ST 2500 Custom Decals

scoutdad

Mongoose
Ok, I think we finally got everything figured out between Will and myself and Mongoose / ADB, so let's try this again:

Tenneshington Decals is pleased to announce that we are now taking orders for custom Starline 2500 miniatures. We are currently only taking orders for the United Federation of Planets miniatures, but decals for Starline 2400 series Federation miniatures will be coming online sometime during the first quarter of 2012. The decals for the other empires are expected to follow soon after the Starline 2400 Federation decals arrive.

The Starline 2500 custom decals can be ordered in Fleet Box sheets, Squadron Box sheets, or even as individual sheets to match the blister packages of individual miniatures. This should allow you to customize your entire fleet with very little effort.

All of Tenneshington's decals are printed on clear, water-slide decal paper in high-resolution graphics. As an added bonus, every one of our decal sheets contains two copies of each decal (just in case you damage a decal during application - NO WAITING for a replacement decal to arrive!). Each ship has the appropriate NCC number, hull name, warp engine pennants, as well as various bonus decals (access hatches, extra windows, sensors, even landing gears for the oCL!)

The Federation Fleet Box sheet will contain a complete set of custom names/hull numbers for all 16 ships in The Federation Fleet Box, as well as a special set of decals for the 6 shuttles in the fleet box. The cost for this item will be $35 per Fleet Box Sheet.

The Federation Squadron Box sheet will contain custom names/hull numbers for the 5 ships in the Federation Squadron Box. The cost of this item will be $20 per Squadron Box sheet.
In addition, decals can be ordered for individual ships for use on miniatures purchased in blister packs. The individual decals sheets may also be purchased at a cost of $5 per sheet or 5 sheets for $20.
The custom order form can be downloaded from the Tenneshington Decals website: http://www.tenneshington.com. Once completed, simply return it to us at orders@tenneshington.com.

Custom decal sheets will take 10 to 14 days to lay-out and print, and will be shipped within 48 hours of being printed. Reprints of previously ordered sheets (yes, even sheets somebody else ordered) will be printed and shipped within 48 hours of being ordered. When placing your order, please specify if you're interested in ordering a re-print of a previously ordered sheet (see the website for a list of these and the ship names on each).

Questions can be directed to scoutdad@tenneshington.com or will@tenneshington.com.

A couple of caveats to the above announcement:

1) Currently, only Federaiton Squadron Box decals can be ordered.
We are awaiting the arrival of a Fleet Box of Federation miniatures to test fit the final run of declas to the actual miniatures. We'd rather have the problems resolved on our end before they get to you. Orders for Fleet Boxes can be placed, and layout of the confirmed ships will begin upon ordering, but final printing will not begin until minis arrive. A follow-up announcement will be made.

2) The orders@tenneshington.com address is not working yet, so unitl the follow-up announcement is made, contact me at the address in my profile. or PM either Will or myself.

3) a quick email request for the order form can be sent to either of us.

We can do the names from the Offiicial List, just fill out hte order form with the names you want and give us time to put the sheet together.
Squadron Box sheets will begin printing on 12/27/12.

scoutdad said:
The custom order form can be downloaded from the Tenneshington Decals website: http://www.tenneshington.com. Once completed, simply return it to us at orders@tenneshington.com.

I went to then website, all it says is coming soon?

website should be up and running by 11/26.
Shoot an emial to the address i my profile and I'll answer any questions or shoot you a copy of the order form.

scoutdad said:
website should be up and running by 11/26.
Shoot an emial to the address i my profile and I'll answer any questions or shoot you a copy of the order form.

I'll bet you meant 12/26...... :twisted:

Nah. We plan to use a top-secret, hieroglyphic inscribed ring; a surplus nuclear reactor; and a conveniently occuring solar flare to skip back and upload it before we actually got it done.

The website is currently in-work (literally; I just took a break from working on it). The emails work, as of 1:00 this morning and a bare-bones update to the website with links to the order form and the emails will be up within the hour.

