[2300 AD] Any news on Invasion?

It is - plus we have another 2300AD project in the works as well now, so hopefully it won't be too long before we have some fun things for you!
Ok awesome, thank you - I just picked up the core set to try to suss out what it's all about and, I have to say, I am very much liking what I see so far so I think I'll be getting the rest of the stuff. Looking forward to some lower tech frontier adventures in this time period.
Happy to hear there are some more things coming too!

I hope invasion considers the fact that drones and robots should be a major component of the military. It makes more sense to have a group of NCOs and a few Officers in a secure vehicle/bunker controlling a bunch of robots and robot vehicles with advance drone interface. One trained person with the machine interface cyber wear packages could give orders and oversee whole platoon/squads. This gets even more effective if you have the Remote-Initiated Biological Avatar Control Interface tho this technology is technically TL 13 possible a more dangerous version could be designed for the setting. Every argument for the use of walkers also applies to Robots/Drones with in the military case the added advantage of protecting a trained human

Also while it’s strongly implied to be the case the rules also don’t seem to actually incorporate the concept of using interface cyberwear to control vehicle and the advantages/disadvantages of doing this.

Finally I think that there should be military Aerodynes also.

Please feel free to give the author my contact information I believe I can be helpful with much of this. And if not I suggest he read or at least skim the Warbots book series by G. Harry Stine it’s good stuff and really fits the setting in many ways

Back