Summarized errata to the books and mini-adventures

Section 156... ? That's the largest min-adventure as of yet.

I don't think you will be able to get confirmation quite yet, because
I haven't seen any reports of book #6 actually being received by someone. Should only be a few days now.

Perfectionism in writing books is something all writers strive for, but in my experience there is no such thing as a perfect book.

I will update the errata section when I get my copy of the book.

KaiLord said:
Adding my own oversight in mini-adventure links in book 6. I apologize for not triple-checking the story links.

I must say, the humility I feel over these two small errors makes me have a much greater appreciation for the exasperation of Mongoose trying their best to make sure everything works, only to have something slip by and get published erroneously.

Just read your mini-adventure (in fact before I even read the LW story), I think it is great. I understand your feelings on mistakes but I have to say I thought it was truly great, worthy of Joe himself. I'm glad I didn't read your post first because I chose Spell(Counter) but didn't get a chance to use it. My favourite Lone Wolf aspects are acquiring/buying equipment, re-visiting places and the skill choice dilemma - your adventure had all three! I don't have Prophecy or Divination but I have no doubt that when all the mini adventures are published yours will be amoung the best, for me anyway. At least I can now understand why I haven't been picked to write an adventure. :oops:

New bugs for Lone Wolf #7.

Bow is not listed under Weaponmastery. (As for Lone Wolf 6)

The Improved Disciplines section is missing.

The initial section in the Equipment section, really, really should have been as in the previous Books. You did not take a Map of Elzian with you before leaving Sommerlund for the Lorestone of Varetta.

Adding these bugs and crymson's to page 1.

Mini-adventure in book #7.

Link from section 110 to 48 is not correct.

Link from section 92 to 26 is not correct. Correct link is likely 90.

AguilaSaber said:
New bugs for Lone Wolf #7.

Bow is not listed under Weaponmastery. (As for Lone Wolf 6)

The Improved Disciplines section is missing.

The initial section in the Equipment section, really, really should have been as in the previous Books. You did not take a Map of Elzian with you before leaving Sommerlund for the Lorestone of Varetta.

Adding these bugs and crymson's to page 1.

Literally just got Bk 7.
The equipment is very different. I haven't read it yet but how can you have a lantern (e.g. 107) if you don't get it at start? I don't remember any earlier opportunity to get one.

Red Fox 5 Items: Sword, Bow, Quiver, Rope, Laumspur, LANTERN, Mace, 3 Meals, Dagger, 3 FIRESEEDS.

Mongoose 5 Items: Sword, Laumspur, WARHAMMER, Bow, Quiver, 4 SPECIAL RATIONS, QUARTERSTAFF, PADDED LEATHER WAISTCOAT +2EP, Rope, Dagger, TINDERBOX, AXE.

Just twigged it! It's all Book 6: No Bow in Weaponmastery again, same Equipment, map name only alteration, and missing Skill Improvements exactly same description as in Kingdoms of Terror.

At least they got the right Lorestone name under Magnakai Wisdom.

For Mongoose and the Kai!

In the blurb on the back of book 7: Will you find this key or will you, like all who have entered before you, succumb to the terrot that stalks the dungeons of this nightmare fortress.

Terrot really exist:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrot

So, there're evil motorcycles in Castle Death? :lol:

EDIT: BTW, the spread-sheet in the mini-adventure of book 4 has been corrected in my edition.

Book 6: On the Action Chart, at the bottom of the Weapons List, it is written: "If combat entered holding Weapon and appropriate Weaponskill +2CS". Shouldn't it be now that we are in the Magnakai series: "Weaponmastery +3CS"?

From a few notes I made while my computer was down:

Book 4, section 328, inappropriate use of the word lay (dead bodies lay strewn across the something or other). The word should be lie.

Book 5, section 2, the word the is missing (at the end of the room).

I'm paraphrasing ever so slightly but I found the missing the stood out a bit.

There was another incorrect lie/lay grammatical issue in the new book 1 (I can dig out my old reports of that along with a few others but I think it's mostly been fixed by now).

Books 4 and 5 with no equipment section and book 7 with the same equipment as book 6. Furthermore, the errata they published for book 4 also contains the book 6 equipment section.

Conclusion : they really have some problems with the equipment in each book!

Hope this will not be the case anymore.

Since it seems there will be no errata published may as well continue this thread..

The reference to 'safe-keeping' is missing from the Equipment section of book 5.

(BTW: The Equipment sections of the books with 'missing equipment sections' are not really missing. What they miss is a equipment list to choose from. It seems they are copy pasted from book 1.. which makes them rather useless, admittedly.)

Today I received my copy of Book 4, and noticed that in the mini-adventure, D'Vals action chart is actually Loi-Kymar's from the Book 3 mini adventure (6 Slot herb pouch, additional object slot, CS and END scores, that's it). In the combat record on the chart, it even says Loi-Kymar vs Enemy.

Mini-adventure book 9.

Sogh has a combat action chart part (but no combat skill) and is missing a Fortune section of his action chart for his Fortune score.

Man, I really hate finding errors and such, especially this one, as the book has been reprinted already because of an error.

Book 8, Jungle of Horrors, Paragraph 260

Choices:
If you have a meal in your backpack, turn to 34
If you have neither a meal nor the Magnakai discipline of Psi-Surge, you must stand and fight the creature (turn to 5)

There's a missing option, which should read:

If you have the Magnakai discipline of Psi-Surge, turn to 250.

250 is there, and is correct.

The weaponlist for Weaponmastery in disciplines section is still incorrect in books 8, 9 and 10.

Hmmm... Can we get a corrected version of this in the remaining books?

Sword is listed twice and Bow is not listed.

Also, book 9 section, 145 has the wrong currency rate.

It says 12 Lunes is 4 Gold Crowns.

Unless Guyuk's tavern has a special exchange rate this should be 3 Gold Crowns. 1 Gold Crown = 4 Lune. This is not a new error. Same bug is present in the Red Fox edition.

Back