Summarized errata to the books and mini-adventures

In the mini-adventure of book 10, Daziarn is always spelled Dazairn for some unknown reason. It is spelled correctly in section 350 of the main adventure though...

Just discovered that the is now a currency size problem in the books. :(

In Book 9 and 10, the game rules clearly says that 1 Lune takes the same space 1 Gold Crown when you have them in your Belt Pouch.

However, the books often tell another story. For instance the rewards received from Count Counundrum (Book 8, 16 and 59) clearly says that 4 Lune takes up the same space as 1 Gold Crown.

Coins taking up the same space regardless of currency type (at least for Lune - Crown) is a very clear rule change, since this was clearly not the case in the previous edition.

What is the reason for this change?

Some (fairly minor) typos I spotted in the new version of Flight From the Dark: -

1) Section 5: 'Then you pull the rope taught and draw the book back until it lodges firmly between two of the wooden palings.' (taut)
2) Section 220: 'The vast chamber is is eerily empty and quiet, save for the feint noises of battle...' (faint)
3) Section 384: 'You descend a broad staircase which leads to an anti-chamber.' (antechamber)

AguilaSaber said:
In Book 9 and 10, the game rules clearly says that 1 Lune takes the same space 1 Gold Crown when you have them in your Belt Pouch.

However, the books often tell another story. For instance the rewards received from Count Counundrum (Book 8, 16 and 59) clearly says that 4 Lune takes up the same space as 1 Gold Crown.

Coins taking up the same space regardless of currency type (at least for Lune - Crown) is a very clear rule change, since this was clearly not the case in the previous edition.

What is the reason for this change?

Count Counundrum - 20 Lune 1st riddle, 40 Lune 2nd riddle... hmm my Belt Pouch is full and I have 10 Lune I cannot carry, not to mention the Gold Crowns I have to leave behind. Not even 13 Gold Crowns worth. Surely this isn't what Joe intended.

50 Coins rather than 50 Crowns or equivalent in your Belt Pouch seems more logical but this problem will get worse with currencies such as Kika and Ren where 10 = 1 Gold Crown. A full Belt Pouch of these would mean you only had 5 Gold Crowns worth! :roll:

I'll stick with 4 Lune = 1 Gold Crown space. It's like having a "4 Lune Coin" or "10 Kika Coin" the same size, etc. as a Gold Crown

Another small glitch noted in The Dungeons of Torgar:

Action Chart permits only 6 Magnakai disciplines. Completion of all previous Magnakai adventures (book 6-9) should allow the reader to choose 7 Magnakai disciplines.

Having just received my copy of Book 4 yesterday, I can report that the equipment section has been added.

Sadly the other errors are still present: - Wrong mini adventure action chart, 241 still goes to 309 instead of 343. 129 still contains the skill Huntmastery instead of Hunting.

In the original post, it says that
Section #349 should be reversed to old edition text. ( To prevent ressurrecting border rangers when coming from from #32, #129 or #157)
I assume that should be section 309?

Addition: - While reading Book 5 Part 2, the numbers that are usually in the top corners are on the spine side of the page. Which is suprisingly annoying as they are next to useless there.

GladysPool said:
In the original post, it says that
Section #349 should be reversed to old edition text. ( To prevent ressurrecting border rangers when coming from from #32, #129 or #157)
I assume that should be section 309?

Addition: - While reading Book 5 Part 2, the numbers that are usually in the top corners are on the spine side of the page. Which is suprisingly annoying as they are next to useless there.

Yes. Will update to 309.

Hmmm... yes... they are on the wrong side. Will add that as well.

Mini-adventure book 8.

Link from 80 to 60 should go to 149. Also either 60 or 149 should mention something about Lady Varlis managing to destroy the laboratory before she dies.

Link from 121 to 60 should probably go to 80.

Rules section
Limitation for how often/how many times Penetrate can be used in the adventure is missing.

AguilaSaber said:
Mini-adventure in book #7.

Link from section 110 to 48 is not correct.

Link from section 92 to 26 is not correct. Correct link is likely 90.

I believe that the link from 110 should point to 113. (This seems to be the only way of encountering the maggot monster.)

