So what's 2e 'out of the box' ?

tenabrae

Mongoose
Like it says, which of the current b5 books are built on the 2e framework (ie that in theory need _no_ conversion ? Only what came out after its release, or were there books before the 2e rulebook was released ?

And question 2, how much of what was published for 1e will be redone in 2e format ? The question really being, should I look at picking up 1e books and converting, or will most of the content be redone eventually ?

Only books published after the 2e rules are 2e 'out of the box' - ie Cold Equations, The Ragged edge, The Drakh, Ship Builder's Manual, Ships of the Galaxy.

The ship plans contain no rule-oriented material so they fit with either edition.

The only 1e books that Mongoose have stated their intention to reprint are the season guides (Coming of Shadows, Point of No Return, No Surrender, No Retreat, Wheel of Fire). These will be combined into a single volume at a leter date.

I believe there is a more detailed conversion document on the way which will cover any material that remains to be converted.

I thought Darkness and Light was supposed to be the first 2e compatible product followed by Merchants, Traders, and Raiders.

Greg Smith said:
Only books published after the 2e rules are 2e 'out of the box' - ie Cold Equations, The Ragged edge, The Drakh, Ship Builder's Manual, Ships of the Galaxy.

The ship plans contain no rule-oriented material so they fit with either edition.

The only 1e books that Mongoose have stated their intention to reprint are the season guides (Coming of Shadows, Point of No Return, No Surrender, No Retreat, Wheel of Fire). These will be combined into a single volume at a leter date.

I believe there is a more detailed conversion document on the way which will cover any material that remains to be converted.
since the 1st season guide is only in the 1st ed core book, will the season guide will include it ?

FuryMaster said:
I thought Darkness and Light was supposed to be the first 2e compatible product followed by Merchants, Traders, and Raiders.

Nope, though technically all 1E stuff should be compatible with 2E, the conversion notes are lacking in some areas.

Things that only contain fluff, like the Ship Plans are obviously already 2E compatible.

Proper 2E books seem to have the new blue covers, if it's black, it's 1E.

LBH

Faënril said:
since the 1st season guide is only in the 1st ed core book, will the season guide will include it ?

It was planned to, but last I heard the Full Season Guide had been put on hold.

LBH

qstor said:
I got the Drakh book and have most of the others. Does 2e use D20 Modern?

Mike

No.

B5 2E is a self contained game. It is OGL and while it shares a lot with the d20 system, it has a lot of differences. You need no other d20 books or core books to play B5 2E, unlike 1st ed which needed the D&D Player's handbook.

LBH

Back