A more elaborate website is definitely in the plans, but getting the decal art checked, locked down, and printing started on our first orders is priority number one.

Thanks for your patience while we spool this machine up.

Will McCammon (djdood)

I would be interested in some Mirror universe decals once I get my fleet box. Just letting you know so if you run out of decals to design you can head that direction.

I shall sit patienly awaiting some Romulan ones, which thankfully you have already done in the future and are just planning on popping to the past to retrospectievly make available last week....

FEderation decals are easy as they can be printed on clear decal paper and then placed over a white or light grey base coat with no lose of clarity.

The Klignons, Romulans, and other empires are a bit more difficult.
If you print on clear paper and then affix to a dark grey Klignon, all you get are darker splotches. The vibrantly colored, Romulan birds can also be printed on the same clear paper. But when these are then placed on an off-white base color, they look dull and washed out.

In order to print these decals properly, one needs a printer capable of printing a white ink onto the clear paper before following up with the colored inks. This is the sticking point. The best printer for this is no longer available in the US. Several used ones are listed on ebay, but almost everyone has a notice stating that returns of defective / non-working merchandise are not accepted. If the seller is going to enough trouble to indicate this, I am not taking a chance on spending $500 to $700 for a printer that may not work. Instead, Will and I are funneling the profits from the Fed decals back into upgrading the equipment. Within a few months, we will purchase a new printer from the Japanese manufacturer.

Once that is done, it should be a simple matter to get the other empires up and running. Most of their decals do not require nearly the effort to lay-out as the compound complex curves associated with the Federation fleet.

May I ask a small favor. Can you post a pic of one of the new models with said trasfer on them.. I know this may have to wait a bit, so you can get a hold of a model, but i think it would help some of the folks who are on the fence about getting them..

As for me i'll proably order 2 sets of fleet trasnfers once they become available, and I get my models. :D

LimeyDragon said:
May I ask a small favor. Can you post a pic of one of the new models with said trasfer on them.. I know this may have to wait a bit, so you can get a hold of a model, but i think it would help some of the folks who are on the fence about getting them..

As for me i'll proably order 2 sets of fleet trasnfers once they become available, and I get my models. :D

Most of the Starline 2500, Federation miniatures posted on the ADB site were done by me and included my decals, as did a lot of the Facebook photos. There are also some on Photobucket
The thing to remember is that these were the quick and dirty decals designed to get the mini painted and photoed in time for the ACTA rulebook.
The production version of these minis includes some additional features:
Windows (both lighted and unlighted) for those who choose not to paint the molded in windows.
Access hatches and panels (to break up the monotonous flat panels found on some of the minis).
War circles (avaialble for all ships, for those who like them)
Sensor/scanner panel decals
And best of all, there are two complete copies fo every decal needed. That way, if you mess one up; you've got a spare!

Tony L. Thomasd
Battlegroup Murfreesboro
Tenneshimgton Decals

LimeyDragon said:
...transfers once they become available...

Just to be crystal-clear, the product that Tony and I produce are water-slide decals, not dry-rub transfers. Woe be to the modeler that tries to burnish down one of our decals, or tries to dunk a dry transfer marking in water.

Also to clarify the above, the Federation Squadron Box decal set includes bonus blocks of windows in the open "whitespace" that can be cut up and used as-desired. There are also extra hatches/sensors on various sheets, also to be used if/as-desired.

No i think everyone should try to burnish a complete set of decals.
Then we can sell them another set (and the job will already be on file, so no delay while the images are generated) to use the right way. :lol:

We plan to have a set for the CC available (we'll treat it like we do the sheets for the individual blister pack ships). It won't be offered until we get a chance to put calipers onto the mini itself - my CC is in limbo with the fleet boxes but we have an alternate plan to get the dimensions we need.

The set for the CC will be very, very similar to the set for the CA. It will just have some additions of hatches/vents and perhaps windows for the Commodore's tea room and personal aromatherapy spa in the new rear saucer "deckhouse".

Back