Query regarding old B5 models

Hi all,

My only interest in space combat is Babylon 5. I realise you don't have the franchise anymore for official fleet lists, but does the new ACTA work with B5 ships and technology?

e.g. beam weapons, point defence, shadow and Vorlon organic technology?

If it does is anyone working on unofficially converting B5 stats to the new rules??

Ta

Andy Watkins

The technology is quite different. So it will be no easy task to fit B5 into the new rules.

I do know Da Boss has worked on fitting the new critical system into B5.

To be honest I don't really see the point in converting. Might as well just play 2nd ed if you want to play B5. Most of the new rules (that I know of?) aren't really applicable to B5 anyway, so making 3rd ed versions of B5 ships seems a little pointless to me. I guess the crit system would be one reason, but better to incorporate this as a 2nd ed house rule.

Greg Smith said:
The technology is quite different. So it will be no easy task to fit B5 into the new rules.

Yet another reason to ignore this new offering. No ship builder, no easy way to convert :-(.

Sigh...

Cheers, Gary

as burger said the only major differance is the crit system.
you could bring in the crit system from 3rd ed to 2nd or play around with the 2e one to have the same effect.

silashand said:
Yet another reason to ignore this new offering. No ship builder, no easy way to convert :-(.

I did have a thought about this.

Buy a copy of the revised Holistic Design Noble Armada rulebook from ebay/Noble Knight/wherever use that to build ships. Convert to ACTA.

There was a conversion system used in creating NA ACTA stats from original NA.

Greg Smith said:
silashand said:

I did have a thought about this.

Buy a copy of the revised Holistic Design Noble Armada rulebook from ebay/Noble Knight/wherever use that to build ships. Convert to ACTA.

There was a conversion system used in creating NA ACTA stats from original NA.

I don't quite understand. Are you saying the original NA product had conversion charts/whatever for building ACTA compatible ships? How would that interact with the new ACTA which doesn't apparently represent things like beams, etc. which are in ACTAv2? I'm confused.

Cheers, Gary

I don't quite understand. Are you saying the original NA product had conversion charts/whatever for building ACTA compatible ships? How would that interact with the new ACTA which doesn't apparently represent things like beams, etc. which are in ACTAv2? I'm confused.

The original Noble Armada Rules had a ship building section for the game. CTA weapons like Beams, Twin - Linked weapons and e-mines do not have a Noble Armada equivalent nor do these types of weapons exsist in the Fading Suns Universe.

Also Double Damage/ Triple Damage, Quad Damage weaopns do not exsist they are replaced by the Multi - Hit trait which works well with the Shield system of Noble Armada Universe.

silashand said:

No.

There was a conversion process used in the process of writting ACTA-NA. It should allow the conversion of ships created using the original NA rules to ACTAv2.

For example: each weapon = 1AD.
Noble Armada hex ranges = ACTA range in inches.
(There are a were a handful of exeptions made).

Greg Smith said:
No.

There was a conversion process used in the process of writting ACTA-NA. It should allow the conversion of ships created using the original NA rules to ACTAv2.

For example: each weapon = 1AD.
Noble Armada hex ranges = ACTA range in inches.
(There are a were a handful of exeptions made).

So what good does that do me? I still cannot convert B5 to ACTA:NA it seems.

Cheers, Gary

Back