slaine-celtic warrior campain

cramps was and is still a standard dwarf but you will get bits cut off if you tell him that.The tribe was sessair but think I said fir by mistake in a earlier thread :oops: hope you enjoy this my lot did :D

Yeah I was going to run my group through this first them through the campaign books. Yes I picked them up after your high recommendation on The Invulnerable King,Teeth of the Moon Sow,The Ragnarok Book,Way of the Horned God. Hehe! Thanks again Toothhill I know I would have bought them but you sped up my decision. :wink:

Brillaint stuff, toothill OY! There is already a slew of gaming books I'm interested in and not enough dough to cover it all, there wouldn't be enough dough to cover it all even if I had a job. Now, I'm intrigued by yet another book! Will the gaming madness ever stop?! Lord, I hope not. That would be a sad day indeed!

Yes I find Slaine to be kind of left in the dust to titles like Conan and there are still books to be made. I keep finding references in the core book of certain sourcebooks to be made and they are not. Would be nice if those books see the light of day sometime. But oh well....I'm very happy with what has come out and hope there will be more but I think if we were to get a raiding party we could kick that no good Conan right where it counts and then Slaine would be back on top.

:p

As far as I know it does get some support in the Signs & Portents magazine that Mongoose puts out monthy however no real source material at this point in time since I don't think there is a huge fan base or the game sells as much as something like Conan or Judge Dredd especially in the US or Canada since Slaine is not much of a household name as it would be in the UK as far as the comic scene is concerned????

I don't really know you would have to talk to the folks at Mongoose for a official statement on the Slaine line. I'm am but a fan of the comic and of the rpg and that is all.

Daithi O'an tSionnaigh said:
Yes I find Slaine to be kind of left in the dust to titles like Conan and there are still books to be made. I keep finding references in the core book of certain sourcebooks to be made and they are not. Would be nice if those books see the light of day sometime. But oh well....I'm very happy with what has come out and hope there will be more but I think if we were to get a raiding party we could kick that no good Conan right where it counts and then Slaine would be back on top.

:p

a game is only dead if the fans leave it so as long as us keep on adding stuff we will wait for the rest too follow :D

So have you run a group through Slaine lately or what do ya have cookin in the Cauldron of Toothhill?

Any other goodies? One shot campaigns? Idears? Anything? Others can add their bits in here too. I will once I have some stuff to contribute. :lol:

my group used this as a spring board too the campain I am running now have got more too add too this board as soon as have the time :shock:

Mr Toothill man

I have been pondering getting Slaine for some time, being an 2000ad fan of old, he use to be one of my favourite characters.

I really like the sound of you campaign, and must admit I probably would apply a severe bit of plagiarism if I do pick the game up and start a campaign.

Could you tell what classes you group compiled of and what level your mini campaign got them to?

Would you say that warriors are the focus of the game or is the scope for other classes to share the limelight?

Cheers,

Steve

no problem steve 8)
the campain has been warrior based but that is because they have the most fun playing them in the slaine setting and must amit it fits my style of DMing.the campain has them up too lvl8 at the moment and is based around epic sea journeys and finding there way home,The dwarf works well as the groups sticky fingers and have a witch npc who can if needed be the brain of the group.
The witch and druid as leader can be moved around but the witch is better in a fight.Dwarves are fun and make the evening my group like tribal warriors as have a good mix of base skills but noble warriors would work fine as would warped ones exiled because of who they are :twisted:
the group is-
cramps(lvl 7 dwarf pc)expert in finding stuff other peoples stuff
beren mac ross (lvl 8 tribal warrior)oldest of the 3 brothers and only ex salior acts as captain of there ship with great skill with the battleaxe)
tarin mac ross(lvl 8 tribal warrior pc)middle brother he is the hunter and scout of the group expert in sling and dagger(thrown and normal)
Kalim mac ross(lvl 8 tribal warrior pc)youngest brother and the best swordsman of the group he holds the sword ravensfeast and the love of alune the witch)
the crone of morrigan(lvl 9 witchNPC )she is leader of the group that searches the sea for a artifact known as the tear of lir she has a frail looking body but is 65 years old and devoted to morrigan and her adopted sons the brothers and yes even cramps)
togeather they are known as the new raven band and have named their stolen long boat the storm raven they also have as a group a large talking raven as a mascot

Sounds cool! And can't wait to get my new Slaine game off and running just finishing up some of the last bits of info on it and I hope to run soon. Just have a few one shot games to run first. :wink:

Sounds cool, so how far are you through the second part of your campaign, how often do you play?

Have you had any PC casualties?

I must admit I like the direction and flow of your other campaign and look forward to details of your new one.

I am wrapping a few other things up and will then be picking up a copy of Slaine, me thinks.

Steve

once a week we meet and as a guess think there half way there but will not publish till complete as dont want too give anything away

the frame work is loose as in the celtic warrior campain but need a frame work to give the game a good celtic sense of never being able to escape fate or sacrifice :twisted: like a series on tv instead of a movie or one off you can give each player their time in the sun for example cramps came into his own and became one of the group when the siege of the wild men came up and others have had the time too show their value so they work togeather more not the look at me you often get 8) but within the framework the players have free will as I hate adventures which you have no choices.Another shining example was after killing the false goddess they had so much fun hunting the wildmen hunting them I added another group of 50 they used every trap Ive ever used against them and invented others and what was a ending too the homage to the 13 warrior quickley turned into a homage to the first rambo movie :twisted:

Back