rules for infernum

pablo

Mongoose
Hey every one i am a huge dnd fan i have been playing sense i was young
i'm playing as a demon now in infernum i have wrote the people for answer to these question but i havent gotten any thing back so i hope you can help

#1 in 3.5 dnd if u have a claw attack you get an attack for every claw like a tiger gets to pounce with his front claws and rake with his back
do demon get the same a fiend has a claw attack would he get two for both hands

# 2 if u use iron claw do u have to put it on both claws to gain the affect

#3 do u get a save vs the hellfire bomb cause 1-20 plus craft skill is awful dmg to have with out getting a save

#4 if u gain a seconday attack like a hulk gets to bite if he opt to use a sword instead of his claw can he still make that secondary bite attack at a -5 and if he choise to use a sword can he opt to make his secondary attack his claw instead of his bite

#5 what magical spell gives u states u loss from breach back it mention it but i cant find it

and last one 3.5 dnd has a refocusing ability which allows u to take 20 on ure intiative role to go first on the next combat turn but u loss ure current turn i cant find any rules other then delayed and ready action so is refocusing in there

pablo said:
#1 in 3.5 dnd if u have a claw attack you get an attack for every claw like a tiger gets to pounce with his front claws and rake with his back do demon get the same a fiend has a claw attack would he get two for both hands

According to the sample characters in the Book of the Conquerer the author's intention was that a "claw" was treated more as a primary weapon such as a sword instead of a "claw" natural attack.

The main difference being that your claw can then have iterative attacks (though seemingly weaker at low levels), which natural weapons cannot.

At 12 level, assuming 10 Str:

Attack: Claw +12
Full Attack: Claw +12/+7/+2

# 2 if u use iron claw do u have to put it on both claws to gain the affect
If you didn't have iterative attacks then I would rule that you only need to wear one iron claw. However, once you get to level 6 (+6/+1) this iterative attack would be to swipe with one hand then the other for the two attacks. Of course, since you are asking this question to bypass a weakness of using iron claws, your dm may overrule the suggestion (since you are trying to gain +1 damage level for no offsetting balance).

#3 do u get a save vs the hellfire bomb cause 1-20 plus craft skill is awful dmg to have with out getting a save
No, it is potentially a lot of damage but it is also costly to do and well life is hell. Typically in 3.5 games any spell that requires a ranged touch attack will not allow a save.

#4 if u gain a seconday attack like a hulk gets to bite if he opt to use a sword instead of his claw can he still make that secondary bite attack at a -5 and if he choise to use a sword can he opt to make his secondary attack his claw instead of his bite

Claw and Bite
or
Sword and Bite

you may not do Sword and Claw because Claws are treated as weapons iterative attacks. If you take Two-weapon Fighting you may use (Sword and Claw)

#5 what magical spell gives u states u loss from breach back it mention it but i cant find it

Healing

and last one 3.5 dnd has a refocusing ability which allows u to take 20 on ure intiative role to go first on the next combat turn but u loss ure current turn i cant find any rules other then delayed and ready action so is refocusing in there
Actually. no it doesn't. Not in my PHB and not in the SRD. THe SRD being the only true source of 3.5 rules that authors can draw from. I remember a similar ability that was introduced in Spycraft was called regroup and we've used it as a house rule from time to time.

You can sort of use delay to refocus but it is costly. The rules for Delay and Readied actions are on p.127 of the Book of the Damned.

ok so when ure demon growns or increase in size
he gets a plus to str and his claw and bite dmg goes up one category
do u gain any other bonus beside more reach

i know u said healing gives u back ability point dmg
but if u read under breached it says the dmg u take is permanite
and healing says it only gives u back temporay for 5 points of iliaster

I will check into that tonight and your other question probably tonight or tomorrow as I'm working on playtest notes for another product right now.

A few other questions:

1) Is their any penalty associated with firing a missile weapons from the air? For example, can a fiend fire a rifle while airborne without penalty, or is their any sort of a penalty involved? (like some rules penalize mounted troops firing 'from the saddle')

2) A shattergun is listed as a single handed weapon, can small sized cratures (like artificers and imps) use it single handed also?

3) Loading a firearm is listed as a 'move' action, taking potentially 3 seconds to complete. I assume we are talking about reloading using a spare magazine or clip, because my mind boggles at the idea of someone reloading a six shot revolver in three seconds doing it a round at a time.

4) Bk 1 , page 122 talks about demons being breached, (below '0' hit points) and losing iliaster, which other demons nearby can drink. What happens when a demon runs out of iliaster reserve? Can another demon still drink from his wounds? Or once a demon's iliaster reserve is gone, then there is no more benefit from drinking his/hers/it's ichor?

5) My son ("Pablo") brought up the issue about how to recover permanently lost stat points through magic. I thought somewhwere it said that it would cost ~ 50 crowns/point to recover using magical means, but I couldn't find it when I tried searching through the rule book. I would like to reiterate his question, Can a character recover permanently lost stats, what is the mechanism for doing so, and how much does it cost?

