State of the Mongoose 2006 - RPGs

Thanks for the annual post Matt - can't wait for the Conan re-launch! Congrats on another fine year for Mongoose - success doesn't just happen and you and your crew deserve the kudos :!:

Masterporg said:
Matt,

I know you have stated that Conan will not be changing to Runequest, but is the Hyborian Adventures core book still on the list for 2007?

I want to know this as well. I had planned to buy the Lankhmar, Nehwhon and Hyboria books for Runequest.

Glorantha? I'll never spend a penny on that.
Eternal Champion? Doesn't interest me at all.

Runequest is perfect for real old-school sword and sorcery. Let's have it.

Im keen on any none Gloranthan product....sorry true believers.....had read that the conan sourcebook was already written...so was i dreaming...that lotus is potent stuff!

Still 2007 sure looks promising

Dead Blue Clown said:
toothill man said:
now that is just fighting dirty :D thank you matt you make a old slaine head very happy :D

Hey, dude. I know who you are by virtue of occasionally lurking around the Slaine forum. As for me? I'm just a Mysterious Stranger.

Actually...

msprange said:
We also have some new recruits. Aaron Dembski-Bowden joined our writing team...

...that's me.

If I get my way - and a slot in my schedule long enough to do it - I'd freak out at the chance to do new Slaine materials, whether it was for d20 or RuneQuest. Matt and the other folks at Mongoose Towers know it, since it's part of my periodic emails to High Command with "...About Slaine..." in the title.

Just so you know. : )

a slaine head in the company christmas has come early :D 8) 8) well done with your new job and good luck with anything with slaine in the title :wink:

msprange said:
Conan
... and there will be one grand campaign for Conan every year after 2007, as well as the usual smaller scenarios. Big things will be happening in Hyboria, and your players will be at the centre of it all!
I love big campaigns. 8)

I'm excited about the conan relaunch as well! Didn't really get into it the first time around since other systems were demanding my attention. Well those systems have by and large fallen by the wayside, and I'm ready for something new!

My first D&D campaign was set in the Hyborian world. This will be a full circle return for me!

Not sure if they're currently available or not, but big, wall-sized campaign maps of the hyborian world would be greatly appreciated!!!

msprange said:
On the other hand, development is about to begin on SpaceQuest, a set of science fiction rules based on RuneQuest, and a number of settings will be appearing to support this as well. Both Judge Dredd and Strontium Dogs have been mooted as possibilities but, as yet, nothing has been confirmed.

At last, the possibility of a Strontium Dog game!

Such a wide and varied universe as appears in the Strontium Dog strip has got to be utilised in some way. Lets hope it changes from 'possibility' to 'reality'.

Cheers
Sam

Samvail1 said:
msprange said:
On the other hand, development is about to begin on SpaceQuest, a set of science fiction rules based on RuneQuest, and a number of settings will be appearing to support this as well. Both Judge Dredd and Strontium Dogs have been mooted as possibilities but, as yet, nothing has been confirmed.

At last, the possibility of a Strontium Dog game!

Such a wide and varied universe as appears in the Strontium Dog strip has got to be utilised in some way. Lets hope it changes from 'possibility' to 'reality'.

Cheers
Sam

Buit what about the ABC warriors, Nemesis and Rogue Trooper?

Neo said:
But what about the ABC warriors, Nemesis and Rogue Trooper?

Ah, so once the SpaceQuest rules are available, maybe little plug-in modules covering the additional rules for playing the diverse characters within 2000AD pantheon. Even just pdf modules to save on production costs.

If that works, then it could be opened up to a whole range of characters and milieu. Characters such as Flash Gordon or Kirk/Picard.

Possibilities are endless, the future is closer than you think ...

Sam

Sounds like some neat stuff in the pipe.

Moment of honesty here. I live in the US. I have always been a big fan of Mongoose, and have a god-awful lot of thier products. Honestly, though I don't buy that much any more.

The biggest reason is the change in format from 128 page softcovers for 24.95 to 96 page harcovers for 24.95. I like hardcovers big 35 - 50 dollar hardcovers packed with information. I find that I am missing the material for my 25 bucks. 96 pages is just pretty thin for me. I would rather have more material.

I think the last Mongoose supplement I purchased was Stygia - which i loved. But in looking at the catalogue, all i see are books coming out in this new format.

I buy the books for ideas and stuff, and there is rarely enough in 96 pages.

I am not trying to start a flame war, because I repeat: I love Mongoose's stuff. Just trying to be honest and offer some constructive criticism and comment on one of the reasons why i have stopped purchasing.

Looking forward to the B5 novels!

Thanks,

Razuur

I second the request for some information on future SST releases (even if the answer is 'not next year, maybe the year after').

So far, the silence h as been deafening. End our pain Matt!

Im keen on any none Gloranthan product....sorry true believers.....had read that the conan sourcebook was already written...so was i dreaming...that lotus is potent stuff!

It's weird, I am an old RQ/Glorantha diehard and I like enought what I've seen of MRQ in Glorantha to want to play it, but MRQ is also the first edition which makes me been keen to take RQ out of the big G and do something else with it too!

Back