Spacecraft sensor types for ships?

Boldtaar

Mongoose
I think a table has gone missing in the book, at least I cant find it. :(

The travellers in my group has acquired a type-A free trader as there first ship.
Is says it has sensors: Civilian grade (DM-2) on page 166 and the ship is TL 12.
Then going to chapter for spacecraft operations and page 150. It talks about sensor types (thermal. radar...).
But there is no chart to tell what type is included in the "Civilian grade (DM-2)" sensors package. Instead it refers to "as listed under Sensor Type opposite" :roll:
Also it includes a range band chart but no correspond difficulty for the ranges :?

This fell has i should have been included in the core rulebook!

It's in High Guard, p17.

Code:
Basic              Radar, Lidar
Civilian Grade     Radar, Lidar
Military Grade     Radar, Lidar, Jammers
Improved           Radar, Lidar, Jammers, Densitometer
Advanced           Radar, Lidar, Jammers, Densitometer, Neural Activity Sensor

Tack så mycket.
I'm new to traveller so I don't have the old High guard book.
Doesn't seem to be 100% compatible with 2nd edition.

But still fells like it shulden't have been left out from the core book :?

Under 'Sensor Types' on pg 151 of the Core book it lists, unsurprisingly, the sensor types. In parantheses next to each type is notes which packages include them. Which follows AnotherDilbert's table.

Visual, Thermal, and Radar/Lidar are included in all packages.
Advanced (which seems to need to be changed to 'Improved' for this edition (a step up from Military according to the Highguard beta)) adds Jammers and Densitometers
Very Advanced (which seems to be 'Advanced' in this edition) adds the Neural Activity Detector

What is not included in the list is Military, which adds Jammers and has a +0 DM.

So, I guess, it's technically there, but could be a little better arranged.

Thanks. :lol:
No that wasn't very clear.
I had expedited the TL to have some effect to the sensor types included

Then have to assume that the medium range band is DM+0 and long is +2 and so on.

Boldtaar said:
I had expedited the TL to have some effect to the sensor types included

It does have an effect, each package has a TL, densitometers for example are only available in higher TL packages.

And no the table isn't missing, it's just included in High Guard not the Core Rulebook.

AndrewW said:
And no the table isn't missing, it's just included in High Guard not the Core Rulebook.
Come on AndrewW, this is just silly. The core rule book has ships in it and they call out packages without telling what was included i9n those packages. So yes, it was missing from the core rule book. :roll:

Boldtaar said:
Then have to assume that the medium range band is DM+0 and long is +2 and so on.
Range has no effect on sensors up to 300 000 km, size has no effect until 100 000 dT, as detailed in High Guard, p26.

I'm referring to the last public beta of the 2nd Edition High Guard. The final release should be available any week now?

-Daniel- said:
Come on AndrewW, this is just silly. The core rule book has ships in it and they call out packages without telling what was included i9n those packages. So yes, it was missing from the core rule book. :roll:

A decision was made to not include it in the Core Rulebook (not mine), so yes this is intentional.

AndrewW said:
-Daniel- said:

A decision was made to not include it in the Core Rulebook (not mine), so yes this is intentional.

All I can say about all of 2nd editions technical details is that Mistakes Where Made, These mistakes are different from 1st editions which where equally frustrating...

Back