Red Sonja - The Movie

Teutonic

Mongoose
Laste Weekend, before our session, I watched the RS Movie. There were named countries and cities I never heard of in the REH stories or in Conan RPG. Is this something I have missed or is just crappy pastiche?

And did Mponoose used stuff from the movie in the RPG?

Teutonic said:
Laste Weekend, before our session, I watched the RS Movie. There were named countries and cities I never heard of in the REH stories or in Conan RPG. Is this something I have missed or is just crappy pastiche?

And did Mponoose used stuff from the movie in the RPG?

I haven't seen it but universally heard that it is dreck. I would guess the film-makers were making it up as they went along. Typical Hollywood... :roll:

Teutonic said:
Is this something I have missed or is just crappy pastiche?

Yep, it's a crappy pastiche!

If they had had any money to spend on it they would have called Arnie "Conan".
Nothing about the Red Sonja film has anything to do with REH's work, so enjoy it for it's other redeeming features (if you can find any).

The movie may not have been the greatest, but I prefer to see her in that than arm-in-arm with Flava Flav..... the Sureal Life...oy!

Although Arnie is in it, it technically was not a Conan film, no. Because Arnie doesn't actually play Conan in it. The entire story was very loosely inspired by Red Sonja, as only the character's name seems to have survived the story-to-movie transition.

Red Sonja is a cheap Italian fantasy flick with lots of sword fights, a mediocre script and very little acting. That being said, I feel statements like "crap" or "dreck" are a bit harsh. I think it's actually very entertaining.

Teutonic said:
Nielsen looks fine, but were was the chainmail bikini?

:lol:
What chainmail bikini? This is what Sonja should look like:
conan24.x.jpg

Or this:
redsonja.jpg

But not this:
rs.jpg

Mmm... on second thoughts... :D

Gr.,
Ant

rs.jpg

If the rationale is that the exposed skin is distracting to her enemies then I would say the above pic should be defense exhibit #1... :D

Michael Tuner is a very talented artist. I like BWS's version as well.

Strom said:
rs.jpg

If the rationale is that the exposed skin is distracting to her enemies then I would say the above pic should be defense exhibit #1... :D

Michael Tuner is a very talented artist. I like BWS's version as well.

And with that she sure doesn´t suffer any penalties to defence or skill checks. :lol:

Back