Tanker WIP and first Warrior

Doghouse

Mongoose
Here's a shot of the Tanker I'm working on at the moment for a possible bug army.
I'm doing some pretty heavy re-working of the model to make him more upright and a bit more detailed.

Picture048.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture051.jpg

I'm currently re-working the carapace and the underside of the model. I've stuck the legs in position and will be blending them into the torso.
Still got a lot of cleaning up to do just yet blending the GS into the original sculpt. :)

Cheers Rasczek!
It's just a shame that the model needs so much work to assemble, I think I've had this guy sat in a box for about a year or so now (got him when they first came out on an impulse purchase).
After seeing the Ripplers I figured I'd give the bugs another go and started on re-working this guy.
I'm hoping that the new announcement is that the technology is now available to make these guys in styrene as opposed to ABS.
More picutres to follow. :)

This is a really good pose you've chosen. Actually I think it should have been the pose of the original model.

Good work!

Doghouse said:
Cheers Rasczek!
It's just a shame that the model needs so much work to assemble, I think I've had this guy sat in a box for about a year or so now (got him when they first came out on an impulse purchase).
After seeing the Ripplers I figured I'd give the bugs another go and started on re-working this guy.
I'm hoping that the new announcement is that the technology is now available to make these guys in styrene as opposed to ABS.
More picutres to follow. :)

My Son got me my Second one for my Birthday, and I know what I want to do with it now!

Its a much more interesting pose you have achieved, excellent in fact.

Cheers guys. :)
I think the problem with the normal pose is that it's too flat, this pose gives it a bit of height and makes it look more intimidating.
I never thought I'd ever use this model but now I'm tempted to get another one.
I still have to do something with the feet yet though, definately going to have to watch SST again for some inspiration. :)
More pictures asap.

Quick update

Picture054.jpg

Picture056.jpg

I've started to sculpt additional details to the face to bring the model more in line with the original from the film (still got to add those little arms). I've added a basic nozzle for the acid jet on the head and some plates on the sides.
Just started to bulk out the joints where the legs meet the body so that they are more like the film ball and socket versions and strengthening all the leg joints in general.

Keep them and build new ones. Magnificent idea with the pose, my next will get the head up too.

But the creeping variaint, the ususal mini, is not that bad either.

Cheers guys! :)
I think that alot can be said for the Tanker model if you're willing to put in the time and effort.
Hopefully in the far off distant future when PPM rule the earth they'll get around to resculpting the orignal model more like the one in the film.
I've made some more modifications to the model but haven't had the chance to take pictures. I'll try and post some moire shots tomorrow. :)

Richgo22: I think a creeping version of this re-worked version of the Tanker would complement this model well actually. May have to try that after I finished the bulk of my Arachnid force. :)

Thanks guys!

Here's a shot of my first speed painted Warrior (well almost finished) that I'm hoping to have finished along with the Tanker for an Arachnid army for the 30th of september (if my stuff arrives in time that is! :) ).

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Not too much to look at so far but I've still got a whole load of these guys to paint. :)

Back