Skinny release dates

Which upcoming Skinny release are you most eagerly anticipating?

• The Brutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Cabal

• Those sky cycle thingies

• Quit yo jibba jabba, Mr T pities the fool dat be playing skinnies!

• Total voters

MaxSteiner

Mongoose
Hey i was just scrolling through the release schedual for SST (You know, like you do at 4 in the morning... Damn I'm cool 8) ) and i happened to notice that all the big stuff for the skinnies is coming August.
Even for someone who doesn't like the skinnies alot thats pretty exciting!

um... No real point for this post, I'm just bored and its kinda slow here.

I know I'll add a poll, they're so damn cool :D

Mmm... Ya know, I can't really say I'm looking forward to many of them. Except the Venerable Marauder, cus I wana see how the model turns out in the final rendition (considering how much many other models changed from first concept art!). But most of the Skinnies stuff I really wana own is already out. Venerables, Lord, maybe a Tyrant. I'm wondering if/when they plan to put out skinnie emplacements.

I'd be more inclined to buy skinny emplacements than I am MI ones, provided they look nice enough... and provided I were playing skinnies... :?

I gotta admit I only put the Cabal cause i'm interested in people's experiances with that sort of army in SST (Haven't got their army book... but I might brake down depending on some stuff im watching on Ebay lol) and I figure the release will spark a bit of talk I can trawl to get a better picture.
... I'll add the venerable on the poll, cuase i'd completly forgotten about it! :)

... Damn left it to long, I can't add questions any more. (I suppose you wouldn't have been able to vote for it any way lol)

Actually... I didn't vote yet. I think you can't change it because you voted on it already. Once it registers any votes it can't be changed. I think. Not positive.

Yeah that sounds pretty reasonable too me, serves me right for voting in my own poll I guess.
I did notice the other day that it doesn't register posts as being edited if you do it shortly after the post, which is quite good for me, almost as if I were using a keyboard that works!

The early Skinnie stuff has kind of put me off the Skinnie line completely. I was going to retire my bugs to start a Skinnie army, but I just don't have the time to do the conversion work I think it would take for me to get what I felt was a decent looking army. Now I'm just waiting on the Forth!

Well I've been really harsh on the skinnies myself, mostly cause I really wanted an army and I feel let down by most of the models personally.
But i see the last two factions as a chance for the species to redeem itself,
of course they might turn out to be as bad as the slaves ... :(
I still like the sound of the army book, and the different options given for the army, but I think it could have been implemented a little better... The main thing that puts me off (Other than the models) is they seem really inflexible. With the MI I can try out innumerable options and tactics, without having to buy loads of different units, with the skniines I get the impression Im going to need to buy at least one of every box set if I wan't to avoid playing the same army over and over again, but that simply isn't an option for me at the moment. And even if it was, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't :p

I still might start up a slave army though, just without that box set, 5 pt troops with guns is just to good to pass up, and theres a suprising amount of cheap figures that will fit the bill so I could have hordes :)
But I really ought to see the book first...

I voted for Brutes because I assume that includes Tawn Riders and they're gonna be cool I reckon.

But in general Skinnies are not my bag.

Aha Rooster likes 'em! I'm in good company 8)

I kinda was interestedi n the Brutes... but its all a little to John Carter of Mars for me, I don't think I'd be able to resist the urge to add another pair of arms and paint them green! :D

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Brutes so that 30 of them can complete my 2000 point, 150 model Slave army :D

depends on the leader, but most can use slaves to an extent. Mine is a Leader of Slaves army and he has some great rules to support alot of slaves. Mine looks roughly like:

Leader with some Traits

2 X 20 Slaves with 1 Constrictor Cannon
2 X 20 Slaves with 1 Mass Driver
20 Slaves with 8 Distruptor Glaives
15 Brutes with 2 Constrictor Cannons
15 Brutes with 2 Mass Drivers

Should be fun no matter whether I win or lose :)

Back