Runequest Info

yipwyg

Mongoose
Hello

I am eagerly awaiting the release of this rpg. I know that it is still in beta testing, however is there any timeframe when some previews will start heading our way.

Also will articles start appearing in your Signs and Portents magazine, if so looks like I will be subscribing to it.

Thanks for any info.

Im also and old Runequest fan since the first edition. Is there a list of what support materials that Mongosse plans on printing for runequest?

I sincerely hope that they come closer to RQ II than any other. I am pleased that they have a good amount of Glorantha material on the release schedule. As a long time gamer, I have never found a game as much fun as RQ II. The world of Glorantha is an ideal world for the magic system. I would think that Arthur would have to alter that system...the common folk (and even the nobility) would have no access to magic without altering the mythology.
The critical hits/impale rules are indeed a core part of the game. Loss of limbs is not uncommon, but that is why heal 6 becomes a priority!

Reason the first spell my sorcerer learned was regenrate.
Tell a Storm Bull follower you are a sorcerer and he gets his ax out to cleave you
Tell a Storm Bull follower follower you are a Sorcerer and know regenerate at 100% and you got a friend for life.

Should I mention Vivamort? ::shudder::

Many years ago as part of a campaign our particular party assaulted a Thanatar temple and then a Vivamort Temple (enclave) in successive scenarios. I still have nightmares.

Jim Digriz said:
Many years ago as part of a campaign our particular party assaulted a Thanatar temple and then a Vivamort Temple (enclave) in successive scenarios. I still have nightmares.
::grins:: :lol:

I bet. I guess that was part of the attraction of RQ/Glorantha - the motive put onto each particular cult. You didn't just find a "monster", but a "den of evil" and it was difficult to play without that slant. :twisted:

Back