Size/scale of air assets?

msprange said:
Mr Evil said:
also at 1:72/1:65 scale were lookn at £30+ modle !!!! every body would look else where for their versions

Not when you factor in the unit card and the very funky flying stand. We don't expect to sell them in huge numbers, but they are going to be something you'll want for your army. . .

i know this mat but if stat cards are going to be in each S&P and no matter what people say a flight stand is a flight stand, and if its as good as you say within 6 week their will be a copy available online.

as for the air craft i can get the yank one and the eft one for under £10 each, at 1:72 scale, and both are quite plain in painting so easy to render myself. if you went for 1:100 scale then id buy yours as i cant get that scale any where else. and iot would bring your price down to say £15 wich means the cost ofsets the effort of building and painting a kit enough for me to buy yours.

i got a Warrior the right scale in a kit, but im finding it a nightmare to build in the 30 min sessions i get let alone another 3 of them, so i will opt for your version instead as the cost offsets the effort im going to save.

also what perpose would a large craft have measurment is center to center and cover isnt going to be a factor for air power like say vehicles and helicopters where gerrtin the size right is important.
keep it simple and reduce air size, maybe evan 1:44 to represent its high above the battle field.

I can't believe we are having this discussion. Can anyone really justify putting a fixed wing asset on a table that is a couple of hundred yards square? Most weapons would be released way beyond the table, and the aircraft themselves would be over the ground for a very few seconds. At 1:64 scale a ground attack fighter will be massive - a foot across or more. Coupled with the point already made that these models are already available at competetive prices then I just cant see the point. MGP are wasting their time on fixed wing stuff, if they do have the extra capacity they should be looking at more ground pounding stuff, and preferably the sort of near future kit not available elsewhere.

Rant off

I wonde rif I could write fluff to let me use my Fleet Action Star Wars for Air Support?

Seeing the Falcon doing a strafing run could be...... interesting :lol:

LBH

have to sorta agree pilgrim there.

be better to produce a stand and a pack of air asset cards to go with the stand, then put your own crft ontop of stand.

then MGP could move forward and get ahead a wave.

I dunno,

Would kind of be against the concept of a line of prepainted minis to produce stats for a mini and then make you go and paint your own.

LBH

yeah but you got more money than brains :D or is that more money than tallent lol.

but serously any bigger than 1:72 scale and there be way to exspensive and way to impracticle, and for aircraft size is totaly irrelivent over all it could 3" long and work just as well as a 20 foot long version as its measured from center to center.

At the weekend I found an old older AH-64 model I had and put it out next to some other models. At 20x20 cm it just is too big for my liking. Even on a stand it just takes up too much space, especially I would suggested in urban setups.
Mr Evil said:
keep it simple and reduce air size, maybe evan 1:44 to represent its high above the battle field.
Normally I prefer to have everything in scale. Having now seen some 1:144 kits I am surprised to be quite happy using them. At £3/4 for JSFs, Typhoons, Apache's that's quite hard to say no to.

Presumably official BFevo models will be around £25-30. That's certainly more than I would pay sorry to say that. Given the quality of some kits I doubt these are going to be better detailed in anyway. Nor is a stat card or flying stand going to sway me there. I'd rather use that money for more infantry. I can build and paint up a model for a fraction of the price - model kits aren't that difficult to do quickly, tank tracks excepted. And I only need 1.

Personally, I still want things in scale, including the fixed wing stuff. Using multiple scales just bothers me. I'm willing to fork out a bit of money for a to-scale aircraft, esp. if it's high quality and prepainted, but not for something out of scale.

As for the size compared to the table, well, if I'm using air assets I plan on using a BIG table... :)

More heli's, an Osprey and lots of 'might be' ground assets! Skip the big air stuff. It should all be represented by effects only not models. I feel pretty much the same about MLRS and SCUD :)

I want everything that comes out for Bf:Evo to be in scale, practical or not... just for the fact that the airassets can then be integrated into terrain as well for bases or airfields... or if you have the money to throw around, for properly crushed terrain as well... :lol: Though I'd personally use building kits for that...

And on another note... I want a darn Apache on the table, overpriced or overeffective, its in the darn cover of the game! :lol:

*Though one is still sort of pleased that Mongoose decided to dodge the bullet by removing the adversaries from the piccie...* A good move in my opinion...

euro fighter 1:144 scale

<-> 10.6cm (106mm)
<o> 8.0cm (80mm)

Euro fighter 1:72 scale

<-> 22.0cm (220mm)
<o> 15.4 cm (154mm)

Euro fighter 1:65 BF-evo scale

<-> 24.3cm (243mm)
<o> 17.0cm (170mm)

i prefer the 1:44 scale personaly but maybe 1:100 scale would be better ?

Euro fighter 1:100 scale

<-> 15.8cm (158mm)
<o> 11.1cm (111mm)

this seems more reasonable to me and is often described as 15mm

lastbesthope said:
Surely you mean 1:144 not 1:44 Evil?

LBH

i did thanks, also edited now to save confusion

i think the 1:144 craft would fit the boxes well but look a bit small in some ways, playing around with WW2 and my 1:100 scale craft look good.

UH_6.jpg

UH_7.jpg

UH60 1:48

were talkinf about aircraft not helis, we know helis will be 1/65 as they are low level and it makes sence as some can land to drop of infantry ie the future lynx.

but the fixed wing aircraft, at 1:65 scale will be absolutly huge and in theory some could be as exspensive as £50+ due to size. and for what a center point ? that never actualy makes contact with any infantry, id say 1:100 after a few more looms at ranges today. it looks good for WW2 as it would for BF-evo

I see no reason to represent aircraft with a model. They would be moving too fast and too high in most cases. Just roll dice and simulate a air strike, and be done with it. If both sides have air, then roll off each turn to see if one or the other side gets air superiority, then the winner can attempt to make a air strike the next turn. Simple. (Does cost anything either!) :shock:

I'd still like to see some arty units. They make for great scenarios and on the modern battlefield it is much more possible for a highly mobile unit to get 'left behind' in a pocket where it might have to face insurgents or something. I wouldn't say the big stuff but units like the small wheeled MLRS and highly mobile stuff like the Paladin and the French and South African wheeled units would be great (eventually).

For now things like light trucks, MICVs and fast attacks seem more important.

Back