Questions for Mongoose

It's a compatibility problem with certain pdf readers from what I've read. It is not everyone, but it is definitely more than a few people. It happened with a number of Mongoose's products. I've not personally had that problem, so I don't have any more info than that. Sorry. :(
Both Preview and PDF Expert across iOS and macOS are doing this. Having used them extensively for other RPG PDFs without issue as far as I can recall, if I had to do a wager, I’d put my money on the PDFs simply not having the imagery. Which for a $50 set of PDFs is not Ideal 😬

The file has the images, because most people using most pdf readers are able to see those images. But it's a known issue with certain pdf readers. Why they have problems with some of Mongoose's files, I don't know. Probably something to do with the particular program Mongoose uses on their side not getting along properly with the program you are using.

(Well, I don't know specifically about Project Bayern since I don't have it, but this exact issue with certain IOS PDF readers has been reported with some other Mongoose publications, where other PDF readers did not have a problem).

The file has the images, because most people using most pdf readers are able to see those images. But it's a known issue with certain pdf readers. Why they have problems with some of Mongoose's files, I don't know. Probably something to do with the particular program Mongoose uses on their side not getting along properly with the program you are using.

(Well, I don't know specifically about Project Bayern since I don't have it, but this exact issue with certain IOS PDF readers has been reported with some other Mongoose publications, where other PDF readers did not have a problem).
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has Project Bayern, and the images are working. And given that this has been raised on DTRPG and here, I really wish I could get an official mongoose response.

It’s a little hard to identify the right one of the four books when the covers are white and they don’t have their file name listed in for instance, iBooks.

Again, this is not a problem with any of the other PDFs I have, and I have… many.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has Project Bayern, and the images are working. And given that this has been raised on DTRPG and here, I really wish I could get an official mongoose response.

It’s a little hard to identify the right one of the four books when the covers are white and they don’t have their file name listed in for instance, iBooks.

Again, this is not a problem with any of the other PDFs I have, and I have… many.
Working fine here with Acrobat Reader 9.5.5 and Atril 1.24.0.

Attachments

• Project Bayern-pdf.png
    Project Bayern-pdf.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
I can verify that Adobe Acrobat Reader for macOS does indeed show the cover art. Which while it's 'better' and proves that there is some sort of technical glitch behind it all, it's little help when neither Finder for macOS, nor Files for iOS, nor any of the apps I normally use to index my PDFs (Preview, Books, PDF Expert) can show the covers 😿

Unlikely, but any chance that the PDF's can ever be structured similar to ebooks so you can change the text size on the screen and it will re-paginate? I prefer to read at night on a device in darkmode, which is a challenge for these aging eyes with normal PDF's.

Out of curiosity, what is the possibility of revamping / updating the corporation rules from Traveller 1e Book 7 Merchant Prince? For that matter, a 2e version of Merchant Prince?

Out of curiosity, what is the possibility of revamping / updating the corporation rules from Traveller 1e Book 7 Merchant Prince? For that matter, a 2e version of Merchant Prince?
Quite good, but it will not be quick. We currently have an outline for a 'belt mining' supplement that would introduce rules for small corporations. This would naturally lead into a full blown Merchant Prince book.

However, this is likely at least two years away. In the pipeline, but a little way down.

Hello Moongoose!
I have always found travellers a very interesting and detailed system. However, I find it difficult to manage everything during gameplay: keeping track of who is wearing what, who is encumbered, what is in the cargo, can I buy this weapon etc.
So, I have created a computer program to help manage all the aspects of a travelling spaceship: from jump fuel calculation to speculative trading for our campaign. I was thinking of sharing it with the community. Can I? What license should I use? In general I do not want to make money out of it; I am happy if people can use it and suggest improvements.

Hello Moongoose!
I have always found travellers a very interesting and detailed system. However, I find it difficult to manage everything during gameplay: keeping track of who is wearing what, who is encumbered, what is in the cargo, can I buy this weapon etc.
So, I have created a computer program to help manage all the aspects of a travelling spaceship: from jump fuel calculation to speculative trading for our campaign. I was thinking of sharing it with the community. Can I? What license should I use? In general I do not want to make money out of it; I am happy if people can use it and suggest improvements.

Hi! If you send the information over in in email to msprange@mongoosepublishing.com he will get back to you :)

Back