Solo and duo play

the_neck

Mongoose
I am starting a Conan campaign for 2 players soon, and I am curious about the rules for solo and duo play presented in Signs and Portents issue #7. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give a summary of those rules. Also, if anyone has run a small party size (1 or 2 players) how have you handled it? Thanks.

I didn't run these rules myself, but a fellow GM did so a few times. He said, the ruleset is OK, but no must-have to run a two PC-group.

I already sent the pdf, if you didn't get it I couldn't find your email address. Get it to me and I'll send you the file.

I didn't realize that there were any particular rules, is S&P#7 online? (never mind, I found the info thread. Gotta love the Edit button!)

I've always handle it by having the player run several of the PCs and I would do some of the others, mostly as backup and support, just like NPC henchmen, in a way. In the past several years, I've done a lot of this with my son, who is now older and is taking a greater interest in this. I've relied heavily on NPC reaction tables, and pregenerated reaction options at crucial times in the scenario. As I have a lot of RPG games, I've stolen reaction tables from all of them that had them. Luckily, most of them have 'im. I find it is important not to be too arbitrary, because (at least with my son), they start to question your motives! I don't think this has anything to do with playing Paranoia. :D

I find it hard to be a player and GM at the same time. The only game that I had been able to do this with is The Fantasy Trip. But mostly that was just the combat arena, never got much into role-playing that game.

Still, it is much more fun to play with at least 2 others. Otherwise, it's mostly character building.

That has been my experience. Gotto find that issue#7, might be helpful.

I don't like the rules. I don't like the progression for feats...I guess I feel that if you have only 1 or 2 for a group, that having the players sit down and try to come up with a good complement is better than pumping them up like this. :?

jrmorgan56 said:
I don't like the rules. I don't like the progression for feats...I guess I feel that if you have only 1 or 2 for a group, that having the players sit down and try to come up with a good complement is better than pumping them up like this. :?
Hmmm, Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser...Batman and Robin...just don't do the Wonder Twins! (shudders, jokingly) :p
gleek.jpg

You know I got those rules when they were first presented, yet never read them because up until now I've never needed to. I'll have to give a look to see what the fuss is all about.

Back