Book 8 Missing Mini-adventure references. Apologies if this appears elsewhere but I can't find it. I believe Mongoose have replaced mega-deal, etc. customer's versions where the mini adventure sections 151 & 152 are missing but should anyone have it missing, the text is as follows.

'You!' The admonition is uttered by the Captain of the Hikasian guards. He is the same man who arrested you earlier. He shouts an order to his comrades and quickly they move to surround you both.

'How did you escape?' demands the Captain.

'Look at this,' you reply. 'It will explain everything.'

You open the Dark Ledger and show it to the Guard Captain.

'Here is a log of all the crimes and dark deeds perpetrated by agents of the Darklords of Helgedad, here, in your city. I am a loyal Vakeros and my mission here is to put an end to these insidious crimes. By the authority vested in me by the Elder Magi, I command you to assist me and my Kai companion with the enactment of our duty.'

Winter's Song is impressed by your quick thinking and effective elocution.

The guards regard you nervously as their Captain leafs through the ledger. After reading a few pages, he hands it back to you and gives you a salute.

'Stand down men,' he orders. The encircling guards breathe a collective sigh of relief and lower their weapons.

'Master Vakeros, I suggest you and your Kai companion follow me. I will take you to the hall of the City Council. They must see this ledger at once.'

You thank the Captain and return is salute. Then you and Winter's Song follow as he leads you swiftly through the city streets to the Council Hall.

Turn to 85

It takes you only a couple of minutes to unshackle the miners. Once freed, they gather around you in a close circle.

'Here,' one whispers, and he presses something into your hand. 'Take this. We stole it from the overseer yesterday when he wasn't looking.'

You look down and see that it is a Talisman. Its polished surface gleams softly in the dim light. (If you wish to keep this item, be sure to record it on your Action Chart)

'We know a way to get out of here. You are welcome to join us, if you wish,' another says.

'Make your escape, all of you. Do not delay. You are in great damger if you remain here any longer,' you reply. 'But I will not be joining you, although I am grateful for your offer. I have some unfinished business I must attend to.'

The freed miners thank you once more and then they leave by way of the tunnel along which you entered this area. When the last of their number can no longer be seen, you turn to the east and continue on your way.

Turn to 115

(Tried to copy it exactly - shouldn't "demands" be "Demands"? It follows a question mark.)

As I understand it, 'demands' doesn't need to be capitalised in 151. The whole sentence consists of the question plus the detail of the person asking it, so the punctuation within the speech marks does not affect the word that follows them.

Book 12.

The Curing Archmaster text.

It still says it is usuable if your COMBAT skill is reduced to 6 points or less.

This COMBAT SKILL should be ENDURANCE since a character does not lose COMBAT SKILL points during combat.

Finally got around to Collector's Edition Book 12 to discover yet another mistake! Section 322 should lead to 297, not 97! (Had to check my original copy which is correct; hate it when a simple cut-and-paste should have caught this!).

Bonus adventure of Book 11, section 39. It says (after you have picked a random number):

"If it is 3-6, turn to 199."

But alas, there are only 150 paragraphs in this adventure. The correct entry seems to be 138.

AguilaSaber said:
Book 12.

The Curing Archmaster text.

It still says it is usuable if your COMBAT skill is reduced to 6 points or less.

This COMBAT SKILL should be ENDURANCE since a character does not lose COMBAT SKILL points during combat.

This bug is in Book 13 as well, in the description of Deliverance (Advanced Curing).

Book 13.

Weaponslist (charts).
Lists Weaponskill for +2 CS.

Special Item list:
Silver Helmet of Duadon

Wrong. This should be for the bow only, listed further down.

Equipment:
First sentence is wrong.
... Kai Monastery Toran ...

Last section in Discilines section.

Surely, you can carry over Gold and Backpack items as well.

Section 49. (Spelling)
... the source is distant ...

Mini-adventure in Book 6:

The section # 91 tells you to turn to section # 168.

In section 91 you are riding towards Taunor Castle (on your way back to Varetta). In section 168 you are hitching your horse and knocking on the door at the Halfway Inn (still on your way back to Varetta). Was this an intentional transition that skips Taunor Castle or an error in section #?

Thanks.

Book 8, back cover:

Says "Warlord Zargon" but should read "Warlord Zegron"

Last paragraph on back cover ends with: "each episode can be played separately or you can combine" and the rest is cut off.

Back