SST Minis Collection for sale...

GamerDude

Cosmic Mongoose
For many reasons I've decided to sell off my SST armies. The auction is on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140028126373.
This is my personal collection of 2 complete SST Minis box sets plus a bunch of other stuff.

THIS COLLECTION INCLUDES:
2 Core Rule books, 2 sets of templates & quick-rules cards.

Mobile Infantry:
MI Army Book, 32 CAP Troopers, 8 Veteran CAP troopers, 5 MI WASP CAP Troopers, 1 each of the MI Chikenhawk, Bigfoot, Ape, Nighthawk, Heroes of the Mobile Infantry (missing the MI Lt.)

Arachnids:
Arachnid Army Book, 40 Arachnid Warriors, 5 Firefries, 6 Blister/Blaster bugs, 1 Plasma bug

Skinnies:
16 Skinnie Raiders, 6 Pewter Skinnie Militia that were not put into production.

This is well over $300 US worth of stuff with a "buy it now" of just $135 US.

Oh crap, it's painted, and you auctioned it all as one lot.

Damn, why couldn't you have split it up, you would have gotten more for it, and made me a whole lot happier! *shakes fist*

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

Geez, everyone's trying to get out of SST, and it's making it the best time to join! That's a full army, plus half a bug army and a starting skinnie force for 135 bucks. What other wargame can you get so much for so little? Especially a game like SST? I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm hoping a new player buys it out.

Voracioustigger said:
Geez, everyone's trying to get out of SST, and it's making it the best time to join! That's a full army, plus half a bug army and a starting skinnie force for 135 bucks. What other wargame can you get so much for so little? Especially a game like SST? I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm hoping a new player buys it out.

Yes, this new edition is obviously so good for players... :roll:

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

i think (positve as i always am) that the reason people are selling stuff is tied to other circumstances than the announcment of a new edition, i can only hope that ppl get back to SST later on:)

i just today introduced a guy to the minis and he was awestruck with the cougars and started planning an army of them at once..
I think the mention of Andy C, reaction rules and preassembled (hard plastic) minis helped aswell,
the whole painted was no hit but he said he was going to prime them anyways so it didn't matter..

Personally i never sell any ministuff, i even have 8K of 40K orkz that gather dust waiting for that one day they'll get rules that fit them.

Col_stone said:
i think (positve as i always am) that the reason people are selling stuff is tied to other circumstances than the announcment of a new edition, i can only hope that ppl get back to SST later on:)

I would think, historically, any time a rules system (be it SST, D&D, 40K or whatever) changes signifcantly there happens a ebb and flow of players leaving and joining the game.

If SST: Evo is a solid system and natural progression of the existing rules it'll find it's audience.

But...it's a tough, competitive market out there right now and the lull between now and Evo being released does allow disenchanted players the opportunity to become enamored with another game in the meantime.

Jeff

the lull is scary to me, i would have liked a bunch of stuff between now and then, i paint and will probably repaint, (strange colors;)) so i would have been happy to see some air support for the MI..

i disagree i'm still pissed about them gowing pre-painted.... look at battle for skull pass.... do something like that.....

i cant see anything wrong with prepainted, not to the standard of those pics we've seen
i know lots of people that think it's a chore to paint and i do to at times,, rank and file that is

First off, on the pre-painting, if you don't like it, use Simple Green to take it off, or brake fluid, or Castrol Super Clean, as these are all safe with plastics (thanks 40k Online :D ) Anyways, with all these people getting out, I am overjoyed. I am getting great bargins with people on several sites.

Dr.Ravingburger said:
First off, on the pre-painting, if you don't like it, use Simple Green to take it off, or brake fluid, or Castrol Super Clean, as these are all safe with plastics (thanks 40k Online :D ) Anyways, with all these people getting out, I am overjoyed. I am getting great bargins with people on several sites.
If only I stopped buying stuff, then I could afford to take advantages of "army deals" that some guys are dumping on ebay or something else :p

chris_valera said:
Oh crap, it's painted, and you auctioned it all as one lot.

Damn, why couldn't you have split it up, you would have gotten more for it, and made me a whole lot happier! *shakes fist*

--Chris
I appreciate the thought Chris.
I'm not getting out of SST due to a problem with the rules/product line or the announced changes. For me it's a combination of lacking space for storage, a lack of interest in the game locally event though I've demoed the game to death, and the need to raise some cash to cover some school expenses.

I know I might have gotten more for everything if I'd split stuff up, but I've still got a ton of stuff to sell. I figured someone out there would appreciate getting a great deal and I'd have some money in the bank.

I've always been more of a RPG & boardgame man myself so doing a game like 40K or SST has been a struggle for me.

Oh... the auction went in less than 24 hrs with the 'buy it now" and the buyer has already paid via paypal.

Best wishes to all my fellow SST fans (anyone interested in a complete set of the Roughneck Chronicles on dvd?) and for the game it self.

'live forever apes" - Lt. Gene Razak, MI (KIA).

Back