Established Psionics Institutes in Traveller

"250,000 years ago, Yaskodray "awakened" his primitive Droyne brethren" The date is wrong.

Animals and plants can be psionic.

"Taxation without representation" the Imperium is not a democracy...

Hi, Long time Traveller player (1977 - Marc got me started)
New to Mongoose forums (Signed up today)

Anyway, I read part of this and then jumped to the end.

in 640(TI), Empress Arbellatra founds the Order of the White Star, open to any Imperial knight with psionic ability
in 650(TI) Psionics started growing in popularity throughout Imperium
in 770(TI) Psionics research reached its height in the Imperium (and) Various Imperial Intelligence agencies begin working to eliminate the Psionic Institutes due to their potential as a "fifth column" in a future war with the Zhodani Consulate

in 772(TI) Public opinion shifted against the Psionic Institutes as a series of financial, ethical and moral scandals erupt within the Institutes
in 792(TI) Security police refuse to suppress anti-psionic rioters on Attica; the new government accepts a Zhodani offer of troops to restore order
in 800(TI) Empress Paula II signs the first of 65 suppression orders for the Psionic Institutes, and eventually revokes all Institute charters and the Psionic Suppressions begin - two Charter revocations are then signed as mentioned earlier in this thread. Terra was meantioned, and the Spinward Marches Institute was on Regina. That institute was relocated to Wypoc and the cover for that location is the secret Hazardous Environment suit research base the Imperial Marines maintain there

in 815(TI) As a result of the Psionic Suppressions, the covert operation powers of the Imperial Ministry of Justice Special Branch (JSB) powers are expanded
In 818(TI) Imperial troops fail to prevent a mob from storming the Murchison School of Mental Excellence - Imperial brutality in dealing with non-psionic protestors regarding mob violence on Murchison ignites the Psionic Rebellion of 818

the list goes on....

Let me know if you want the complete list on this subject?

Back