So Long & Thanks for all the Fish

What with the big news release that RQ and Mongoose are going their separate ways, the time has come to announce that I too have resigned from Mongoose. Its been a hectic few years, but very educational.

Many thanks to all those who appreciated the hard work Loz and I placed into the revised MRQ2 rules. Indeed your glowing reviews and continuing support of our books have encouraged us to work above and beyond the modest gratuity we received. I have been especially pleased by the general congeniality of these forums and hope that you'll continue to help one another in the future.

However, as time moves on my interests meander and head-hunting offers become increasingly difficult to resist. I already have a few projects waiting in line so I shall still continue to write RPGs, but those waiting for an Ancient Greece source book might have to wait a while longer. ;)

So without whittering on any longer, I bid you all adieu. Take care and keep on playing!

Thanks Pete for your efforts towards the latest RQ - like Loz's work, yours has been much appreciated.

:shock:

That's a blow to us all - I only hope the work you've done recently now gets to print...

Very best wishes for the future Pete. You have done us proud, you know.

Thanks for putting together a worthy successor to the RuneQuest name, and for all the fun you've given us (already and still to come).

Best of luck,
Steve

You'll notice that we waited for the Rapture to be proved a non-even before all this craziness kicked-in...

Good Luck on your future projects (and life in general).

Combat Maneuvers were the first major innovation added to BRP in a long time. RQ was always the most visceral, brutal, and evocative combat system in the BRP family, and you took it to the next level. And the fun too.

Thanks for a great system.

Indeed thanks for all your work and the great update to my favourite system. Best wishes in your future projects. You and Loz are going to be a hard act to follow so here's hoping that Mongoose manage it.

Thanks for all the work you and Loz did in revitalizing one of the great rules sets.

Best wishes for the future - I for one will be investing in your next project(s).

Thank you so much for all the hard work Pete! I cannot begin to express how glad I am for the content and rules you've provided, compared to my earlier gaming experiences.

I hope you will come by this forum, from time to time and throw some coolness around. I also look forward to your future work, you're definitely one of the authors I'll be looking for books from (especially generic books).

Good luck in all your endeavours.

- Dan

Sorry to hear this, but I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Thank you for all of the hard work and great creativity put into this book and system. Truly a great one- that continues to rise in notoriety. I can see why the Headhunters come for both you and Loz. Brilliant, innovative stuff- the both of you.

So, when am I getting a novel out of one of you...

Crushed but congratulatory,

ThatGuy

And congrats to Pete on his new gig too:

http://moondesignpublications.com/blog/2011/05/23/welcome-pete-nash-to-the-moon-design-team/

Hey, I just saw that Pete's going to be working for Moon Designs, on new stuff for HeroQUest!

http://moondesignpublications.com/blog/2011/05/23/welcome-pete-nash-to-the-moon-design-team/

The bestiary sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Pete,
Thanks for all the excellent material you have put into print in my favourite game systems and also taking the time to correspond with gamers like muyself.
Good luck with your new endeavours.
John

Pete, I'm glad that you and Loz have found work creating in Glorantha, a setting you both love. I am dismayed, however, that you'll be writing for the Heroquest system, which I find vastly inferior to the one you two have created.

I hope both of you get the chance to work on BRP/Wayfarer books in the future.

Back