• paranoia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • macho women with guns

• OGL

• Total voters
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is worth pointing out but we already know which of our games are the most popular, by how many you chaps buy - and the poll ain't even close :)

You mean Macho Women with Guns is enjoyed by two people? No I'm kidding.

All in all, that sounds right. The poll here is just what the people that show up here (probably far too often for the ones that don't work for the company) think about the game lines. I've always taken it as what the people here think about it.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is worth pointing out but we already know which of our games are the most popular, by how many you chaps buy - and the poll ain't even close :)

I don't suppose thats info you could share, even in a general way?

sales are and always will be commerical secrets so polls like this are a way of finding out also for example lone wolf compared to conan and bab5 have had very little publish but knowing that there is alot of buyers out there could hopefully mean more releases.

msprange said:
Hi guys,

See I know he can't say it but I reckon this means that B5 is the best!

8)

LBH

It may also vary rather alot depending on whether you measure it by core books sold, or by total revenue from teh line including supplements.

It would be v. interesting to see the ranking by units sold (no numbers, just the ranking) of the core rulebooks, perhaps with a note indicating if the difference in ranks is close or there is a huge gap anywhere.

lastbesthope said:
See I know he can't say it but I reckon this means that B5 is the best!

Hmmm...

Let's try a little dumb forecast. Just to give it a try...:wink:
I think that Conan (core rulebook only) has sold 50'000 copies.
My guess is that B5 is probably around 20'000...
and Lone Wolf around 5'000...

Of course, I'm quite certainly completely wrong but who knows! :roll:

More seriously, I've found somewhere this interesting number: 150'000 copies of Paranoia XP PDF version sold? Amazing!
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1937 :shock:

I can personally attest to the B5 line being the largest seller at DancingDryad.com, and thats across the board - not just Mongoose (and no I'm not counting individual ACTA Starfury and T-Bolt packs, I'm talking total sales in £)
Of course, theres a lot more B5 products that most of the other lines... :)

lastbesthope said:
B5 would have sold more copies if the first 3 prints hadn't been destroyed before completion, and the 4th disappeared just shortly after it went for distribution. So the 5th print run had less money spent on it and so was the smallest of all 5.

:lol:

LBH

:lol: Brilliant!

lastbesthope said:
columbob said:
You mean those prints were destroyed before being published? Wow, those would be very bad news for any product.

Noone else spotted my post above columbob's as a very in reference joke then?

Ah well, my mind is obviously too highly trained!

8)

LBH

I did. From a mile away. Was very obvious. 8)

mthomason said:
I can personally attest to the B5 line being the largest seller at DancingDryad.com, and thats across the board - not just Mongoose (and no I'm not counting individual ACTA Starfury and T-Bolt packs, I'm talking total sales in £)
Of course, theres a lot more B5 products that most of the other lines... :)

Does that differentiate between the B5 wargame and B5 RPG?

Otherwise, it would be akin to stating that Warhammer FRP was the greatest selling RPG of all time based on Warhammer Fantasy Battle sales...

Ra said:
lastbesthope said:
B5 would have sold more copies if the first 3 prints hadn't been destroyed before completion, and the 4th disappeared just shortly after it went for distribution. So the 5th print run had less money spent on it and so was the smallest of all 5.

:lol:

LBH

:lol: Brilliant!

Glad you liked it, glad you got it.

I had the same stunt pulled on me about a fan filk CD based on B5. It was called "Songs from Down Below volume 5". done by the Edinburgh ALliance (B5 fan club). i asked the guy in all earnestness, why Volume 5, what happened to 1 thru 4?" he replied pretty much as I did above and I took it at face value. 2 years later I realised! D'oh!

Heh, I was young and at my first con (therefore v tired and doped up on caffeine)

LBH

Back