Strontium Dog

Gregster

Mongoose
I think this would have great potential for an RPG. Witha bit of work, the SD world could be just as lfull and varied as Dredds world. Also, I'd love to see how the rules would cope with mutation generation :twisted:

Gregster said:
I think this would have great potential for an RPG. Witha bit of work, the SD world could be just as lfull and varied as Dredds world. Also, I'd love to see how the rules would cope with mutation generation :twisted:

Hey Gregster

I had a 3 page Topic here about a Strontium Dog RPG. Unfortunately, it seems to have been a victim of the large culling of topics by the Mongoose mods, I can only assume to save space.

I agree that an SD game would be awesome. Infinite galaxy to explore, interact with, apprehend people in, and shoot big guns at!

Sam

Ah - back when i was in school, I made my own SD RPG - worked really well - had a great mutation creation system, and playing a Stront allowed a lot more freedom than playing a Judge did - lots of fun ways to try and track down their quarry!

Sadly, it got binned somewhere along the line - damnit!

Dobey Kweeg said:
Ah - back when i was in school, I made my own SD RPG - worked really well - had a great mutation creation system, and playing a Stront allowed a lot more freedom than playing a Judge did - lots of fun ways to try and track down their quarry!

Sadly, it got binned somewhere along the line - damnit!

I too had a copy of some rules originally proposed as a follow up to the Games Workshop of the Judge Dredd game. Played huge campaigns with that system, some of my favourite gaming memories come from those Stronty Dog games. Still have the rules at home.

Sam

I agree - SD is perfect for a game. Great scope for character creation; a wide variety of adventure opportunities and the focus of the SD world raises issues that are relevant in today's society (not meaning to get all political there).

And, of course, Johny Alpha, Middenface, et al would make for some excellent famous NPCs - or even PCs.

The fact that the Stronty Dog world is the future of Dredd's World is going to lean it towards a d20 system. Given that Johny Alpha has travelled back in time to chase fugitives before, the potential for a crossover is also obvious, which means it would make a lot more sense to use the same system (including updated d20 rules for 2000AD styled combat).

I'm not a fan of the d20 system myself, but if they produced a Strontium Dog d20 game on top of the Dredd one, I'd find it hard to ignore.

Oaky, as this is at least the second thread for this I don't know if this has been said before. Strontium Dogs is the 'Noon' of an Earth timeline which is in three stages:
Stage 1 - 'Dawn', Judge Dredd
Stage 2 - 'Noon', Strontium Dogs
Stage 3 - 'Twilight', Durham Red

Each is interlinked with the other to form a major continuity across ten's of thousands of years, but time travel is rare in all three. I think it is mainly used by the SD organisation and some of the criminals they hunt down. However, there may be a slight problem with Strontium Dogs and Durham Red. Both have novels currently being publised by Black Industries so the actual RPG rites may be tied up there or still with the publishers of 2000AD.

Would work well on the Gangs of Mega-City 1 framework. Have one Stront. player vs. a Gang player. And occasionally do a Stront vs. Stront or a Big Bounty scenario where 2 or more Stronts fight somthing big/tough. Tons of cool S.D. gear to be had as well!!! :D :D :D If you 'Goosers do anything with this I'll go banannas!

Matt seems to be implying that Mongoose have plans for A Strontium Dog game in the "SpaceQuest. What's Coming?" thread over on the RQ board...

Back