Quick Start

If you're struggling or have some issues, let us know what they are.

If you want some starting, pre-made characters, drop me a PM and I can send over a few PDFs. There are some scenarios already published and available.

For beginner GM:s and players, I would recommend "Rune of Chaos". It it easy start for your MRQ campaign

EDIT. Here is link:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/detail.php?qsID=1284&qsSeries=39

GoingDown said:
For beginner GM:s and players, I would recommend "Rune of Chaos". It it easy start for your MRQ campaign

I wouldn't.

I find it horrendously flawed by (amongst other things) the premise that in a magic system based on Runes, no one is capable of recognising what a rune is when they see it...

duncan_disorderly said:
I find it horrendously flawed by (amongst other things) the premise that in a magic system based on Runes, no one is capable of recognising what a rune is when they see it...

It works for us. In our world, common runes are quite easily identified by normal people, but rare ones can only be identified by really few people.

I was looking for something like the Mutants and Masterminds quick rules, CoC Quick Start Rules, GURPS Lite rules, Shadowrun Quick Run etc - a complete adventure and cut down and/or simple version of the rules so I can players interested and playing quickly

Although the main rule book is simple enough it does not break things down enough for an introduction plus you then need to add in the other options from the other books. A quick start makes it a lot easier.

I'll look over Rune of Chaos but I was not knocked out by it after a quick look in my local shop.

I'm, not sure the rules can be cut down much more than the basic rulebook. Much of the Adventuring section can be ignored, but for a flavour of RQ you'll be needing character creation, the skill system, combat system and Rune Magic.

Back