Sons of Cimmeria Official Announcement

Yuan-Ti said:
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi (great pseudonym!) posted the link in the other Sons of Cimmeria thread in this forum or I would not have seen it yet. So I thought I would start a new thread with a better title to make sure everyone here knows about it now.

Check out the official statement here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1606

Heh, you're the first to comment on my name Yuan-Ti. I figure no one here knows who or what Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is. I must be getting old.

For those of you now wondering, you can go to Amazon.com and search for it under the DVDs section.

Heh, you're the first to comment on my name Yuan-Ti. I figure no one here knows who or what Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is. I must be getting old.

Actually, I figured that everyone knew the story of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi and hadn't commented on it for that reason.

Woohoo! Discount off of second printing, free goodies, where are my scissors!

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi said:

For those of you now wondering, you can go to Amazon.com and search for it under the DVDs section.

I have to admit, this is the first time I actually thought about WHY you would choose that name on these forums in particular. :) I just thought it was a great name and finally had a good excuse to comment on it. I loved that movie when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in years, though.

I am getting old (and slow), myself.

Kippling's little Mongoose :lol: from the story of the same name. I always thought it was very apporiate name myself. :wink:

One of my favourite stories.

I'll go for membership of the "exclusive" club for 1st edition owners.

Even if I have the first edition book, I don't much care for an discount on the 2:nd edition.

Geezer said:
I'll go for membership of the "exclusive" club for 1st edition owners.

Even if I have the first edition book, I don't much care for an discount on the 2:nd edition.

Well I care and I'm appreciative for their efforts to fix the problems and put out a better prepared book for us at a discount.

Thanks Mongoose.

I'm sending my information in the mail today. :)

I'm in the category that I don't believe $50 is to much for a good fullcolor RPG book. So I'll probably get the second edition without cutting my first one. :)

Anonymous said:
I'm in the category that I don't believe $50 is to much for a good fullcolor RPG book. So I'll probably get the second edition without cutting my first one. :)

That's what I decided. Already sent my email.

Unfortunately, working as a contract programmer, my income is sporadic enough that I already have had a couple of days of instant ramen meals to cover my splurging on a $50 dollar book. I will be taking full advantage of the discount as I am getting really sick of ramen.

You're right. Ramen is tasty food ( well, real ramen and not instant ramen ) it is just that I am not all that interested in experiencing scurvy first hand.

Hythian said:
You're right. Ramen is tasty food ( well, real ramen and not instant ramen ) it is just that I am not all that interested in experiencing scurvy first hand.

Margaritas have lime, lime prevents scurvy, so have a margarita.

Say can one of your registered types ask the question of "How many folks complaining about 60% off retail are able to buy it that way normally?"

All in all the book has its faults, I won't buy a 2nd printing (never do) and I'll keep my first printing intact until it is no longer usable from over-use. :D

Back