Swedish ETEF task force.

Kristovich

Mongoose
Well, I've done some background as to how and why the Swedes are fighting in BF: Evo, as part of the ETEF of course. It might get innacurate as I'm somewhat unsure of the fluff yet.

When Nordic natural reserves began to grow low the Swedish government decided that something had to be done. At first deals was made with Norway to secure oil and gas need for Sweden, but after a few years the deals were closed and Sweden once again found themselves in dire need of natural resources, oil mostly.

At this point negoations were made with the ETEF and after another few years it was decided that Sweden would contribute fighting forces along with UN Peackeepers, but only after long considerations as the situation was deemed desperate. In return Sweded would get a share of natural resources the ETEF conquers or otherwise holds. Atfter nine months Sweden decided that, for a total of 80% of all oil and gas reserves they conqured, insted of lending military strenght Sweden decided, for the first time in around 200 years, that they would go to war.

So what did you think?

"we" would kick your arse : PPPP just kidding...

looks good..

but.. where...

thats the question

Kristovich said:
Well, I've done some background as to how and why the Swedes are fighting in BF: Evo, as part of the ETEF of course. It might get innacurate as I'm somewhat unsure of the fluff yet.

When Nordic natural reserves began to grow low the Swedish government decided that something had to be done. At first deals was made with Norway to secure oil and gas need for Sweden, but after a few years the deals were closed and Sweden once again found themselves in dire need of natural resources, oil mostly.

At this point negoations were made with the ETEF and after another few years it was decided that Sweden would contribute fighting forces along with UN Peackeepers, but only after long considerations as the situation was deemed desperate. In return Sweded would get a share of natural resources the ETEF conquers or otherwise holds. Atfter nine months Sweden decided that, for a total of 80% of all oil and gas reserves they conqured, insted of lending military strenght Sweden decided, for the first time in around 200 years, that they would go to war.

So what did you think?
Don't forget the cheeze!

roughneck GIR said:
Kristovich said:

So what did you think?
Don't forget the cheeze!

lmao! : P

Cheeze? What's with that?

As much as I like jokes it would be good with some constructive crit as well though.

But I still don't get what you meant with cheeze...

Neutral Doctrine... Even if it is somewhat nerfed by our inclution in the military branch of EU, it is still something that will hang around for abit. Unless Putin starts looking abit too much west for our collective comfort.

The Invasion defence doctrines of the cold war are long gone and the Swedish forces are now trained in offence and not defence (Barring "Nationella Insatsstyrkan" who still are trained to take and hold strategical sites and resources within Sweden's borders).

Our mechanized/panzer brigades have little to none defencive capabilities in a modern battlefield (stationary/patrolling tanks, APCs and AFVs are dead meat today with smartshatterbombs [multiple semiguided bombs] droped from high orbit), but can execute sledgehammer hits to anything if it has airial support.

Hunter (special forces) regiments of various flavours are something else. Attack diver / "Kustjägar" Coastal Hunter (think SEAL) are our counter offence asset. They infiltrate behind enemy lines and disrupts advance, logistics and command. "Fallskärmsjägar" Paratroopers (Think fallshirmsjäger)... "Fjälljägar" Arctic special forces... (Or: "Snow sure can hide alot of hurt")

Then we have the stealth compartment, but I am not allowed to talk much about it. ;)

(Besides the stealth submarine and stealth corvette that is... I think.. )

Well, I didn't know about the stealth department, but that's why it's called stealth I'd guess.

Not sure I got what you meant with the rest of it... think you could clarify it a little? I would aprreciate it.

Kristovich said:
Well, I didn't know about the stealth department, but that's why it's called stealth I'd guess.

Not sure I got what you meant with the rest of it... think you could clarify it a little? I would aprreciate it.

Brainstorm, am at work and pretty much bored to death...

I'll see if I could get my hands on some sort of webpage in english that explain the forces in Sweden today and the direction they are heading in the foreseeable future...

Kristovich said:
Cheeze? What's with that?

As much as I like jokes it would be good with some constructive crit as well though.

But I still don't get what you meant with cheeze...
Sorry, don't you get it? (Or maybe its the fact its more of a canadian joke) :)

Have fun with your swedish force, I've got the info and online stores(except for the BFE british troops)

See yah

Sikil said:
Hunter (special forces) regiments of various flavours are something else. Attack diver / "Kustjägar" Coastal Hunter (think SEAL) are our counter offence asset. They infiltrate behind enemy lines and disrupts advance, logistics and command. "Fallskärmsjägar" Paratroopers (Think fallshirmsjäger)... "Fjälljägar" Arctic special forces... (Or: "Snow sure can hide alot of hurt")

Jägare = Ranger. Hunter is not in the military..

Anyway, our airforce is not half bad, JAS is still the most advanced air combat platform in europe (with only Raptor beating it in the world). Thank Ericsson for that.. ;)

Kristovich said:
I just get the mental picture of a cheese :lol:

Well have fun with your assuies as well GIR!
Me too :lol: , once I get the funds I'll get me aussies, good luck to you too :D

I'll probably get some fluff up soon :)

Back