• Sweden(:p)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• I dunno yet

• Total voters
Mongoose Old Bear said:
I am very fond of the French and intend to retire there in due course. They may also have only had 15 years of great military history in the last millenium but it was the best 15 years...

A Napoleonic afficionado I see :D :D

Isn't it interesting, though, how the great Napoleon's "finest battle" was Waterloo? A defeat for the French under his leadership. Of all the battles he won, there must surely be a better military performance than Waterloo, where he was defeated by Wellington...

In contrast, Wellington maintained that his finest battle was Assaye. I'd argue that it wans't Wellington's victory at all, but that it belonged to the 78th Highlanders. It was their action that saved the British army from defeat by steadying the line and advancing, alone, into the storm of musket fire from the Mahratta army.

Lord David the Denied said:
Isn't it interesting, though, how the great Napoleon's "finest battle" was Waterloo? A defeat for the French under his leadership. Of all the battles he won, there must surely be a better military performance than Waterloo, where he was defeated by Wellington....

Where did you hear that? :?
Historians call Austerlitz his finest battle

Jim Davidson Quote

"The only to offend no one is to insult everyone"

I dont really have to do that to enforce a joke do i?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm going to go with the PLA. I already have a full platoon of brits(4 sections plus command) with a Mortar section nad a GPMG team, plus a section of 8 Paras. All i need are the supporting vehicles( a challenger 2 and a few WARRIOR ICVs)

Come to htink of it, i also have something like 32 Fedayeen in a civilian cloths, and 2 mechanized squads of Iraqi Regulars in BMP2s. So i've also kind of got the MEA covered, except for the huge amount of technicals that would make then extremely fun(the Helixes)

Hi,

Sounds good. My British Army stands at one Mech Infantry platoon of three rifle sections + Command Section supported by two 81mm mortars and a GPMG in sustained fire role. Plus one section of two 4 man teams SAS. Need to replace at least one LSW in each section with one M249 SAW. Mech support at present is 2 CVRT Scimitar and 1 Landrover Wolf.

I just started collecting Aussies a month or two ago, and I'm still working on the figures, but I've got 4 x ASLAV-25's, the hulls for 2 x ASLAV-PC (need a lot of conversion) and figures to do the 2 x 4-man scout teams and a platoon of Motorised Infantry. Just looking around for a 28mm-1/48th bushmaster! :wink:

dant164 said:
Jim Davidson Quote

"The only to offend no one is to insult everyone"

I dont really have to do that to enforce a joke do i?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I find Jim Davidson offensive! :p It's hard to get less funny than him! :wink:

Martin said:
Hi,

Sounds good. My British Army stands at one Mech Infantry platoon of three rifle sections + Command Section supported by two 81mm mortars and a GPMG in sustained fire role. Plus one section of two 4 man teams SAS. Need to replace at least one LSW in each section with one M249 SAW. Mech support at present is 2 CVRT Scimitar and 1 Landrover Wolf.

It's not an M249 SAW. We use the manufacturer's stock configuration, not the US Army configuration. It's called a Minimi in the British Army.

It's not an M249 SAW. We use the manufacturer's stock configuration, not the US Army configuration. It's called a Minimi in the British Army.

Same thing, different designation

night owl said:

Same thing, different designation

"I shall call him.... MiniMe" :)

Nezeray

Back