Sommerlund Supplement

The Wolf said:
No idea, since it's in the hands of Mongoose and has been for a while. Now the site says: October.

Appreciate the reply and your position, Wolf.

An official update would be nice - c'mon Mongoose, show some decent customer service, we'd like some realistic release dates and updates. Thanks.

Now we're in Nov...

I can only think it must be art/layout now, since the core writing has been sorted for a while. It took me and Joe some work on that one.

The Wolf said:
Now we're in Nov...

I can only think it must be art/layout now, since the core writing has been sorted for a while. It took me and Joe some work on that one.

Nope, printing! Its arrival is imminent...

SnowShadow said:
By the sounds of things both The Bestiary and Sommerlund are going to be REALLY good, can't wait - Mongoose you are spoiling us!

The Bestiary is probably the most detailed account of Magnamund's creatures ever devised. I had help, some very fine help :>

msprange said:
The Wolf said:
Now we're in Nov...

Nope, printing! Its arrival is imminent...

Excellent news, thanks Matthew!

The Wolf said:
As River Song would say, "Spoilers."

Sorry, can't tell you that :)

I can say that Joe has seen the map of Sommerlund and approves.

You know if Riversong had given out spoilers maybe she wouldn't have ended up with a fried brain and inside a dusty old library full of ravenous dust mites for the rest of eternity!

:)

It is indeed - Sommerlund will start appearing in the shops next week, while some of you (those who pre-ordered and live in the UK) will either already have it in your hands, or will see it in a day or two!

I've been waiting for this book myself, ever since I saw the first draft - it really is a good 'un.

msprange said:
It is indeed - Sommerlund will start appearing in the shops next week, while some of you (those who pre-ordered and live in the UK) will either already have it in your hands, or will see it in a day or two!

I've been waiting for this book myself, ever since I saw the first draft - it really is a good 'un.

Rock on Tommy!

I'm looking forward to reading this, hope its on my mat when I get home tonight. :)

And if a happy experience I had with a DW book just the other week is repeated (three working day turnaround to reach OZ from the UK) the rest of the world should be getting theirs in the post about the same time it shows up in the UK shops, if not a touch sooner.

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised to get my copy today! Might have a long train journey tomorrow and Sunday to use for reading it, too :)

Random Code said:
I'm looking forward to reading this, hope its on my mat when I get home tonight. :)

... And it was. :)

Only managed to read through the first 3 or 4 chapters (currently about halfway through the Holmgard one), but first impressions are EXTREMELY positive ones - I like what I'm reading so far.

There's no mechanical information in it whatsoever; the book is pure setting and is packed with information. Its extremely easy to read, but not to the point of being dumbed down, so you'll be able to get through it at a fair old pace. The information (with respect to some NPCs and events) jumps between MS5000 and MS5050 or no date is mentioned at all so you know where particular characters exist in the LW timeline. The only drawback with this is that where a specific date is mentioned an alternative NPC isn't for the other date. A very slight criticism.

Type face is the standard LW one and is therefore practical and clear in its design. Illustrations are there and generally (as far as I can tell) full page. The same artist as the previous books is used as far as I'm aware.

There are maps and they take up full pages but as its only an A5 book many are just too small to really appreciate the detail on them, particularly the Holmgard one. This is a real pity as they are very nicely drawn indeed. I hope that Mongoose release the maps as larger PDFs as it would be a shame if all we had were the hardcopy ones or had to go out and buy the PDF of the book just to get the maps in a size that can be enlarged. C'mon Matt, you know it makes sense!

Overall though this is looking like a great purchase and could easily be used as a setting with another system, if the LW rules aren't your cup of tea. I'd highliy recommend it so far. Well done chaps - late but definitely worth the wait.

Cheers.

I would very much like to see a larger version of the maps, since the cartographer put a lot of time and detail into those :)

Random Code said:
There are maps and they take up full pages but as its only an A5 book many are just too small to really appreciate the detail on them, particularly the Holmgard one. This is a real pity as they are very nicely drawn indeed. I hope that Mongoose release the maps as larger PDFs as it would be a shame if all we had were the hardcopy ones or had to go out and buy the PDF of the book just to get the maps in a size that can be enlarged. C'mon Matt, you know it makes sense!

Your wish being our command;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1818

Back