Species and Societies is out now!

JRoss

Mongoose
Species and Societies, available here is a companion Thunderegg Productions' popular book, Character Webs, although either book can be used standalone. This book features systems that allow you to randomly or directly create new species for your games, and a series of kits that convert these species into PC-playable races for six, yes, six different RPG systems!

The book also features a generator for the cultures in which your new species live and a system for simulating the treachery and diplomacy between socieites. As a bonus, we've included a section on creating words and names in various new languages to provide an extra bit of flavor for your games.

We've provided support for The 13th Age Roleplaying Game, Dungeon World, Fate Core, Legend, The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Traveller. Each of these game systems gets new rules for designing your own playable races. And the book features a new, playable race for each game system!

This book is designed to be printer friendly. In general each section is self-contained and all you need for each sub-system fits on one page.

This book is being offered with a tip jar. I'm very proud of it and I want to make sure that anyone who wants this book can have it, regardless of budget. Feel free to tip if you've got the inclination or spare cash, but I'm more than happy with honest reviews, feedback or publicity. You can comment on our page at http://www.facebook.com/ThundereggProductions. Please spread the word about Thunderegg and what we're doing with these books!

Looks interesting. Does it allow (have design sequences) for different world types? Vacuum, asteroid, low grav, high grav, high radiation, et al?

Not for world types, per se, but it does take into consideration the habitat ecology of each species. This can be thought of as a world-type. If vacuum, asteroid and all that are things that you want to see, I'll add it in. My books get updated from time to time, and I always make sure that the updates are free for previous purchasers, rather than starting a new edition.

JRoss said:
Not for world types, per se, but it does take into consideration the habitat ecology of each species. This can be thought of as a world-type. If vacuum, asteroid and all that are things that you want to see, I'll add it in. My books get updated from time to time, and I always make sure that the updates are free for previous purchasers, rather than starting a new edition.

The extreme planetary/environment types would make it more useful for Trav. Maybe though that would be better to put into a new "creature/monster" generator for Trav. That is an area that has not been done well in any version of the game.

Back