special spells.

Absorption, Burst of Speed, Greater Bust of Speed, Damaging Weapon, Detect Target, Detect Target Greater, Double Shot, Heightened Stealth, Great Heightened Stealth, Lighting Weapon, Savage Weapon, Shield, Sustained Weapon, Wide Angle Shot, Wide angle shot greater.

I will not type the information as its alot and because I don't want people to just look here for information on techno-mages. I want them to go out and buy (as soon as they can) this great great book. Mongoose deserves that for all the great books they have put out for us.

They also have enhancements. These are things once installed are always on.

Efficient shields, greater efficient shields, enlarged battery, enlarged interior, fast reactor, free action spell, gunsight, illusion mantle, greater illusion mantle, improved armor, long range weapons, maneuverability, mobile place of power, powerful engines, precise weapon, stealth coating.

Anything else I've missed?

I forgot to mention that all first level techno-mages take a focus. This choice is how the character does his magic. For example, Galen visulises himself writing computer programs and thus he casts spells mentally.

I don't think their is anything missed. But, as I said before, I can't, in matter of time and efort, just give you all the information on the techno-mages.

Still, I appreciate all that you are doing and hope that my lasts two posts do not turn you off from completing it. Thanks.

I just don't buy it.

In Crusade (the only Season unfortunantly), Galen was EXTREMELY effective against the Drakh. Where the Drakh were servants of the Shadows, I would think that Shadow Tech would have protection against someone using their tech against Shadow Tech....

In Geometry of Shadows (season 2) & A Call to Arms it was quite clear that the Technomages did NOT want their secrets to fall into the hands of the Shadows. It was not the other way around. The Technomage that spoke to Sheridan was very clear (I just watched this one last week) that their Magic must not fall into the wrong hands.

Well as points to consider against your points. similar weapons used differently can be much more effective. 2 F-15s flying against each other for example. The difference is in the pilot.

If the Technomages say wrong hands, they may mean the Shadows, they may mean humans, they may mean anybody. It's not clear, deliberately so I feel.

LBH

Back