Sorry folks, Tired, Vodka, and reading PMs not good Idea

Do you post this because you think Mongoose is going to stab Indies in the back?

McCoy seems to be doing fine with his product line, Reign of Discordia is now being released for Traveller via the Flaming Cobra imprint line, so why the concern?

Um, I wasn't aware of any signs that Mongoose was doing anything of the sort ... unless you have inside information that its being bought by Hasbeen ... er ... Hasbro :shock: :wink:

Phil

I am going to have to agree with the other grumpy old gamers here, what is your central thesis?

Traditionally the Traveller fan base is large fractious and loud.

You want to start a fight? Just ask if Traveller is the rules or the setting.

Infojunky said:
Oh, there are plenty of Traveller - related topics behind which lurks a fight. The Ancients. Vargr with horns. Aslan finger counts. Blue Darrians. The airlocks on Type-S scouts. Most of Mongoose Mercenary. :)

alex_greene said:
Infojunky said:
Oh, there are plenty of Traveller - related topics behind which lurks a fight. The Ancients. Vargr with horns. Aslan finger counts. Blue Darrians. The airlocks on Type-S scouts. Most of Mongoose Mercenary. :)

don't forget near-c rocks and the viability of piracy...

Allen

Aslan and comfortable footwear.

The use of tones in Vilani.

Sunbane.

The highest TL of the Rule of Man.

Valid roles for fighters.

The jump bubble.

Jump interference/masking.

Computers.

Power plants.

Shipyard TLs.

Traffic volume.

...and Jump torpedos...

...and the Marines always having to take the Cutlass skill problem...

...and someone suggesting some very very slight, tiny changes to published UWPs...

...and whether all 3I Marines have Battledress and/or FG/PGMPs....

...and the viability of piracy in the OTU... :oops: :oops: dammit I was beat to it....

...and all the borked staship designs...

...and the fact that the annic Nova can't be built using the rules available at the time the adventure was published...

Gruffty the Hiver said:
...and the fact that the annic Nova can't be built using the rules available at the time the adventure was published...

Thank you! I meant to mention the ANNIC NOVA.

T5 can build the ANNIC NOVA

...the K'kree as militant herbivores...

...the Hivers as soppy floppy silly starfishes...

...Strephon's assassination and "double"...

...Virus...

...Solomani as Nazis/Stalinist Kommunists in Spaaaaaccccceee....

Gruffty the Hiver said:
pasuuli said:
Gruffty the Hiver said:

Thank you! I meant to mention the ANNIC NOVA.
...plus the fact that the Annic Nova out-performs all other CT starships....

Yes, it's a category killer.

T5 had to draw its teeth without changing its nature, so to speak.

And, oh yes, its Vargr with ANTLERS, not horns. N00b ! :evil:

Very different. And with significant consequences obvious to all but the meanest intellects; In fact, if one foolishly presuppposes the development of horn in lupis derived sentients, as described in *BLAM.* Thud.

<end transmission>

Back