Rule Questions

Hank Raab

Mongoose
Hi all - have a few rule questions:

1. Elevated firing. is the +2 damage only vs. armoured targets?
Also, if I use a Black Hawk firing a Mini-gun down onto target (or a plane with cannons) do they get this bonus if they are at proper height?

2. Destroyed transports.... after hits are rolled vs. riders how to place them... what is the official ruling? I've heard some use a free reaction move for survivors? some place troops against the body of the wreak. What do you all think?

Hank Raab said:
Hi all - have a few rule questions:

1. Elevated firing. is the +2 damage only vs. armoured targets?
Also, if I use a Black Hawk firing a Mini-gun down onto target (or a plane with cannons) do they get this bonus if they are at proper height?

2. Destroyed transports.... after hits are rolled vs. riders how to place them... what is the official ruling? I've heard some use a free reaction move for survivors? some place troops against the body of the wreak. What do you all think?

1. Yes it has to be a vehicle with a Armor Rating, AND that vehicle has to have a different side and rear rating. and YES, air gets that bonus, even though I disagree with that one, since MPs cards are very powerful in the air already. I wonder if they forgot about the elevated bonus, when they produced them?

2. Official ruling IS you get to place your miniature within a normal move distance from the vehicle. (using the word reaction confuses the issue). That said troops killed in the explosion can have a effect on suppression.

Those are both official from past question and answers on this forum. Please feel free to do what ever you want, if you dislike the answer.

Well lets see if I can help here,

The answer to your first question is for the most part is; Yes.
but to clarify( the target must have the Armored Ablility on it card, and in that rule suffer a penalty to the armor rolls for shot to the rear and side faceings.) [You can find this rule at the top of page 32 in the advance rule book just under the chart.] :wink:
As for the second half of your first quetion, yes as long as they are more then 6 inches from the target. [This rule is at the lower right corner of page 31]

Now for the second question,

Well there isn't a ruling in the book that I can find, but when we play it tends to be able half a move action away from the transport.

Back