So ... Book 18?

Very sad indeed.

Mongoose are trying their best to make the pain and disappointment less. They are offering two options to Mega Deal customers:

1) A store credit at the full value of the Mega Deal you purchased for products now or later - ie, it's a store credit that has no expiry on it and can be used a little at a time.

2) A pro-rata'd refund based upon the amount of books outstanding. So, if you went for the £400 MD option then I'd have thought you'll get refunded somewhere in the region of £185.

Beyond the LW line not being cancelled these two options really are the absolute best they could offer. Option (1) really is awesome if you're interested in, say, getting into Traveller or some other game. Whereas option (2) allows people to walk away with the cash owed and buy the Lone Wolf books that (perhaps) Joe Dever will be publishing going forward.

The communication over the last 48 hours has left a lot to be desired but now, with these two options, I don't think anyone can say that Mongoose aren't doing their best to make good on what's such a crappy situation.

Hi Random Code,

Random Code said:
Mongoose are trying their best to make the pain and disappointment less. They are offering two options to Mega Deal customers:

1) A store credit at the full value of the Mega Deal you purchased for products now or later - ie, it's a store credit that has no expiry on it and can be used a little at a time.

2) A pro-rata'd refund based upon the amount of books outstanding. So, if you went for the £400 MD option then I'd have thought you'll get refunded somewhere in the region of £185.

I am one of the original Megadeal subscribers and am understandably upset. At least these offers will allow me to recoup something out of this disaster. What really irks me though is the lack of communication from Mongoose. The way I found out about the collapse of Mongoose's LW was an e-mail from Project Aon. Now, I am having to sort through multiple posts here on the forum to make any sense of what's going on. Where did you get your info on the refund options above? No communication has come to me from Mongoose itself.

All of that said, I really do appreciate the work that Mongoose did put into the LW line and thank them for at least starting the ball rolling for its resurgence. I just wish it could have come to fruition. Here's hoping for some good news in the future!

Pathwalker

This is a joke.

All these promises, stringing us on.

Very disappointed, I honestly believed the hype.

So what happened to book 18 being at the printers? Was this true? ... doubtful

Back