Thank you
Mikeydanuke.

hey yeah so i have more question can any one help

ok first say u have a hulk with a machine gun and he buys a large one now i know it does more dmg but does the area effect of his auto fire go up any
so say u have a huge hulk who buys a huge mini gun no he is what 20 25 feet tall but his gun only effects a 10by10 square

so speak of big can u even get bigger guns can u walk around as a huge hulk with a huge pistol

question 3 in dnd i think it ready that to be able to fly u have to have a light load so can i assume that it works the same way in this game

question 4 does haveing multiply heads or arms or a tail benefit u in a grapple at all i mean can u do the lil goro thing from mortal combat holding a guy with ure two lower arms and beating him to death with you top two arms

and my last question for the night

if i was a fiend and was in a grapple awesome i had the correct str can i life off with the person i am grpple with in hand or fly by and pick him up

pablo said:
ok so when ure demon growns or increase in size
he gets a plus to str and his claw and bite dmg goes up one category
do u gain any other bonus beside more reach

When you increase in size: (from p.190 - Book of the Damned)

+2 Str
Natural Weapon size increase
Fighting Space and Reach increase (This only changes when you get Large or Larger)
Armour Class modified by new size

pablo said:
i know u said healing gives u back ability point dmg
but if u read under breached it says the dmg u take is permanite
and healing says it only gives u back temporay for 5 points of iliaster

You are right. I would ammend the spell to say that for 15 points of iliaster, one point of permanent ability damage can be healed.

Mikeydanuke said:
A few other questions:

1) Is their any penalty associated with firing a missile weapons from the air? For example, can a fiend fire a rifle while airborne without penalty, or is their any sort of a penalty involved? (like some rules penalize mounted troops firing 'from the saddle')

This is a really interesting question. I don't think there is anything in the rules to address this. Either in the Infernum books or the SRD.

I would say it depends on the manoeuvrability of the Demon in question and the amount of movement they are using in a round.

I would apply no penalty to any Demon that was "Hovering".
Otherwise I would apply a -2 penalty to any demon using ranged weapons , if they have average manoeuvrability. A -4 penalty to any demon with poor manoeuvrability. A -6 penalty to any demon with clumsy manoeuvrability.

Of would be easy enough for a demon to take Hover to avoid the penalty.

Mikeydanuke said:
2) A shattergun is listed as a single handed weapon, can small sized creatures (like artificers and imps) use it single handed also?
No, it would need to be wielded as a 2 handed weapon, however you could have a small Shattergun dealing 1d10 damage that could be wielded one-handed by Small creatures

Mikeydanuke said:
3) Loading a firearm is listed as a 'move' action, taking potentially 3 seconds to complete. I assume we are talking about reloading using a spare magazine or clip, because my mind boggles at the idea of someone reloading a six shot revolver in three seconds doing it a round at a time.
This is a simplication to speed game play. If we were worried about the making reloading realistic, I think we should have been more concerned about being demons as characters. :D

Mikeydanuke said:
4) Bk 1 , page 122 talks about demons being breached, (below '0' hit points) and losing iliaster, which other demons nearby can drink. What happens when a demon runs out of iliaster reserve? Can another demon still drink from his wounds? Or once a demon's iliaster reserve is gone, then there is no more benefit from drinking his/hers/it's ichor?
If the reserve is gone then there is no other benefit from drinking from the wounds. However, Oblurotts would probably point out that its the taste that important, not the iliaster. Drinking and devouring and enemy may be a way for some demons to honour their foes.

Mikeydanuke said:
5) My son ("Pablo") brought up the issue about how to recover permanently lost stat points through magic. I thought somewhwere it said that it would cost ~ 50 crowns/point to recover using magical means, but I couldn't find it when I tried searching through the rule book. I would like to reiterate his question, Can a character recover permanently lost stats, what is the mechanism for doing so, and how much does it cost?

Thank you
Mikeydanuke.

I suggested a solution in a previous post.
I can find no reference to a ~50 crowns/point anywhere using a Find command on my pdf copy. Though if you feel you like to create a restorative elixer and have it cost a certain amount that probably wouldn't upset the game.

Actually, there is a way to get ability score points back now that I think of it. Check out Binding V (p235 of the Damned). A demon drained through being breached will only be a shadow of its former self, but it could devour its way back to the top by Binding others to itself and stealing their ability scores.

thanks for the help i like the binding thing but that doenst seem fair to other demons that cant bind so i like the 15 points of iliaster that means u could do it tell 8 th level so it sounds good how much would u say a demon would charge to get that done

thanks for the help

did u see the other set of question i wrote

once agian thank u

Playtester_Gedak said:
Mikeydanuke said:
A few other questions:

I would say it depends on the manoeuvrability of the Demon in question and the amount of movement they are using in a round.

(sorry, just woke up from working nights, and did the quotes wrong....anyway.....)
My experience with firearms, movement, and accuracy would lead me to expect a reasonably hefty penalty for accuracy for a "moving-and-firing" figure. For my campaign purposes then I think I will come up with a house rule so that everyone knows what to expect. I can't see where even a hovering character wouldn't suffer a penalty (those wings must throw accuracy off some, even if "flying" in the same spot) but it will take me a few days, as I'm already trying to put 4 or 5 "House Rules" in their final form.

I can find no reference to a ~50 crowns/point anywhere using a Find command on my pdf copy. Though if you feel you like to create a restorative elixer and have it cost a certain amount that probably wouldn't upset the game.

This will probably be another house rule. Haven't worked it out all yet, and currently the party members are too low to be really effective at binding and draining an enemy, plus, most aren't sorcerers.

So, I am toying with the idea of a "Greater Hellbroth" whose sole purpose would be to restore "permanently lost stats". Cost would be in the range of 5 - 10 Crowns. The GH's would have a short lifespan, in a matter of hours, so they couldnt be taken along on an expedition, but would have to be used when made.

Thanks for the replies.

Toodles

Mikeydanuke

when a fiend use hellfire bomb while on the ground it does a 5 ft burst
so does that mean he dmg the creature around him or do he attack wiht it
so if it attack the surround creature is it liek splash dmg where its only one point

House Rule:

I would say that it is created within 5 ft. of the demon and do a 5 ft. burst.
Hellfire would not do splash damage.

Back