Question about size and scale of the ship and map

Sapphire

Mongoose
I live in UK and founded B5 in local bookshop and I looked into the Mongoose Website and founded the Forum. The only things B5 disappointed me are the requirement of wizards core book of 3.5. :evil:

Otherwise it is great and I am a good D20 game master to recalled the rules in the other books to do this one.

Therefore, I got the questions when I finished the book.

The scales of the ships in B5 are too small in the vehicles scale. I did changed the measurement of the Colossal. What is your opinion on this?

Oh yeah, one more things to type.

Have anyone have any ideas of the scale on the Galaxy map in B5. I sure it is look good with all the colour, but I am interesting in distance.

Thank, I will waited for other books to arrive, It does looked great

Cheer,

Sapphire

I am not 100% sure on this, but from my observations, it seems that the 3.5 D&D players handbook is not needed, the older one could work well. I think you can get by with the first printing Player's Handbook. You may be able to buy a copy of more dedicated D&D players, at a cheap price, who have bought a 3.5 book, and are no longer going to realy use it.

Sapphire said:
Have anyone have any ideas of the scale on the Galaxy map in B5. I sure it is look good with all the colour, but I am interesting in distance.

"Variable" unfortunately. It's a hyperspace jumproute map, not a realspace map and hyperspace isn't consistantly scaled relative to real space, plus has currents and other nasties to contend with.

The only thing that would be meaningful would be travel times. I can't remember if those are listed.

As an aside what did Mongoose do with Eridani (40 Eridani, not Episilon Eridani which is where B5 is)? It's referenced in the EA Fact Book as a colony, but no map etc, plus it was present on the AoG and CE system maps that the Mongoose map is derived from.

If it's been renamed, all well and good - but major parts of my former B5 campaign were set there so I'm kinda worried...

Sapphire said:
The scales of the ships in B5 are too small in the vehicles scale. I did changed the measurement of the Colossal. What is your opinion on this?
It was mentioned, in several threds before... basically, they took a size system from elsewhere and adapted it to have something. Of course the sizes were a bit wrong for B5 (as are the hit points for that matter), but as a crude first attempt for a starship combat system that's tied together with the RPG rules it suffices for now.
But noone would be surprised if someone changed the size categories... as other people have suggested elsewhere.

As frobisher mentioned, no such luck here. I still hope Mongoose will one day bring out a special "maps" supplement, with not only versions of their map for several time periods, but also a "travel time map" for all the hyperspace routes (current and those no longer operational), and of course realspace maps for all the star systems on their map (and maybe even a big, "politically neutral" hyperaspace route starmap as folding poster...)

frobisher,

Hyperspace travel times are listed on page 150 of the B5 Factbook. I also find it suprising that 40 Eridani is not on thet map.

Back