RuneQuest: The Clanking City on Amazon

Sounds A-MAZ-ING! :shock:

The city of Zistorwal is part-factory, part-fortress and instrumental to the Zistorite God Learners in their efforts to further their unique magical ends. Under smoking towers, the citizen workers stride among machinery built upon stolen Mostali secrets and enhanced by the vision of God Learner magicians and engineers. Through the streets, a giant automaton, the avatar of Zistor, strides proudly through the city named for him. In underground surgeries, God Learners replace their weak mortal flesh with alchemically-treated mechamagical implants, rising from blood-stained tables bearing metal limbs powered by sorcery and clockwork joints. This is the Machine City, known as the Clanking City for the noise its thousand engines make, and it stands defiant against a great siege mounted by the Empire of Wyrm's Friends and their allies of convenience. The Clanking City allows Games Masters and players to walk the streets of this infamous city in its golden age, shaping their own plots and campaigns in the towering structures and dark smoke-clogged alleys of this magical-technological nightmare metropolis.

C'mon DBC! That's not right to tease us like that! :lol:

Are we to assume YOU are the author? Can't wait for Magic either by the way...

Dead Blue Clown said:
Mac V said:
I WANT IT TODAY!

Y'can't have it today. I've not written it yet.

Though I did write that blurb, and the mechamagical implants of the Zistorite God Learners are detailed in Magic of Glorantha.

I have a question (not related) are you blue cause you are dead or were you blue before you were dead? just wondering.

Are you really a clown? (be honest).

P.s CC looks uhh sounds, I mean reads good.

"Dead Blue Clown" is based on a recurring nightmare I've had since I was about 16ish or so. The clown was mostly blue from its clothes and make-up, though. Not 'cuz it was dead.

Dead Blue Clown said:
"Dead Blue Clown" is based on a recurring nightmare I've had since I was about 16ish or so. The clown was mostly blue from its clothes and make-up, though. Not 'cuz it was dead.

Ah, you have my sympathy. Good that you are facing it though.

homerjsinnott said:
Dead Blue Clown said:

Ah, you have my sympathy. Good that you are facing it though.

Some people get them pretty bad. Mine isn't, really. It just means a few times a month I wake up being jittery the next day.

Dead Blue Clown said:

I imagine a live Blue Clown would have been tough to deal with as well.

That would be an interesting cult actually -- the Blue Clowns. Followers of a deity that wants the world to be funnier, like it or not. Initiates always wear something blue in plain view (as boldly or subtly as circumstances require), Rune Priests of the cult wear blue robes in ceremonies, and Rune Lords of the cult will pain themselves blue from head to toe and wear blue clothing and armor when doing anything important on behalf of the cult. Even their weapons are painted blue.

This cult may sound silly, but it is actually deadlier than you might think. The Rune lords of the Blue Clowns are in the habit of destroying people, creatures and places whose existence brings down the world's "humor quotient" according to them. They despise Chaos because nothing can be funny if nothing exists, but they aren't that fond of Law either because nothing amusing happens in a completely ordered universe. In their eyes, someone getting hurt does not make it less funny.

The most disturbing thing about the Blue Clown Rule Lords is that while they have a great appreciation of humor, they never laugh openly or in public. Laughter is a privilege reserved for the bosom of the deity, and for those to whom they tell the tale of their heroic, hilarious deeds. Thus, those dealing with the Blue Clowns often have no idea what they think is funny and what isn't -- which is especially threatening when given the ultimatum "Prove you can amuse me -- or die."

Michael Hopcroft said:
I imagine a live Blue Clown would have been tough to deal with as well.

That would be an interesting cult actually -- the Blue Clowns. Followers of a deity that wants the world to be funnier, like it or not.

Hey I'm liking that. Humour is a serious business. That joke just killed me. Could you imagine a city in which the DBC is active. Imagine being a stand-up comic when suddenly you see that ghastly shade of blue on some clothing in the audience. The sudden terror of that expression of studied neutrality. The acts of humourism against the "wrong type of humour." Some great scenarios in that. The PC's have to protect a famous wood-cut artist who upset the DBC by putting some blue wood stain in a cartoon depicting the actual DBC. The only way of knowing friend from enemy is to see whether they dare to laugh at a joke. Imagine a case where the sight of a blue kerchief is enough to get a party of well-armed and paranoid PCs to draw swords.

Destitute? You're working for Mongoose MAN!

Tell you what, I'll buy the pints if Rurick pays the airfair. :)

Back