So Long & Thanks for all the Fish

I have to say, I can agree with the above sentiments about this system.

You guys have created one helluva system- arguably the best system available on the current market.

I can only imagine what situation might lead to you both walking away from that type of achievement. It may not be David Chappelle walking away from the Chappelle show, but it has a similar feel...without the millions of dollars :)

My best to both of you, and here is my wish in all of this:

That whatever fences have been damaged can be mended, and you might both be able to return to writing material for this system, your system, and a damn fine one, IMHO.

M. Sprange take note. Wayfarer or whatever the incarnation- get contributions from these guys if at all possible. Even if on a book by book basis. They are a lot of the identity and creative engine around this line.

*gets off soap box*

I guess the best thanks I can offer to Pete is the assurance that I will continue playing with your creation for many years to come. 8)

Olkoon tuuli myötäinen, Pete!

+1 to all the above. As a D&D convert, I'm sorry to hear you will no longer be officially involved with the great system Loz and yourself brought to us. I too will be looking out for books and supplements with your name on them.

Loz and Pete, thanks for the great rules and additions, and best of luck at Moon Design, looking forward to seeing new stuff from you guys!

Loz said:
You'll notice that we waited for the Rapture to be proved a non-even before all this craziness kicked-in...

Non, no, the rapture has been postponed until October. In which case, the RQ license change is just one of the seismic events that started this weekend that will catalyse the ultimate apocalyptic release of Wayfarer in the autumn. It's all beginning to make sense.

Simon Hibbs

simonh said:
Loz said:
You'll notice that we waited for the Rapture to be proved a non-even before all this craziness kicked-in...

Non, no, the rapture has been postponed until October. In which case, the RQ license change is just one of the seismic events that started this weekend that will catalyse the ultimate apocalyptic release of Wayfarer in the autumn. It's all beginning to make sense.

Simon Hibbs
Excuse my ignorance, but WTF are you guys going on about? Is it an in-joke or something?

DamonJynx said:
simonh said:
Loz said:

Simon Hibbs
Excuse my ignorance, but WTF are you guys going on about? Is it an in-joke or something?

They're joke building on the rapture. Don't you follow current popular events? :p

- Dan

DramaticExit said:
DamonJynx said:
How did you miss it? ;)

Harold Camping predicted the rapture would take place on May 21st.

Since it (obviously) didn't he's proclaimed his calculations were wrong and we're now on for October 21st.
Right, this is that lunatic that predicted the end of the world. We're a bit backwards here in Oz. I didn't watch any of the news stories regarding it, just the grabs, and didn't hear any reference to "the Rapture". But I get it now.

I guess I should book that round the world trip and sell my house before the big day....

DamonJynx said:
I guess I should book that round the world trip and sell my house before the big day....

Some of his followers did exactly that and are now homeless.

There's 1D100 born every minute.

Simon Hibbs

Nez said:
This guy made a fortune!

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/Home_Page.html
According to Businessweek, he had "more than 100 clients" as of February 2010, and a recent interview gave the figure as "over 250", so that's somewhere around 30k revenue, minus running costs. Not bad, but not a fortune either.

simonh said:
DamonJynx said:

Some of his followers did exactly that and are now homeless.

There's 1D100 born every minute.

Simon Hibbs
And some of the idiots now want to sue him!

That's a major problem with a lot of people, they don't want to accept responsibility for their own stupidity! It pisses me off when I hear these sob stories about how people hate their life, can't get a job, the Government does nothing for me yaddah yaddah. If you don't like your life, get off your arse and change it! You're the only one that can!

And don't be sucked in by morons who haven't got a clue! More scholarly type than this idiot have studied the bible (obviously, I'm not one of them) and don't have an idea when Judgement Day is. Live life now, and if the world ends tomorrow...have no regrets!

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now.

"Believe in me and you shall have eternal life". That's it in a nutshell. For those who are Christians, that is all that is required of you to be a Christian. No money given to loudmouth snake oil salesmen, no condemnation of others, no blowing yourself up to prove a point. Pretty simple and sweet.

Not trying to evangelize here, but I just want to speak up and say guys like this poorly represent those who try to follow the true Christ.

Jujitsudave said:
"Believe in me and you shall have eternal life". That's it in a nutshell. For those who are Christians, that is all that is required of you to be a Christian. No money given to loudmouth snake oil salesmen, no condemnation of others, no blowing yourself up to prove a point. Pretty simple and sweet.

Not trying to evangelize here, but I just want to speak up and say guys like this poorly represent those who try to follow the true Christ.

I don't believe in God in the biblical sense. Yet, my beliefs are fundamentally Christian. I reckon if you try live your life by the basic precepts of the Christian faith and the Ten Commandments you will be a decent person and have a reasonable life. So in most respects I agree with you.

Extremists of any faith are to treated with suspicion and care. IMO terrorists of any race or religion are simply psychopaths using their religion or whatever as an excuse for murder and mayhem. I haven't studied the Muslim faith, but I reckon it wouldn't (the Koran?) be espousing the murder of people who don't follow that path to enlightenment. As for Charlatans...

Anyway, enough of this. Whether I go to Heaven or Hell doesn't matter, I won't be alone in either...

Back